Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

QB Donovan McNabb retires on Monday; Eagles retire number 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vindicatedxx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is the reason I became an Eagles fan in 2001. Seeing him run around and do amazing things MOST QB's didn't do (then Mike Vick came in the league). But it was Mcnabb before him and perhaps Randall Cunningham before him. I think being very mobile as a QB has really opened up the door on QB's now. Mcnabb was part of showing what mobile guys can do......proud to see him retire a true HOF.
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DudeWhat?? wrote:
Kiltman wrote:

In case you are like me and wondered which teams McNabb never beat.....Patriots, Colts, Jaguars, Titans, San Diego, and Eagles

Haha...James Thrash...jesus Christ what a joke..look at this sad roster..no of them went anywhere else and did anything either..i remember fred ex getting cut from an arena league team after chiefs cut him lol....

I just will never understand why you philly fans never blamed the front office...I mean they built that team to loose..mcnabb was in their way..and the fans helped..by always blaming him...

WR's that should have or could been drafted for Mcnabb..so many chances..

Plaxico Burress
Brandon Stokley
Donald Driver
Reggie Wayne
Steve Smith
Justin McCareins
Jabar Gaffney
Antwaan Randle El
Deion Branch
David Givens
Kevin Walter
Roddy White
Vincent Jackson
Chris Henry
Santonio Holmes
Greg Jennings
Brandon Marshall
Delanie Walker
Sidney Rice
Dwayne Bowe
Anthony Gonzalez
Jacoby Jones
Laurent Robinson
James Jones
Mike Walker
Pierre Garcon

and that's not even considering being aggressive and trading to amp up that O....that's just guys that could have fallen in your lap for the most part. Guys like anquan boldin and Brandon Lloyd could have been wearing wings with a trade in the mid rounds...I mean..they simply weren't trying. We are not going to even get into the running backs..tony hunt? lol...or the fact that reid is an amazing qb coach but wanting no parts of a running game....and so I never understood why you guys hated mcnabb so much that you would not even turn around and ask your front office to stop stabbing you in the back. Your scouting was horrible too..everybody misses on draft picks..but geez...

anyway..here's to the most hated qb in nfl history...mcnabb you did it all with a smile on your face...I apologize for what you had to go through.

Laughing Really, Tony Hunt is your go to name? Remember Deuce Staley? How about Correll Buckhalter, Brian Westbrook, and LeSean McCoy? Just because we didn't have a coach commit to the running game didn't mean we didn't have great backs.
nlesthought

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but its sad that a RB has the most TD catches for your franchise TD record passer. Just imagine if you will a TO 2nd season or another dynamic WR having more than 1-2 season with McNabb during his prime (yet in the league)

I wonder where Roger Craig ranks in TD catches with Rice, Taylor, Brent Jones on the roster or where the many RBs of a Brett Favre.

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
RollEagles

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What makes me happy and sad at the same time is realizing that my best memories of the Eagles are these:

1) Winning the NFC Championship Game after 3 years of conference championship losses
2) Miracle at the Meadowlands Number 2
3) 4th and 26 against the Packers
4) Destroying the Cowboys in the win and you're in playoff game
5) Beating the Giants in the wild card playoff game with Jeff Garcia

I really want a Superbowl. Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little surprised that I'm coming to this following realization, but thanks to the ending of his Eagle career being on a bad note, McNabb almost seems a little underrated in terms of career impact in midnight green.
DudeWhat??

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Really, Tony Hunt is your go to name? Remember Deuce Staley? How about Correll Buckhalter, Brian Westbrook, and LeSean McCoy? Just because we didn't have a coach commit to the running game didn't mean we didn't have great backs

No, i'm saying instead of picking him..they should have gotten a WR..i believe there was one or two great WR's picked after him. I'm not saying you guys were bad at picking them..put this is my point..why do you even care about what RB's were picked? you should have been outraged at the fact that they were not used....I mean..that proves my point..you pick them..and don't use them..(unless they are catching passes for the most part)

Do I remember Deuce Staley...? Are you kidding me?!?! Dude!...Wha??? I'm a steelers fan! Ofcourse I remember him....come in and rushed for almost a 1000 or 900 yards..he was great...injuries took over soon..though. I think we went 15-1 that season if im not mistaken..thanks Deuce

Last edited by DudeWhat?? on Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
DudeWhat??

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I love McNabb as much as the next guy, but as a Steeler's fan, you don't know what it is like to get so close to winning it all and never achieving it. McNabb catches the most criticism because he played in Philly and because he broke our hearts in the Super Bowl.

YEs is do..remember the 90's? we went to the super bowl once and lost to the cowboys...we had not found our qb yet..but I tell you one thing..whoever was our qb ...be it Neil O'Donnell or kordell..they got some support..a heavy run game, some decent to great WR's ....ijs...Mcnabb did not break your hearts..your front office did..hell they are still doing it...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SiLo wrote:
RollEagles wrote:
Hey hey hey Mewtwo. McNabb had some great years with this team.

Silo, is your impression of McNabb ruined by the late years where he was substantially reducing the worm population of Philadelphia?

Dr. Philly wrote:

Pure negativity right here.

Broadway Joe wrote:

How old are you? It seems you only watched McNabb from 2007 onwards

I never liked McNabb, ever. He was a necessary evil because it's all we had. We had had awesome teams and he would always blow it at the end. A genuine choke artist that was overlooked because of all the regular season stats.

When the defense got him to the superbowl...

Had no heart, was always crying, always had his head down. Without his safety blanket(westbrook) he was terrible.

Your are sipping unparalleled amounts of hatorade right now. Are you even an Eagles fan? Do you eve know what your talking about? I don't think you do. He is by and large the BEST QB we've ever had and he ruled that terrain for a long time. If he was here today we wouldn't be where we are now. Picking top 5 from the draft, leading the league in areas like offensive turnovers, 3rd down inefficiency, and stalled drives. It's pathetic how far we've fallen. And you literally are criticizing the one of the integral people who made this team relevant for years? Please just go home, your drunk.
SiLo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow you nerds come out the woodwork and question my fanhood...

Bird Watch: Brandon Boykin
27 TACKLES 0 SACK 1 FF 2 INT
Broadway Joe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SiLo wrote:

And rightfully so.

Thanks to Braylon4MVP for the sig!
SiLo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broadway Joe wrote:
SiLo wrote:

And rightfully so.

Broadway Joe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then why comment about it.

SiLo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broadway Joe wrote:

Because I find it hilarious.

Broadway Joe

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SiLo wrote:
Broadway Joe wrote:

It's hilarious that you don't like the main player who made the franchise relevant again and without him chances are you wouldn't come to like the Eagles unless you have some Philadelphia ties.

SiLo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broadway Joe wrote:
SiLo wrote:
Broadway Joe wrote:

It's hilarious that you don't like the main player who made the franchise relevant again and without him chances are you wouldn't come to like the Eagles unless you have some Philadelphia ties.

I feel in love with the eagles from playing with them with Randall on NFL Quarterback Club '95 . I don't need you to believe anything, this is the internet, your opinion is irrelevant to me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: