Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Even ESPN Realizes Potential Make or Break Year for Freeman
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason being McNulty said this is bc mechanics are difficult to tweak. Freeman's played that way his entire career. Going to be difficult to have him break it.

McNulty also wasn't smart enough to say mechanics aren't an issue when clearly they are. I said it in the offseason McNulty is a fine Wrs coach. But clueless with qbs.
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://msn.foxsports.com/lacesout/fran-tarkenton-disses-bucs-qb-josh-freeman/

More criticism of Freeman
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I question josh Freeman's mentality , intangibles and toughness, this is the PERFECT opportunity for him to shut people up. He's been really getting bashed by the media lately.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it fascinating the careers of Stafford and Freeman. Both of their career numbers are very similar. Both have led their teams to ten win seasons only once. Freeman has played with decent WRs his whole career, had VJack for only one season who is top 10. Stafford has played with Megatron who could be considered for the GOAT at his position when his career is done.

Stafford gets what a $60 million dollar extension, and Freeman gets bashed in the media he can't play the position. I'm not writing Stafford didn't deserve his extension, just interesting how two careers who have very similar results are viewed with completely different.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
I find it fascinating the careers of Stafford and Freeman. Both of their career numbers are very similar. Both have led their teams to ten win seasons only once. Freeman has played with decent WRs his whole career, had VJack for only one season who is top 10. Stafford has played with Megatron who could be considered for the GOAT at his position when his career is done.

Stafford gets what a $60 million dollar extension, and Freeman gets bashed in the media he can't play the position. I'm not writing Stafford didn't deserve his extension, just interesting how two careers who have very similar results are viewed with completely different.

Yeah, but I remember correctly, analystst weren't too on board with that contract calling it a bad move as well. Time just elapsed.

Listen, just because Stafford got his deal, doesn't mean Freeman should either. I for one am not too impressed with Stafford. He looked really good in 2011 no doubt, but his play tailed off a bit in 2012. However, he didn;t have those moments of the "deer in the headlights" look.

To me the difference between the too: Stafford takes high risks , similar to Favre. Freeman just hesistates and looks lost in his throws and decision making. Honestly, I don't think either of them are franchsie QBs.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
ravishingone wrote:

Yeah, but I remember correctly, analystst weren't too on board with that contract calling it a bad move as well. Time just elapsed.

Listen, just because Stafford got his deal, doesn't mean Freeman should either. I for one am not too impressed with Stafford. He looked really good in 2011 no doubt, but his play tailed off a bit in 2012. However, he didn;t have those moments of the "deer in the headlights" look.
To me the difference between the too: Stafford takes high risks , similar to Favre. Freeman just hesistates and looks lost in his throws and decision making. Honestly, I don't think either of them are franchsie QBs.

So even though both of their production is similar, supposed body language makes a difference. I'm not sure I agree. My main point is the media portrayal of one player compared to another. Stafford might have gotten overpaid, but he has received no criticism about an inability to play a position. There may indeed be better options for either team in the future, I'm growing weary of the "lazy journalism" on the Freeman subject.
SappDaddyDance

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
ravishingone wrote:

So even though both of their production is similar, supposed body language makes a difference. I'm not sure I agree. My main point is the media portrayal of one player compared to another. Stafford might have gotten overpaid, but he has received no criticism about an inability to play a position. There may indeed be better options for either team in the future, I'm growing weary of the "lazy journalism" on the Freeman subject.

Honestly I think that comes down to comfort in the system and coaching. Stafford if I am not mistaken is the only QB of the three QB's in that 09 1st round to have the same QB coach and Offensive Coordinator every year. So he knows what is asked of him early. He just like Freeman has a propensity to lock onto his primary receiver. In regards to the deer in the headlights look I agree completely, but I feel like that has a lot to do with the offense having a higher emphasis on just maintaining the ball and not taking as many risk as a more free flowing offense. I too agree Stafford should have had to "work" for his contract but I think the Lions by not drafting a back up plan were in the same predicament.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To all fairness I quite frankly do not care about stafford really. He got a contract that wasn't deserved.

Freeman doesn't deserve an extension. He crumbles against the big guns in the nfl. (Aka playoff caliber teams). Stafford has gone to the playoffs and has had more success the past two seasons combined. Not saying I'm a fan of staffords game at the moment but he's ahead of freeman currently. But it's not saying much for a top overall pick.

Honestly Tarkenton was right on his analysis of freeman. He may have gone a bit over the top but he's not wrong.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really hoping Freeman balls out just to give the metaphorical finger to everyone in the media bashing him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: