Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Predict your 53 Edit: Post Week 1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the whole purpose was to compare your individual pre-season roster with the final 53 to see how you did? If you update every week where is the challenge? With a few exceptions every one's final should look exactly like the Raider's. Should it?

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
EricAllen21

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah your right. Just got bored decided to make an assessment of the team
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I marked my updated picks in bold from pre-game 1. Italicized players are guys I think we be here temporarily do to injury or suspensions and then re-evaluated and more than likely let go if there is not significant improvement. Likely we will sign an OL so this only accounts for current roster.

QB: Matt Flynn - Terelle Pryor- Matt McGloin
RB: Darren McFadden - Latavius Murray - Rashard Jennings
FB: Marcel Reece
WR: Rod Streater - Juron Criner - Brice Butler
WR: Denarius Moore - Jacoby Ford - Josh Cribbs
TE: Richard Gordon- Mychal Rivera - David Ausberry
LT: Jared Veldheer(IR) - Alex Barron
LG: Lucas Nix - Tony Bergstrom
C: Stefan Wisniewski - Andre Gurode
RG: Mike Briesel
RT: Khalif Barnes - Menelik Watson

LE: Lamarr Houston - Jason Hunter
DT: Pat Sims - Christo Bilukidi
DT: Vance Walker - Stacy McGee
RE: Andre Carter - David Bass
DL: Jack Crawford
SLB: Kevin Burnett - Miles Burris(PUP)
MLB: Nick Roach - Omar Gaither- Keenon Clayton
WLB: Sio Moore - Kaluka Maiava- Kevin Burnett
CB: DJ Hayden - Tracy Porter - Chimdi Chekwa
CB: Mike Jenkins - Philip Adams - Tawain Jones
FS: Charles Woodson - Brandian Ross
SS: Tyvon Branch - Usama Young

K: Sebastian Janikowski
P: Marquette King
LS: Jon Condo

WR Andre Holmes- will be signed for at least the first 4 games and then his future will be determined. Doesnt count against the 53 during suspension.

Practice squad
QB Tyler Wilson
RB Deonte Williams
DE Ryan Robinson
WR Connor Vernon
TE Nick Kasa
DT Kurt Taufa'asau
WR Greg Jenkins
DB Corey Nelms
DB: Chance Casey

Bubble:
Kluwe, Hanson, Parsons, Mastrud, PS guys.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do people continue to suggest Wilson will be waived? An infinite number of things could happen involving the QBs corp but waiving a celebrated 4th round "steal" who looked sharp in OTAs isn't one of them. If Pryor didn't get cut when he struggled to come away from center, it's definitely not happening now.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
Why do people continue to suggest Wilson will be waived? An infinite number of things could happen involving the QBs corp but waiving a celebrated 4th round "steal" who looked sharp in OTAs isn't one of them. If Pryor didn't get cut when he struggled to come away from center, it's definitely not happening now.

Make your own. Very Happy
ch8878

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

August 27 - Prior to 4:00 p.m EST teams must be cut to 75 players

August 31 - Prior to 6:00 p.m EST teams must be cut to 53 players

September 1 - Claiming period for players placed on waivers at the final roster reduction will expire at 12:00

September 1 - Beginning at 12:00 p.m., EST clubs may establish a Practice Squad of eight players by signing free agents who do not have an Accrued Season of free agency credit or who were on the 46-player Active List for less than nine regular season games during each of any Accrued Seasons. A player cannot serve on the Practice Squad for more than three seasons.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

Why should I? I'll just wait until Aug 30 when it's painfully obvious who'll make the final 53 just like you plan on doing.

Prelude: "Surprising Wilson has shown enough the last few days to squeak onto the final 53".

Bonez wrote:
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Baggabonez wrote:

Why should I? I'll just wait until Aug 30 when it's painfully obvious who'll make the final 53 just like you plan on doing.

Prelude: "Surprising Wilson has shown enough the last few days to squeak onto the final 53".

LOL

I was going to think of something clever but my opinions seem to bother you enough on their own.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just jokes, man. No worries.

Bonez wrote:
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know most don't agree that Wilson will not make final 53 but I am starting to wonder if McGloin should even join the final 53. It might be more beneficial to put both on PS and free up a roster spot. Not many teams keep 3 and it seems we would be better served to have depth at other spots.

A bit of a gamble but not really the chances that both PS QB's get picked up is pretty unlikely. And maybe as the season plays out we could switch it up. Anyhow just something I was thinking about.
Joe Nobody

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty safe bet that Wilson wouldn't make it to the practice squad.
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to take a look at Adrian Hamilton. I was a big fan of his coming out, he was a crazy productive college player as a pass rusher. Ravens like what he brings but are so deep at LB that he might be one of the last to get cut. I still like his potential as a pass rusher and he's good on ST.

Depends on how Robinson turns out I guess. Hopefully He and Bass can bring something to the table as Pass rushers this year.
Dessie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
I know most don't agree that Wilson will not make final 53 but I am starting to wonder if McGloin should even join the final 53. It might be more beneficial to put both on PS and free up a roster spot. Not many teams keep 3 and it seems we would be better served to have depth at other spots.

A bit of a gamble but not really the chances that both PS QB's get picked up is pretty unlikely. And maybe as the season plays out we could switch it up. Anyhow just something I was thinking about.

Don't they have to clear waivers before being put on the PS? Very unlikely 2 QBs clear waivers.
#clueless
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How I see it.... Wilson has potential and will make the 53. McGloin is a fighter, but let's be real here. He's very limited. He was bounced by Washington and Carolina prior to coming to Oakland.

McGloin would clear to the PS. He's not got a great skill set that teams will covet over whatever 3rd string QB they are already grooming.

The sad fact is.... the Raiders QBs are crap, so crap we actually get excited about a guy like McGloin who would most teams wouldn't even look at.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
How I see it.... Wilson has potential and will make the 53. McGloin is a fighter, but let's be real here. He's very limited. He was bounced by Washington and Carolina prior to coming to Oakland.

McGloin would clear to the PS. He's not got a great skill set that teams will covet over whatever 3rd string QB they are already grooming.

The sad fact is.... the Raiders QBs are crap, so crap we actually get excited about a guy like McGloin who would most teams wouldn't even look at.

Thats kind of what I am saying. I just dont see either guy being the future so why waste a roster spot when we can use the depth. Take a gamble and worst case one of the two make it. The guy who played into the #3 spot or the guy we were hoping would play into the #3 spot.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: