Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Harvin To Undergo Surgery
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NFL_Announcer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Harvin To Undergo Surgery Reply with quote

Best case scenario is probably 3-4 months.

Giving my best John Hammond impersonation: "DAMN!"

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/story/_/id/9522726/percy-harvin-seattle-seahawks-undergo-hip-surgery
NFL_Announcer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if you've never seen Jurassic Park, here is where I'm going:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrSz_ACx1Ao
radford_uso808

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and the chess match between the 49ers and Seahawks continues....... this time, no signing involved
Bigjoe0075

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Optimistically we should be able to get him back come late October early November.

Plus I read an article back when we signed him saying we have contract specific insurance if he isn't healthy. So maybe we save some money out of this as well. I mean Harvin was just a luxury this season. So we are still a tough team without him. I ain't even mad bro!
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn. Hopefully he's back midseason

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hopefully hell be our kapernick, the change of pace we need right before the playoffs to get us to the summerbowl

WINTER IS COMING
Sacks98

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reaction to this is kinda funny and i don't mean on this forum the bigger loss would be Rice we just don't have bigger proven WR behind Rice.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
The reaction to this is kinda funny and i don't mean on this forum the bigger loss would be Rice we just don't have bigger proven WR behind Rice.
Its funny people how people are reacting to one of the 10 best offensive weapons in the NFL missing significant time? I don't get it Laughing

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
Ring Worm Sherm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know we will be fine, but I was just so excited to see Percy in action and now I have to wait. I don't like waiting.

“Its pay back, Russell Wilson"
Sacks98

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
Its funny people how people are reacting to one of the 10 best offensive weapons in the NFL missing significant time? I don't get it Laughing

No like the season is over and we are going to suck.
Officer Ricky

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:

I don't think anyone is thinking that, it's just that I think many thought we were over the top with Harvin and now it's like we're still good, but not as much as we could've been. Still a superbowl contender.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Officer Ricky wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:

I don't think anyone is thinking that, it's just that I think many thought we were over the top with Harvin and now it's like we're still good, but not as much as we could've been. Still a superbowl contender.

Not on this forum but from listening to fans on the radio etc....
Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We coo'

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan
imani

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seahawks hope Percy Harvin returns by Thanksgiving

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000223963/article/seahawks-hope-percy-harvin-is-back-for-thanksgiving

Quote:
The panic in Seattle over Percy Harvin's hip surgery already has started to subside. The Seahawks still are Super Bowl contenders with plenty of weapons.

They also might have Harvin back in time for a playoff run. NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday that the Seahawks "hope" to have Harvin back in time for Thanksgiving, but they have a bye that week. That would put a spotlight on their Week 13 Monday Night Football tilt against the New Orleans Saints for Harvin's potential return.

If Harvin recovers quickly, perhaps he might be back for the Week 11 date against his former Minnesota Vikings teammates in Seattle.

It's worth noting here that initial reports indicated the Seahawks hoped Harvin wouldn't even need surgery, and that their doctors recommended rest and rehabilitation first. The fact that Harvin announced his surgery on Twitter and not through the team is another sign of disconnect between the organization and its prized offseason acquisition. Setting expectations for his return just sets up a chance to fall short of expectations.

Harvin very well might be back by Thanksgiving or before. But that's a long time from now, with a ton of variables that can change his timeline. Hip surgeries are not simple matters. Percy Harvin stories rarely are.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
imani

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard around the grapevine that the seahawks are hoping harvin can be practiced and ready to go by week 13 vs New Orleans. That would give us 5 games to implement him into this offense and get him in prime condition for the post season. That's longer than a training camp period.

Going into that game we need to be at least 7-4 (6-5 worse case) for a healthy shot at the playoffs. Our opponents to that point:

Quote:
@Panthers
49ers
Jaguars
@Texans
@Colts
Titans
@Cardinals
@Rams
Buccaneers
@Falcons
Vikings

Green are games we should win. Blue are Toss-ups. Reds will be our Toughest Outtings

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: