You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dennis Pitta out for the year with a dislocated hip
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The.underdog wrote:
Honestly this injury sounds like what happened to Bo Jackson. Possibly career ended for pitta? Wish him the best

what happened to bo was so freakish though, hardly seems likely to happen again

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
The.underdog wrote:
Honestly this injury sounds like what happened to Bo Jackson. Possibly career ended for pitta? Wish him the best

what happened to bo was so freakish though, hardly seems likely to happen again

the problem with Bo's injury is that it wasn't picked up, what happened is that artery to the head of the hip was torn, because it was found the head of his hip died and had to be replaced.

This injury is different in that it was picked up, however it is very had to dislocate your hip, it is wrapped in their extremely tightly by ligaments and tendons, so when you do it as a young person it is always severe and always takes a long time to recover and he might not ever fully recover and he might not ever recover to the point of ever playing again.
NS922

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mean to be rude, but if Dennis Pitta getting injured is a serious problem to them, they had some problems already.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huge Blow to Ravens and Flacco.

Kiltman on the sig
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NS922 wrote:
I don't mean to be rude, but if Dennis Pitta getting injured is a serious problem to them, they had some problems already.

What, he didn't get enough fantasy points? Clearly you didn't spend much time watching the Ravens last season. Or the season before that.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
NS922 wrote:

What, he didn't get enough fantasy points? Clearly you didn't spend much time watching the Ravens last season. Or the season before that.

Did I say anything about last season or the year before? I'm just saying that this off-season has been quite hectic for the Ravens and this isn't the first of their issues.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NS922 wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:
NS922 wrote:

Did I say anything about last season or the year before? I'm just saying that this off-season has been quite hectic for the Ravens and this isn't the first of their issues.

It seems to me that you were saying in your original post that Dennis Pitta's injury shouldn't be a big deal, or you're somehow downplaying Pitta's role in this offense, which is a huge one.

Make no doubt about it, Pitta's lose is huge to this team, even if Anquan was still on the roster and the WR core wasn't in shambles. But now that Q is gone it just maginifies the injury by about 10.
TomRalph

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravens' Receivers issues are as bad, if not worse, than the Pats situation right now.

I'd feel sorry for you guys if I wasn't so bitter about our 2 losses last year Laughing Laughing
NS922

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
NS922 wrote:
Mancunian Raven wrote:
NS922 wrote:

It seems to me that you were saying in your original post that Dennis Pitta's injury shouldn't be a big deal, or you're somehow downplaying Pitta's role in this offense, which is a huge one.

Make no doubt about it, Pitta's lose is huge to this team, even if Anquan was still on the roster and the WR core wasn't in shambles. But now that Q is gone it just maginifies the injury by about 10.

I do understand that he is a focal point, but it would have been less of a big deal if you guys had a better group of receivers. Like you said, Pitta's injury is now magnified because of the previous issues. That's all I was saying.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomRalph wrote:
Ravens' Receivers issues are as bad, if not worse, than the Pats situation right now.

If Gronk gets back healthy then probably. Without him, or with him hurt, no way. We still have one of the best deep threats in the game and one of the best RBs catching it out of the backfield. Without Gronk I might take Cleveland's target over New England's.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
TomRalph wrote:

If Gronk gets back healthy then probably. Without him, or with him hurt, no way. We still have one of the best deep threats in the game and one of the best RBs catching it out of the backfield. Without Gronk I might take Cleveland's target over New England's.

I read somewhere that, with Gronk and Edelman currently on PUP, Brady has lost his top seven receiving targets from last year.

Now, I know Brady is a crazy wizard, and Belicheck is an evil genius, but that is a far bigger issue than the Ravens losing Boldin and Pitta. It just is.

NS922 wrote:
I do understand that he is a focal point, but it would have been less of a big deal if you guys had a better group of receivers. Like you said, Pitta's injury is now magnified because of the previous issues. That's all I was saying.

Fair enough. I agree that the Ravens have a lack of proven commodities at receiver right now. I think he will be a big miss, but I don't think it will be as bad as people are saying.

Pitta was important, especially on 3rd downs, but I don't think the offense will fall apart without him. They'll just have to get more contributions from more guys.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Biggsam49 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Biggsam49 wrote:

And the best is watching how they talk about Ed and Ray now that they arent on their team. All season last year it was about how amazing they were. The greatest minds and leaders to every play the sport. Ed was still an elite ball hawk. Ray's leadership was completely irreplaceable, miles in front of any other player. And now? Ray was below average in all areas. Ed is as durable as Bob Sanders.

The Ravens' D wasn't good last year. Ed Reed can still make plays here and there but he's far from what he used to be. Lewis had been on a steady decline for a few years now. And I'm not a Raven fan either.

I don't disagree with anything you've said.

Just amused by the treatment of the guys. For years we've heard about how Ray Lewis & Ed Reed's impact extended well beyond their play, and how important their leadership / voice were to the team. Now, nobody even acknowledges that loss.

Actually, most Ravens fans here were very honest last year during the season that Reed wasn't playing all that well. And in the playoffs, most of them said that Lewis was a bit of a liability except for his leadership and ability as a play-caller.

They were quite reasonable. I don't remember any of them talking about Reed and Lewis as if they are elite.

+1

Glad someone not within our fan base said it first.

I'm biased but I think we were and are fair involving the losses of Lewis and Reed. Both will be big losses in the leadership department. However we've brought in motivated veterans (Canty, Spears, Smith.) as well as defensive leaders like Dumervil and Huff. So we've lost two great leaders and replaced them with a bunch of savvy smart vets. It won't be the same, but just as Lewis passed on the principles of willy vets like Rod Woodson and Shannon Sharpe before him, so does the next generation of Ravens defenders carry the pride of Ravens defense and that level of accountability. But in terms of physical talent there's no question that Brown is a better athlete than old Ray and that Daryl Smith is a more well rounded option at this point.

In terms of Pitta, I'm worried in that Flacco lost his favorite option. I was expecting Pitta to be a trusted 3rd down option. I think that's where we'll most miss Pitta. We'll have to hope that David Reed turns it on this season .. finally. Tandon Doss was already going to see more opportunities to replace Boldin's role. But now with Pitta down, he'll probably be featured within the offense as that 3rd down chain mover running the intermediate and short routes.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure Pitta came in the NFL with Gronk and the NO and KC tight ends. They all made immediate impact.

I am Pats fan and when I saw the Gronk I was a happy camper, we had a star. Make this short. I saw Pitta and I was like damn, they got a star as well.

Damn BB disciple Ozzy. He did it again !!!!

All said, terrible loss.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
Visanthe Shiancoe picked an awfully good time to stop by.

He'd be a very good pickup for you guys.

At the same time, I hope he doesn't sign. I don't support the Ravens at all Razz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your move, Ozzie. I don't think the Ravens can win with the weapons they have at the moment. A guy like Nate Washington makes a ton of sense. Can't see them relying on Tommy Streeter.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: