Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

UPDATE: Byrd Signed Tender
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NickChowaniec wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
I think for every pre-season game he misses we should bench him for a game. No one is bigger than the team. He should never have missed the Colts game. Searcy and Williams are capable of starting.

I was impressed but lets not jump the gun this early in the preseason. Byrd is a huge upgrade at FS. I agree thought, what I saw from them two was great for their first game. I've liked what I've seen in camp from them as well.
Oh yeah. Byrd is a huge upgrade but we have Searcy who has proven he can be a good safety last year and Williams has had lots of playing time in the NFL albeit at another position. My point is we are not desperate to have Byrd and he is not bigger than the team. It would be a nice upgrade to get him back but when we have two capable players, he should be punished to sit at the bench for a bit. He is not signing the tender so he doesn't get fined but that doesn't mean he can't be benched when he returns.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
NickChowaniec wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
I think for every pre-season game he misses we should bench him for a game. No one is bigger than the team. He should never have missed the Colts game. Searcy and Williams are capable of starting.

I was impressed but lets not jump the gun this early in the preseason. Byrd is a huge upgrade at FS. I agree thought, what I saw from them two was great for their first game. I've liked what I've seen in camp from them as well.
Oh yeah. Byrd is a huge upgrade but we have Searcy who has proven he can be a good safety last year and Williams has had lots of playing time in the NFL albeit at another position. My point is we are not desperate to have Byrd and he is not bigger than the team. It would be a nice upgrade to get him back but when we have two capable players, he should be punished to sit at the bench for a bit. He is not signing the tender so he doesn't get fined but that doesn't mean he can't be benched when he returns.

Definitely with you on that. Point taken. I hope we can work something out (we all do) but if not, we got some talent back there for sure.

jb_gobills

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Searcy is inconsistent.

^Jamison.
Where else would you rather be than right here, right now?
When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us
OffseasonChamps

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jb_gobills wrote:
I think Searcy is inconsistent.

agreed. i think Byrd's holdout secured Searcy's job this year.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Byrd signed his tender!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD!

Our defense has been looking pretty good already without arguably our best defensive player. This will only help

thanks for the sig NS922!

Listen! I am standing at the door, knocking;
if you hear my voice and open the door,
I will come in to you and eat with you,
and you with me.
Revelation 3:20
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It freaking took him long enough.

I'v lost all respect for him after this. A holdout is one thing, but a holdout WHEN YOU CAN'T MAKE A DIME MORE WHETHER YOU SIGN IT OR NOT, is utterly pointless and just him having a temper tantrum.

He wont sit, but he deserves to be sat. He should have to EARN his job back.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Makes perfect sense that he signed at the end of camp. Glad to have him back, hopefully he will be here longer than just this season.

^Jamison.
BillsGuy82

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jb_gobills wrote:
Makes perfect sense that he signed at the end of camp. Glad to have him back, hopefully he will be here longer than just this season.

This!! We are a up and coming team, so if Byrd shows his worth in this Pettine system than lock the man up. Our secondary may be very underrated this season with a potential top 5 S and top 5 CB
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
It freaking took him long enough.

I'v lost all respect for him after this. A holdout is one thing, but a holdout WHEN YOU CAN'T MAKE A DIME MORE WHETHER YOU SIGN IT OR NOT, is utterly pointless and just him having a temper tantrum.

He wont sit, but he deserves to be sat. He should have to EARN his job back.

I don't blame him in the slightest for avoiding camp and a possible injury not game related. Makes sense to me.
Notmyfault

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now apparently Byrd wants to be traded. Can't believe people actually are blaming Byrd for this. This is 100% the Bills fault and this is what they get for treating players that deserves to get paid like crap by low balling them with their offers or lack their of.
jb_gobills

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notmyfault wrote:
Now apparently Byrd wants to be traded. Can't believe people actually are blaming Byrd for this. This is 100% the Bills fault and this is what they get for treating players that deserves to get paid like crap by low balling them with their offers or lack their of.

I don't blame Byrd or Buffalo, I blame the franchise process/situation. There needs to be some tweaking of the rules.

^Jamison.
Yibbyl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notmyfault wrote:

I would hardly call an offer to earn an amount in the top 5 of all safeties a "lowball offer". Byrd wanted to be the highest paid safety in the league, signifying that he is hands down the best safety in the league. Period. He didn't get what he wanted and now wants to be traded. Let's see if the Bills are open to trading him and just what they get offered in return. If the offers are for multiple picks that include a 1st rounder next year, I'll side with Byrd in his valuation. However, if he doesn't even command a 1st rounder, IMO that means the rest of the league doesn't even value him any where near as high as Byrd himself does!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Notmyfault wrote:
You just talked a bunch of crap with no facts. How is trying to make him a top 5 paid safety, low balling him. That is exactly his worth. Byrd just wants to be the highest paid safety in the league. And trust me, he is not the best safety on the NFL.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Notmyfault wrote:
You just talked a bunch of crap with no facts. How is trying to make him a top 5 paid safety, low balling him. That is exactly his worth. Byrd just wants to be the highest paid safety in the league. And trust me, he is not the best safety on the NFL.

No he is not the best safety in the league, I have to agree. My guess is he will command a 1st and a 5th tho, which I would jump on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Buffalo Bills All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: