Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles practice GIFs - Update 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 39856
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update 2:

Felix Jones and Kendricks in coverage against Felix Jones:



LeSean McCoy and Jason Avant one handed catches:



*Good job by Avant, he must be a professional.
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute


Last edited by Billy Spikes on Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 48374
Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think Avant could be a dude who does a lot of more of the dirty work offensively than we've seen.
_________________

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Broadway Joe


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 7578
Location: Point Place, Wisconsin
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
I really think Avant could be a dude who does a lot of more of the dirty work offensively than we've seen.


If only he could get separation on a consistent basis...
_________________

Thanks to Braylon4MVP for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 48374
Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broadway Joe wrote:
Phire wrote:
I really think Avant could be a dude who does a lot of more of the dirty work offensively than we've seen.


If only he could get separation on a consistent basis...

Yes sir.
_________________

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RollEagles


Joined: 10 Jan 2012
Posts: 6867
Location: Basel, Switzerland
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Chip's philosophy is that if you don't block as a WR then they won't throw the ball to you.

At leas that was his philosophy with WRs while he was at Oregon.

With a more balanced attack I think Avant could be a great asset especially as a run blocker or blocker in the bubble screen game on the outside.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eagles_808


Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 27814
Location: California
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
I really think Avant could be a dude who does a lot of more of the dirty work offensively than we've seen.
If we end up going to a shorter passing game (West Coast philosophies via Pat Shurmur), Avant could see a bunch of targets. He's had at least 76 targets in each of the last 3 seasons, and at least 31 First Downs in each of those 3 years (basically 2 per game). Link to stats
_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Withmy89vision


Joined: 07 Aug 2007
Posts: 3597
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollEagles wrote:
I think Chip's philosophy is that if you don't block as a WR then they won't throw the ball to you.

At leas that was his philosophy with WRs while he was at Oregon.

With a more balanced attack I think Avant could be a great asset especially as a run blocker or blocker in the bubble screen game on the outside.



Avant also doesn't get enough credit for setting up other WR's plays. He will chip a guy before going into his route, or sometimes he will run his route to tangle up two defenders resulting in the other WR being wide open. This grants the other WR huge stats while Avant does the dirty work.


You can argue any WR should be able to do this and Avant just isn't athletically gifted, but the truth of the matter is very few WRs are willing to do this kind of stuff. And even fewer star WRs.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZ_Eaglesfan


Joined: 03 Jan 2013
Posts: 5576
Location: Arizona
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Withmy89vision wrote:
RollEagles wrote:
I think Chip's philosophy is that if you don't block as a WR then they won't throw the ball to you.

At leas that was his philosophy with WRs while he was at Oregon.

With a more balanced attack I think Avant could be a great asset especially as a run blocker or blocker in the bubble screen game on the outside.



Avant also doesn't get enough credit for setting up other WR's plays. He will chip a guy before going into his route, or sometimes he will run his route to tangle up two defenders resulting in the other WR being wide open. This grants the other WR huge stats while Avant does the dirty work.


You can argue any WR should be able to do this and Avant just isn't athletically gifted, but the truth of the matter is very few WRs are willing to do this kind of stuff. And even fewer star WRs.


Well Avant is far from a star... so the player fits the role.

Avant is a player that is good to have on your roster. He can help you on third down, and he knows what his job is on the team. Also, players like Russell Shepard have been talking about how Avant has been a great mentor to them, so he has values that go beyond the field as well.

He will be on the 53 man roster. The Eagles NEED him on the 53 man roster.
_________________


disaacs wrote:
The Eagles are going to implode. Book it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 39856
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update 3:

Celek, #Momah and Brown catches:



Chip Kelly in action:


_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute


Last edited by Billy Spikes on Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:35 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dr. Philly


Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 42940
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really need to use preseaon to judge these guys.
_________________


simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies


#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rememberthevet


Joined: 29 Aug 2009
Posts: 1579
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG seeing momah in uniform got me so excited, can't wait til 8/11 Smile
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 39856
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update 4:

#Momah:








_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute


Last edited by Billy Spikes on Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 34717
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you have to #BillySpikes all of your gifs Laughing
_________________

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kempes


Joined: 12 Sep 2009
Posts: 11731
Location: England
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're the man Billy.... a truly great creation of life that makes it all a little easier for the rest of us.

*bows*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McNabbMcFadden


Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Posts: 34339
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kempes wrote:
You're the man Billy.... a truly great creation of life that makes it all a little easier for the rest of us.

*bows*


AKA "Teach me your ways Sensei"
_________________
"Break the rules, but first break the rulers."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group