Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redskin fans Fantasy Football League - REGULAR SEASON
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually did set my position drafting for the computer up to take RBs early because they're such a scarce commodity.

chauboy wrote:
Then there was 1 group of girls that were just standing against of wall, the group being hot, just texting. Just intimidating.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget to set your lineups before Thursday as the season begins then and not this Sunday. Good luck!

Thanks to mike23md for the sig

Adopt - a - Redskin
Bashaud Breeland - 46 tackles, 9 PD, 2 FF, 2 TFL, 1 INT
Jordan Reed - 36 catches, 377 rec yards
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moss89Petey better hope Arian Foster doesn't have that back problem linger too far into the season. I just did a fantasy draft on Saturday (wasn't going to do FF this year but they roped me in) and I deliberately stayed away from him.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
DCRED

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Moss89Petey better hope Arian Foster doesn't have that back problem linger too far into the season. I just did a fantasy draft on Saturday (wasn't going to do FF this year but they roped me in) and I deliberately stayed away from him.

Depends on where you pick, but I would drop him a few spots from the #2 spot he was sitting at all preseason, THEN I would cross my fingers that I'm not picking at 5 or 6... Laughing

Who did you draft, Thai?
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:

Depends on where you pick, but I would drop him a few spots from the #2 spot he was sitting at all preseason, THEN I would cross my fingers that I'm not picking at 5 or 6... Laughing

Who did you draft, Thai?

I was picking #5 out of 12 teams. Standard scoring (except passing TDs are worth 6pts) and no PPR.

QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, FLEX (W/R/T), K, DEF with 5 bench slots.

My first pick was McCoy

My 2nd pick I was going to go RB (to do a RB/RB run) but who was still available? Yeah, Jimmy Graham. The value was too great to pass up.

So the 3rd round I grabbed Gore.

After that all the value in RB dropped off the map so instead of chasing a 3rd or 4th tier RB I focused on WR until the RB relative value returned later in the draft.

I managed to get the following players (in order):

4th - Vincent Jackson
5th - Jordy Nelson
6th - Eric Decker
7th - Tony Romo (don't laugh - he may put up 1 or 2 stinkers each year but he's a top-10 fantasy QB and EVERYONE sleeps on him in the draft - probably could've gotten him a round lower but I was afraid of someone snatching him up as their backup)
8th - Chris Ivory
9th - Lance Moore
10th - Michael Floyd ( could be a sleeper if Arizona's passing attack breaks out with Palmer)
11th - Martellus Bennett
12th - Jay Cutler (passing attack should be good this year with Trestman)
13th - Green Bay
14th - Dan Bailey (just missed out on Forbath by two picks Evil or Very Mad Bailey had next highest FG% )

So my team is:

QB: Romo, Cutler
RB: McCoy, Gore, Ivory
WR: VJax, Nelson, Decker, Moore, Floyd
TE: Graham, Bennett
K: Bailey
DEF: Green Bay

Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
DCRED wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:

Who did you draft, Thai?

I was picking #5 out of 12 teams. Standard scoring (except passing TDs are worth 6pts) and no PPR.

My first pick was McCoy

My 2nd pick I was going to go RB (to do a RB/RB run) but who was still available? Yeah, Jimmy Graham. The value was too great to pass up.

After that all the value in RB dropped off the map so instead of chasing a 3rd or 4th tier RB I focused on WR until the RB relative value returned later in the draft.

4th - Vincent Jackson
5th - Jordy Nelson
6th - Eric Decker
7th - Tony Romo (don't laugh - he may put up 1 or 2 stinkers each year but he's a top-10 fantasy QB and EVERYONE sleeps on him in the draft - probably could've gotten him a round lower but I was afraid of someone snatching him up as their backup)
8th - Chris Ivory
9th - Lance Moore
10th - Michael Floyd ( could be a sleeper if Arizona's passing attack breaks out with Palmer)
11th - Martellus Bennett
13th - Green Bay
14th - Dan Bailey (just missed out on Forbath by two picks Evil or Very Mad Bailey had next highest FG% )

So my team is:

Thin on the RBs, but that seems to be the case in every league I've seen this year. Just be aware that the Jets just added Alex Green off waivers (and Bilal Powell is there as well).

Love the value at WR and Bennett is a good solid backup (and a low-end TE1). I assume Jordan Cameron is gone?

Just a thought at kicker: is Greg Zuerlein available? I assume Blair Walsh went. I'd be curious to see what the remaining defenses look like.

Who's your first cut? Moore? Bennett?
Jeezy Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we're posting teams.

12 team league keeper league, 2 QBs (the OP slot), 0.5 PPR, I had the 9th pick.

It's a strange format that really requires QBs early. I'm happy with my team overall, though I'd love to make a trade to gain a WR.

chauboy wrote:
Then there was 1 group of girls that were just standing against of wall, the group being hot, just texting. Just intimidating.
DCRED

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:

It's a strange format that really requires QBs early. I'm happy with my team overall, though I'd love to make a trade to gain a WR.

Interesting team. Surprised you didn't go with a younger backup QB in a keeper league like Manuel...

And those WR's are really light after Jordy, but Tremendous job with the RB's. I'm shocked you got Johnson, Ridley, Lacy, AND Bernard. There's probably a keeper in there somewhere for sure.
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:
DCRED wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:

Who did you draft, Thai?

My first pick was McCoy

4th - Vincent Jackson
5th - Jordy Nelson
6th - Eric Decker
8th - Chris Ivory
9th - Lance Moore
11th - Martellus Bennett
13th - Green Bay

So my team is:

Thin on the RBs, but that seems to be the case in every league I've seen this year. Just be aware that the Jets just added Alex Green off waivers (and Bilal Powell is there as well).

Love the value at WR and Bennett is a good solid backup (and a low-end TE1). I assume Jordan Cameron is gone?

Just a thought at kicker: is Greg Zuerlein available? I assume Blair Walsh went. I'd be curious to see what the remaining defenses look like.

Who's your first cut? Moore? Bennett?

Walsh was gone yeah. Zuerlein as well.

I'll have to flip a coin on Moore or Bennett. Whomever is doing better at the moment will get kept.

Jeezy Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:

Interesting team. Surprised you didn't go with a younger backup QB in a keeper league like Manuel...

And those WR's are really light after Jordy, but Tremendous job with the RB's. I'm shocked you got Johnson, Ridley, Lacy, AND Bernard. There's probably a keeper in there somewhere for sure.

Yeah, I went RB and QB heavy early on, and because of that got left in the cold a bit at WR and ended up with alot of "upside guys" but no top tier guys. I'm hoping my runningbacks do well and Alex Smith puts up some ok numbers in the Reid offense so I can swing a trade for a good receiver.

chauboy wrote:
Woz

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:

I'll have to flip a coin on Moore or Bennett. Whomever is doing better at the moment will get kept.

Another thought at kicker: Randy Bullock, from Houston.
DCRED

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Thaiphoon wrote:

Another thought at kicker: Randy Bullock, from Houston.

HaHA. My auto-draft picked up Bullock AND Phil Dawson. Brick wall Brick wall I cut Bullock but he definitely would be a good find if sitting on the wire.

Next year I might not even draft a K, preferring to grab a potential Weapon instead, as there always seems to be a decent K waiting in the wings before Week 1.

I'm having lots of trouble using the waiver wire this year though, missing on almost all FA's I go for so that might make me re-think
The Latest one I was denied was JULIUS THOMAS. I smell a fish Mknight Twisted Evil j/k....
Woz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rule #1 of auto-drafting: Put all kickers on the "Do Not Draft" list.

You can also do this with all but the top defenses.
DCRED

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Rule #1 of auto-drafting: Put all kickers on the "Do Not Draft" list.

You can also do this with all but the top defenses.

Will Do next year. Unfortunately, I had not planned on auto-drafting. I attended this draft but ESPN decided I could log-in and watch but not draft so they screwed me pretty good. They made Mknight drop and re-add me and somehow it magically worked after the draft Rolling Eyes

Great method though, Thanks...
DCRED

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:

Yeah, I went RB and QB heavy early on, and because of that got left in the cold a bit at WR and ended up with alot of "upside guys" but no top tier guys. I'm hoping my runningbacks do well and Alex Smith puts up some ok numbers in the Reid offense so I can swing a trade for a good receiver.

So far it looks like Alex Smith is going to put up his typical numbers. Hope that improves

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: