Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 FF LIVE from Eagles TC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These cheerleaders were pretty timid about asking for a pic with me, but they just couldnt resist.

Bird Watch: Mychal Kendricks
Tackles: 53 Sacks: 3 FF: 2 Interceptions: 0
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Not bad

Thanks for the coverage guys.
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avant always stands out every TC practice I go to. Dude puts in work.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
SiLo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:

It's why he always has a place on this team. Hopefully chip notices how he disappears during a game.

Bird Watch: Brandon Boykin
27 TACKLES 0 SACK 1 FF 2 INT
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SiLo wrote:
Phire wrote:

It's why he always has a place on this team. Hopefully chip notices how he disappears during a game.

Shocked Laughing

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"
birdman0069

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SiLo wrote:
Phire wrote:

259 catches with an average of 12.4 per reception. You should disappear.

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
nlesthought

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammer they probably saw them shoes and was like nahhhh.

But thanks for the coverage guys

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig
eaglesfan10

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:
SiLo wrote:
Phire wrote:

YEAH BUT HOW MANY TOUCHDOWNS

#POWERELITE #ARMLENGTH #NOYAC
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fred-Ex would like you all to know that a fresh batch of JELLY is ready for consumption:

Freddie Mitchell
Quote:
Do not for one minute think that crowd at camp today where REAL EAGLES FANS. I'm waiting until the KC game to see how they react to Mcnab. That crowd today was the wine and cheese crowd lol very controlled.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:
JayAp07

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:
SiLo wrote:
Phire wrote:

50+ catches 3 seasons in a row now. Looking like this year will be 4.

BUT... since he's not a superstar... he stinks.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
Hammer they probably saw them shoes and was like nahhhh.

But thanks for the coverage guys

Don't talk ish on my Air Max 1s brah . Wasn't gonna wear some classy shoes there, thunderstorm warnings all day.

Bird Watch: Mychal Kendricks
Tackles: 53 Sacks: 3 FF: 2 Interceptions: 0
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got home and actually at my computer, here are some of my notes based on the positions

QB
-Vick held the ball too long even with no live rush on 7 on 7s. Waiting for things to open up is going to kill him. Also on one play on 7 on 7s threw a low pass that was nearly picked by Kendricks.

-Foles gets rid of the football a lot quicker, and his mechanics are much better than Vick's that said his deep ball needs work still. He can still be a good starter in a west coast run heavy offense. He looks better with zip on outbreaking deep routes however.

-Barkley had a solid day, made a bunch of routine throws but also threw a beauty of a sideline pass to someone (Greg Salas?) who made a nice catch. Beatiful throw though. He's also got a great comand of the offense.

-Dennis Dixon made the throw of the day, uncorking a bomb dropping it into Jackson's hands and the ball got there quick. Huge arm strength and accuracy on that throw. He also had a nice run when he got run with the 3rd team on 7 on 7s.

-G.J. Kinnie was awesome he's winning this job...just kidding he was turrible. In one drill where the object was to throw off your back foot with a rusher to the back (Shady) he was airborne when he threw the ball and overthrew McCoy, pretty funny actually.

To me neither Foles or Vick we're great but terrible either. Foles had the upper hand though getting the ball out. He's also had the better offseason statistically.

RB

-We're going to see a lot of Shady at WR with Bryce Brown in the backfield if today was any indication. Makes sense, get your best players on the field. It also gives you reverse options and screens, which we know Kelly loves.

-Chris Polk broke one in full team drills. Really solid blocking up front, but Polk read his blocks well to make the play and ran to the creases without being touched.

-The back breakdown looked like Shady-Brown-Polk-Jones, but Polk and Jones split 3rd team reps. We've got a lot of talent at RB like we've had for a while, this time we have a coach who will run the ball.

WR

-DeSean Jackson burned everyone in sight. He also caught everything he could. He was making plays today, and although he wasn't in the backfield he did get time in the slot in 7 on 7s and full team stuff, although most his receptions came from the outside at the flanker spot.

-Avant made some nice catches and got open quickly with a lot of quick slants over the middle, that said most were in 7 on 7s and would have ended in full team drills

-Ifenyi Momah made a nice job adjusting to one pass to catch it low diving for it and catching it clean. He also is learing how to use his body to sheild defenders on slants, doing it once on 7 on 7s, he ran mostly with the 2s, and didn't really do much outside of the slant and comeback diving catch. He's really tall and almost came down with a duck of a deep ball before it being broken up by the safety over the top. He's also really really tall. He stood next to Damaris Johnson at one point and it made my day.

-Riley Cooper is probably the #3 if we actually go 3 wide, but we may at times only go one actual wideout, with Shady, Ertz, and Casey lining up at receiver spots.

Jackson was the star of the day, he's a very very fast human being.

TE

-Ertz is quick and is a good route runner. He's got some Todd Heap to him. Made some really nice plays and ran out of the slot a lot. He also dropped some passes so he needs to get more consistent, but the talent is there, as is the route running.

-James Casey is versatile, he lined up out wide, in the slot, in the backfield, and in line on a few running plays. Wouldn't shock me if he's one of the outside guys to replace Maclin on occasion.

-Brent Celek dropped a beauty of a pass by Vick that hit him right in the hands. He was in line a lot too, but that really stood out, he's got to catch that one.

Overall the tight ends like the backs may all be on the field at the same time depending on the occasion. We could see Casey out wide with Celek in line and Ertz in the slot.

Offensive Line

-Peters looked good and healthy, got back in his sets quickly and showed aggression when moving forward and run blocking.

-Mathis was rock solid as always.

-Kelce is still the most athletic center in the league. He gets to the 2nd level quickly on run plays and holds his own when pass blocking. He also has a magnificent facial hair.

-Herremans looks better at guard than RT. Big Todd is much more comfortable inside.

-Lane Johnson split first and second team reps with Kelly at RT. I like what I see from Lane and the potential of this OL is special.

The OL will be much better than it was last season. Kelly also getting RT reps last year will help him, and he looks more athletic. We have depth too which sounds weird considering what happened last season.

The defense I'll break down by units

DL

DL, the DL was typically 4 men down in full team, but sometimes the weakside end would drop, other times he would rush. Looks a lot like Seattle's defense although we did have 3 man fronts as well. When the weakside end dropped Cole looked like he needs some work there, while Chris McCoy showed the athleticism to do it.

LB
Mychal Kendricks could be a stud in this system, he can run, cover, and blitz. He's my birdwatch player and I think he could be poised for a breakout season. DeMeco Ryans looked steady as he did most of last season. Barwin is a really good athlete, he can rush, but he also looks solid in coverage. Brandon Graham is struggling with coverage as his backup and I'm wondering at what point do they try him on the weakside where he'll rush more than drop. Jason Phillips is going to make the team on ST, but he's got limited range in coverage.

DB
Pat Chung has really really bad hands. Nate Allen wasn't beat like the red headed stepchild he was behind the wide 9 last year. Bradley Fletcher has more stones than any corner on the roster last year and is physical as hell at the line. Curtis Marsh was the corner across from Fletcher in place of Cary Williams and was okay. Boykin was the primary slot guy with Poyer behind him. Lindley was brutal today, like GJ Kinnie airbourne pass bad.

Special Teams K and LS are givens. Donnie Jones will be the punter and there is no doubt in my mind after today. Jackson, Johnson, and Poyer all took reps returning Punts.

Side notes
-Those fly swatter things are hillarious looking. They could be utilized better IMO. They had the guys walking at the QBs while wearing them on 7 on 7s. To me, mixing it up would keep the QBs on their toes, have both run at the QB, or one run and one walk, or have both walk. To help simulate free rushers.

-I felt really bad that after they introduced Brian Dawkins for alumni day they introduced a no name from the past, much less anyone at all. Dawkins probably should have been last, although Westy got a huge ovation as well. Mixed reaction to McNabb, while AJ Feeley barely got a golf clap.

-Reno Mahe aka our team pet was there, and when running out of the tunnel was outran by a 6 year old and while I'm clearly joking, its still believable.

-Apparently Miami Heat HC Erik Spolestra was on the sidelines, had no idea until I jumped on twitter while I was there, didn't spot him though.

-Food and Beer are wayyyy overpriced $4 bucks for a waterbottle that would cost me $1 at Wawa. $9 bucks for a beer. $20 bucks for a cold cheesesteak and bad fries. If you're going to a game, tailgate hard and use the game to sober up for the drive home.
Phire

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Numbers, I don't know where you sat but the people in my section were absolutely trashing the kids fielding punts pre-practice, freaking hilarious.

Agree on the prices, they made so much more money today than they could ever dream of at Lehigh, even with free admission.

Aside from a few throws, the QBs didn't really look good at all today. Must not be adjusted to throwing in pads or something... I don't know, but lots of bad throws.

theuntouchable wrote:

RainbowCarebear wrote:
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Numbers, I don't know where you sat but the people in my section were absolutely trashing the kids fielding punts pre-practice, freaking hilarious.

Agree on the prices, they made so much more money today than they could ever dream of at Lehigh, even with free admission.

Aside from a few throws, the QBs didn't really look good at all today. Must not be adjusted to throwing in pads or something... I don't know, but lots of bad throws.

I was in 136, a few rows back from Geoff Moesher actually. Those kids couldn't catch a cold, really funny. They had the first 10 or so rows marked off for the media in my section, but I only saw Mosher, McLane and one other dude there, and they were all in the first row. Kind of a waste.

Yeah, I didn't buy anything but a friend paid 20 bucks for a cold cheesesteak and fries. Too damn much for me.

Yeah nobody stood out at QB. A lot of completions on short safe throws, some of which were by design, but Foles' ability to get the ball out quickly was what stood out to me, as did Barkley's grasp on the O (He actually got players lined up correctly twice by my count as a 4th round rookie). That said the throws of the day were Sparkles and Dixon. That Dixon throw was a missle. Some drops, but some plays where the wideouts bailed out the QBs as well. I still think Foles wins this job however. As I said, getting the ball out quicker will be key in this offense, and Vick at least twice in 7 on 7s held the ball for 6+ seconds and in live games with a live rush he's getting murdered. Foles will get the ball out typically at the end of his drop or quickly go through his progressions and can anticipate. Vick lacks those things. That said Vick is clearly the better deep ball throwers.

Kinnie's jump pass was hillarious though, the section I was in was laughing at it for like 5 min.
eaglesfan10

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we can somehow trade Vick and keep Foles, Dixon, and Barkley.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: