Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Is Cam putting the work in to take the next step?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Illustrated

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Is Cam putting the work in to take the next step? Reply with quote

Everyone knows Cam has the talent and ability to become one of the best players in NFL history, but there is just a very large IF. IF he puts in the time and dedication to refine his craft.

Going into his third season, is Cam taking steps to define himself as one of the QBs that go above and beyond to improve his skills?
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really have no idea. Nobody here does. That's something no fan sees. I hope he is though.

CK on the sig
Smitty89

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got off the phone with him, he is.

But no what JPep said, nobody here really knows but I'm almost certain he is. He is usually the first one in and the last one out of the facility according to reports and coaches.

Bottom line with Cam Newton is he needs to learn how to be a LEADER and not let bad plays or games get to him too much. He can't be "Mr.Mopeyhead" anymore or we won't even sniff the playoffs
boondock

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think when Cam decides to be a team leader, he'll be at the next level.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:

This
CarolinaKitten

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smitty89 wrote:
boondock wrote:

This

Yes...yes, very much.

It almost seems like he's been a Freshman and Sophomore in college. Junior year is when you really start working toward your future and Senior year you have to turn it on. At that point, if he's not ready to be the leader, maybe he never will be. That's how long I'll give him. Very Happy

Sig by Me
boondock

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarolinaKitten wrote:
Smitty89 wrote:
boondock wrote:

This

Yes...yes, very much.

It almost seems like he's been a Freshman and Sophomore in college. Junior year is when you really start working toward your future and Senior year you have to turn it on. At that point, if he's not ready to be the leader, maybe he never will be. That's how long I'll give him. Very Happy

To be honest though, I don't think Rivera has asked Cam to be a leader yet. He's wanted Cam to perfect the NFL QB craft before asking him to become a leader as many want him to be. I believe this is the year.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boondock wrote:
CarolinaKitten wrote:
Smitty89 wrote:
boondock wrote:

This

Yes...yes, very much.

To be honest though, I don't think Rivera has asked Cam to be a leader yet. He's wanted Cam to perfect the NFL QB craft before asking him to become a leader as many want him to be. I believe this is the year.

Kind of like a college career. I didn't have to finally decide on a major until Junior year. This year, Cam's major is going to be Leader Role! Very Happy Next year, he graduates to Super Bowl! And becomes a professional...or something like that.

Sig by Me
Smitty89

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe we are all going to see a Cam Newton were not used to seeing on the sidelines this year.

Cam Newton will solidify himself as the top "young gun" QB this season. And I am willing to bet he begins that week 1 in beating Russell Wilson's "Super Bowl" Seahawks.
SmittySmurf

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next few weeks will be crucial. If Cam can get named team captain, you will see him emerge as a leader, but he must earn it. I think he has it in him. Its almost like he's been afraid to step on toes.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
texanteddyp

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CarolinaKitten wrote:
boondock wrote:
CarolinaKitten wrote:
Smitty89 wrote:
boondock wrote:

This

Yes...yes, very much.

Kind of like a college career. I didn't have to finally decide on a major until Junior year. This year, Cam's major is going to be Leader Role! Very Happy Next year, he graduates to Super Bowl! And becomes a professional...or something like that.

Well, since we're talking college, look at it this way. While many top pick qbs have 2-4 yrs starting in a major college conference, cam only started ONE year. In his first two seasons he's put up.........

7920 pass yds 40tds/29int
1447 rush yds 22tds/5 lost fumbles

That's a total of 9367yds 62tds 34to (4683yds 31tds/17to a season).....Most ever passing yards AND total yards in a players first two full seasons, second most tds to dan marino's 68tds in first two seasons.

So you can kiiiiinda say 2013 is his rookie season. And 2011 and 2012 was his junior/senior year

He's fine.......y'all have a sick qb for years to come........he's going nowhere but up
Cypher

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, feel free to take this with a grain of salt, but understand my sources are credible. Supposedly, in practice, Cam is throwing receivers open and putting it on a rope with defenders all over him. In games, he doesn't trust his receivers, including Olsen and Smith, so instead of putting the ball out there before the receiver breaks, he waits until the receiver is visibly open, resulting in a lot of the errant throws, poor reads and bad timing. From what I understand, this has been a common problem since Cam was drafted. This comes from a guy who works out regularly with one of our position coaches, and often visits his personal training facility.

NS922 wrote:
All on LOLton for page stretching to Green Idk what happened my phone graduated to ROFLtron
PantherDE90

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
So, feel free to take this with a grain of salt, but understand my sources are credible. Supposedly, in practice, Cam is throwing receivers open and putting it on a rope with defenders all over him. In games, he doesn't trust his receivers, including Olsen and Smith, so instead of putting the ball out there before the receiver breaks, he waits until the receiver is visibly open, resulting in a lot of the errant throws, poor reads and bad timing. From what I understand, this has been a common problem since Cam was drafted. This comes from a guy who works out regularly with one of our position coaches, and often visits his personal training facility.

Trusting your receivers is one of the most essential parts of being a successful QB.

"There are many things given to us in this life for the wrong reasons. What we do with such blessings, that is the true test of a man." - Gannicus
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:

When your number two is Brandon Lafell I don't blame you. But surely he trusts Steve Smith?
boondock

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:

I could see it. Brandon Lafell is probably a 3rd WR on most other teams. WR is going to be a huge problem for us next year unless we get some type of explosion from one of the current WRs this year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: