Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens Training Camp 2013
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Ravens Training Camp 2013 Reply with quote

Football is back! I'm getting fired up thinking about some of the positional battles that are starting to take place. The most obvious one is at the #2/#3 WR but I'm looking forward to seeing what happens at C and ILB too.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaand here we go again with McKinnie.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Bryant-McKinnie-Too-Heavy-Does-Not-Practice/1fb77d8e-271a-44b3-bb19-c7607f182cc8

Brick wall

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
santiagomn8

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts exactly here we go again. I don't understand I thought he was doing boxing what happened?
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Bryant-McKinnie-Too-Heavy-Does-Not-Practice/1fb77d8e-271a-44b3-bb19-c7607f182cc8

Brick wall

We need to discover some way to permanently increase his metabolism, like exponentially increase it!

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

Brick wall

We need to discover some way to permanently increase his metabolism, like exponentially increase it!

I think the solution is simpler than that. Laughing McKinnie is what he is.
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disappointing but I'm not terribly worried about it. Harbaugh's not one to mince words and he was fairly complimentary all things considered when talking about it and it sounds like there's a mutual understanding going on here. If McKinnie gets on the field in the next day or two I'm hoping it just ends up as water under the bridge.

Speaking of weight, any word on what kind of shape Upshaw showed up in?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:

Speaking of weight, any word on what kind of shape Upshaw showed up in?

Last I heard he was back down to 270 (from 290), which is just about where he was last year when he came in.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently McKinnie was on the practice field today, so I'm inclined to think Harbs held him out more for effect than for anything else. That McKinnie missed the target they set by a few lbs, so Harbs made a bit of an example of him, and impressed upon him further the need to keep working.

I read somewhere that Ricky Wagner was the guy who stepped into the LT slot in practice after Osemele went out with what is (hopefully) a slight leg injury. Interesting that they put the rookie in there rather than shifting Oher.

Sounds like Deonte Thompson continues to impress as well. It seems like the Ravens really are high on this guy.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 19m
Bryant McKinnie noticeably gassed in his first practice, winded, bending forward at the waist, beat consistently off the snap. Rough day

I don't think it was Harbaugh just making a statement. McKinnie is out of shape, but nobody should be surprised about that.

Quote:
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 12m
Rookie offensive lineman Ryan Jensen limped into the training room accompanied by a trainer. Was favoring his right foot-lower leg

Quote:
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 2m
A bit more on Terrence Cody, he just doesn't seem to have his normal leg strength yet after undergoing offseason hip surgery
coordinator0

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 25m
Ravens rookie offensive lineman Ryan Jensen broke his foot and will need to undergo surgery. Could miss roughly 10 weeks

At first glance this probably isn't a big deal but I liked the competition at C. Gradkowski still has Shipley to beat out (and I think he will) but this isn't good for a rawer player like Jensen.
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing Jensen gets IRed as a result of this. He was probably going to end up on the PS anyway, given the players already on the roster at the interior O-line positions.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Quarterback Joe Flacco was noticeably frustrated at points during practice, as the defense won the day. At one point, Flacco walked off the field and threw his helmet on the turf in frustration.

I'm so freakin excited to see this defense.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Quote:
Quarterback Joe Flacco was noticeably frustrated at points during practice, as the defense won the day. At one point, Flacco walked off the field and threw his helmet on the turf in frustration.

But Ray Lewis doe! Ed Reed doe! Kruger doe! Ellerbe doe! Cary....okay, forget that one. But all those losses! How will the Ravens ever survive?!!!

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensTillIDie wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Quote:

But Ray Lewis doe! Ed Reed doe! Kruger doe! Ellerbe doe! Cary....okay, forget that one. But all those losses! How will the Ravens ever survive?!!!

*whispering* Bernard Pollard too, doe. Wink

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mancunian Raven wrote:
Apparently McKinnie was on the practice field today, so I'm inclined to think Harbs held him out more for effect than for anything else. That McKinnie missed the target they set by a few lbs, so Harbs made a bit of an example of him, and impressed upon him further the need to keep working.

I read somewhere that Ricky Wagner was the guy who stepped into the LT slot in practice after Osemele went out with what is (hopefully) a slight leg injury. Interesting that they put the rookie in there rather than shifting Oher.

Sounds like Deonte Thompson continues to impress as well. It seems like the Ravens really are high on this guy.

I had no idea that Deonte Thompson was a five star recruit coming out of high school. That's very interesting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: