Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

WR Jeremy Maclin officially tore ACL; Out for year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnnygunnz wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Kiltman wrote:
Supposedly Damaris has looked impressive, heard good things about Momah and Shepard....but yea it'll be even more interesting who sticks at wideout now

But Damaris and DeSean as starters

One step closer to drafting Clowney next year?

Haha no.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eaglesfan10 wrote:
Jroc04 wrote:
Gotta love that the Mods get to name call. I imagine we are a little more respectable, as a forum, to not be called a clown or jerk or POS because of varying opinions.

I think he was hittin the saucee last night Laughing

I was , my apologies for the use of POS. However it (or similar phrase) does apply to anyone who is attempting to draw attention to himself to prove a agenda they might of had toward Maclin for the past few years. Look at me, I was right, see I told you , Me,Me,Me type BS. For those type people whom ever it applies to that use a fluke ACL tear to prove how weak or soft Jeremy Maclin is as a WR are a joke. Especially when this injury has nothing to do with it. Maclins missed 5 gms as a Eagle and like it or not was our most productive WR in the redzone and in receptions. Why losing him in anyway is a positive other then for someone to have the ability to say "See I told you" I'll never understand. Once again POS was a poor choice of words, "as a Mod" you are correct. That's why at times I envy you all. Cool

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 16 Rec/ 296 Yds/ 3 TD/ 18.5 YPC/

Last edited by Nabbs4u on Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but you gotta be clowning if you associate mental softness to a ligament tear. Who disagrees with that?

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
RollEagles

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
This has PowerElite written all over it

You should have seen my face when I read this thread title...
It still feels like Christmas morning as a child even while I type this. Laughing
It's not like I win anything by a starting player on my favorite NFL team getting seriously injured, but the potential of maybe not having to see such a SOFT player wear the Eagles uniform ever again warms my soul.
Things are looking up around here. The frauds are being exposed even before the season starts! Chip Kelly mixes fraud exposing chemicals in the special shakes he gives the players. More frauds will be exposed, I feel it... Cool

You are the worst. Plain and simple.

A seemingly unparalleled inferiority complex.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRrluIRc4gA

"I hate so much about the things that you choose to be."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyways, I just returned from a weekend trip and I was really sad to see that this happened while I was traveling. I feel terrible for him since this is his way of life and what he does to support himself. And this was the year he had an opportunity to make the best of his situation. Unfortunately for everyone involved especially himself, things went about as poorly as they could.

Huge loss for this team. Very difficult to replace that amount of production.

Hopefully Momah is the real deal or else we are in really big trouble. I think we'll bring him back next season but also draft a WR. It really isn't the best situation because based upon how the defense performed this year, I would have liked to have picked a defensive player in the first round of next year's draft.

Marquis Lee, I'm going to be watching you extra closely this season.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollEagles wrote:
Anyways, I just returned from a weekend trip and I was really sad to see that this happened while I was traveling. I feel terrible for him since this is his way of life and what he does to support himself. And this was the year he had an opportunity to make the best of his situation.

Feel bad for the insurance company that will have to pay his salary this season and probably further into the future if he insured himself. So shed tears for Jeremy Min directly into your pillow. (removed/inappropriate)
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cooper can replace Maclin for this year. We should try to get Marquise in the top 10 next year and DAT in the 2nd.
RollEagles

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
RollEagles wrote:
Anyways, I just returned from a weekend trip and I was really sad to see that this happened while I was traveling. I feel terrible for him since this is his way of life and what he does to support himself. And this was the year he had an opportunity to make the best of his situation.

Feel bad for the insurance company that will have to pay his salary this season and probably further into the future if he insured himself. So shed tears for Jeremy Min directly into your pillow. (removed/inappropriate)

1) I never feel bad for insurance companies. They make money ripping people off constantly with absurd rules. In the end they make money even when having to make payments like this.

2) It seems fairly normal to feel bad for a human being that suffers a severe injury. Especially a player who has produced for a team that you are a fan of.

3) It seems very abnormal to feel any kind of pleasure out of someone suffering a severe injury. Especially a player who not only plays for a team you are a fan of but also a player who has produced for the team.

Last edited by RollEagles on Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
Cooper can replace Maclin for this year. We should try to get Marquise in the top 10 next year and DAT in the 2nd.

More short Receivers needee

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Jroc04

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The injury has nothing to do with his being soft. It's pretty obvious. Dawkins, John Runyan, Chuck Bednarik all could have suffered the same injury and no one would have questioned their toughness. However, I do weigh on the side of the opinion that he is soft. But when someone posts that all the posters that say he'a soft are this and that, I'll naturally get offended. There's no reason to get that worked up on a football chat website.

And, for the life of me, still don't get why anyone feeds into PE. Regardless of whether anyone thinks he's flaming or not, this is the way he posts. It's either a game to him or its his personality. Either way, most of us have been down the road of a PE debate. After the first one, is there any reason to have another? I just find it funny he still gets people worked up, 7 or 8 thousand posts later.

Kilt sig - 808 avy
808 wrote:
Jroc offers a voice of reason, and that's why I care about him so much.
Broadway Joe

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm intrigued as to why are we going to do with him after this season.

He's by far our most well rounded receiver, he would take over a game like twice a season, then have mediocre to awful performances for the next three or four weeks.

I'm not sure I want a guy like that unless we trade DeSean and we draft some 6'3 230 lbs awesome WR.

Thanks to Braylon4MVP for the sig!
eagles101

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollEagles wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
RollEagles wrote:

1) I never feel bad for insurance companies. They make money ripping people off constantly with absurd rules. In the end they make money even when having to make payments like this.

2) It seems fairly normal to feel bad for a human being that suffers a severe injury. Especially a player who has produced for a team that you are a fan of.

3) It seems very abnormal to feel any kind of pleasure out of someone suffering a severe injury. Especially a player who not only plays for a team you are a fan of but also a player who has produced for the team.

He's not a fan of the eagles. He's a fan of being right. Anything he can make out to prove he's right he will roll in it like a dog on a dead deer carcass. Maclin could have gotten hit by a truck and he would say the same thing.

props to deadpulse

vikingsvikings wrote:

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
PowerElite

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve Smith (USC) and Javon Walker are two receivers who were in comparable positions to Jeremy Min, although they both had Pro Bowls on their resume before getting injured and hitting free agency.
Art_Vandalay

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel bad that this happened to him in a contract year. At any rate, he was an average player that always seemed to be banged up. He won't be resigned. Willing to bet Ertz, Daniels, and Celek all get in on the mix in the passing game.
nlesthought

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art_Vandalay wrote:
I feel bad that this happened to him in a contract year. At any rate, he was an average player that always seemed to be banged up. He won't be resigned. Willing to bet Ertz, Daniels, and Celek all get in on the mix in the passing game.

Daniels?

But I think we all agree the TEs will be used a heck of a lot more. split wide, slot, maybe some motion at the beginning of the drive.

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: