You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tim Flanders, RB, Sam Houston State

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arsene Wenger

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Tim Flanders, RB, Sam Houston State Reply with quote

I like what I've seen from this guy. Reminds me a lot of LeSean McCoy and Brian Westbrook with his quick feet and cuts. Is anyone familiar with him? How high do you think he can go in the 2014 draft?
norcalgsr

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UDFA

If you're dipping into the sub-FBS level, I'd take a look at Franklin Quiteh, Bloomsburg, Div-II.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrIOwPu7Tt4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPt6gXBXH8E

Another FCS RB, I like is Shakir Bell, Indiana State.

Guy is about 190 and squats 500+.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB3WkiTyZEU
Eagles#1

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now I have him rated 16th on my HB board

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry. As a GM, I can't take a player named Flanders. Laughing

[2015 Adopt-A-Patriot]:#17 - Aaron Dobson
Rec:13 Yards:141 TDs:0

Smack Ink
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Sam Houston State senior running back Timothy Flanders has accepted an invite to play in the East-West Shrine Game, the longest running college all-star game in the country. The game is set for Jan. 18, 2014 at 3 p.m. and will be broadcast on NFL Network.

The two-time Southland Player of the Year, Flanders led the Bearkats to back-to-back league titles and FCS championship game appearances. He is the all-time leading rusher in Sam Houston and Southland history with 5,664 yards.

His rushing yardage total ranks No. 6 in FCS history, while his 66 rushing TDs is third all-time in the FCS. He ranks sixth in all-time FCS scoring, with 420 points.

Flanders was a three-time finalist for the Walter Payton Award. The Midwest City, Okla., product holds 33 Sam Houston records and nine Southland records.

He is the only player in school history to be named first-team all-conference four times. Hes also the only player to ever lead the Southland in rushing four straight years.

Dustin Long is the only other Bearkat to have played in the East-West Shrine Game. Long, who led the Kats to a league title and FCS semifinals appearance in 2004, threw a 52-yard touchdown pass in the 2005 game. He was the leading passer for the West team, going 10-of-23 for 129 yards and a TD.

Flanders will be the ninth former Sam Houston State football player to appear in a college all-star game. Last season wide receiver Trey Diller played in the NFLPA All-Star Game and cornerback Dax Swanson played in the Texas vs. the Nation Game.

http://www.kbtx.com/sports/headlines/Flanders-to-play-in-East-West-Shrine-Game-235273291.html

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want nothing to do with anyone in the Flanders family

I hate the Jaguars
willy_law

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan25 wrote:
Sorry. As a GM, I can't take a player named Flanders. Laughing

keepnitgangsta1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit underrated. I was intrigued by this guy when scouting Sam Houston State CB Dax Swanson last year.

Dude has good feet, he just lacks that explosiveness that you'd want through the hole. His straight line speed is actually pretty good when built up though so it's not like he's a bad athlete. He has a nice feel for the game and could be a solid pickup for a team looking for some depth.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found tape of Flanders expecting to be impressed but I actually came away disappointed. As KIG said, dude has quick, light feet but he really has no burst to write home about, 2nd gear to break away, or power to break many tackles. He's got a nice compact build and decent hands/skills as a receiver so I could see him getting some run as a 3rd down back at some point but he's not enough of a threat to play much at the next level IMO.
AnthonyE

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jshowers wrote:
I found tape of Flanders expecting to be impressed but I actually came away disappointed. As KIG said, dude has quick, light feet but he really has no burst to write home about, 2nd gear to break away, or power to break many tackles. He's got a nice compact build and decent hands/skills as a receiver so I could see him getting some run as a 3rd down back at some point but he's not enough of a threat to play much at the next level IMO.

Sorry you feel this way. If any of the film you saw was from this season, any time after week 5, you missed out. He battled a foot injury from week 6 through the rest of the regular season. A player of Timothy's caliber doesn't come around SHSU too often. I won't disagree with your points however, he definitely is a jack of all trades but a master of none. But he wasn't one of the best RBs in the FCS for the last 3 years for nothing.

If you want to know more about Timothy Flanders, look no further than the 2011 and 2012 semifinals games in which Flanders took off for 287 and 230+ yards respectively. He owns 32 school records, and is 3rd all-time in FCS TDs and and 6th in yards. Also, is a 3 time Payton award finalist and 3 time All-American.

Also played in the East West Shrine Game this past Saturday, but spent most of his time as a FB. He did break off a nice 15 yard run though and plenty of publications had him as the stand-out RB during the practices last week.
SBNation:
Quote:
While practices for the East-West Shrine Game have been ongoing this week, there has been very limited buzz about Malena. Instead, Sam Houston State's Tim Flanders has been the West running back gaining the most attention.

Quote:
"While Bauman stole the show early in the week, it was Tim Flanders (RB Sam Houston State) who was impressive as the week drew to a close. Working at both running back and fullback, Flanders showed talent as a receiver out of the backfield and good long-strider speed. Scouting talk gets weird at times, but never weirder when 10 guys along the sideline are complementing a running back's backside. (It's where the power comes from and all that...)"

He may have average speed, but he more than makes up for it in vision and overall feel for the game. There have been times where I watch him zig-zag through the hordes of defensive players to break off a huge run. He doesn't have breakaway speed but players rarely caught him from behind. Overall, very solid back who I think'll probably go undrafted but might go as early as the 6th round. He will be on a squad come training camp.

If anyone wants to know any more about him, feel free to ask. I know I'm going to be coming off really biased , but seeing how I've probably seen more tape on the kid than anyone here my endorsement has to count for something, right?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Flanders. I think he has a compact build, good balance, fairly quick feet, enough wiggle and power and he shows good vision and patience. Also recognizes and hits cutback lanes. Has enough leg drive to push the pile.

Not an elite HB by any means but I think he's worth a late round pick. One of those guys who will stick as a solid #2 HB imo. Maybe more in the right system.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: