Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Atlanta Falcons Training Camp Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
Holmes has looked TERRIBLE so far in camp, and while Johnson looked only okay, he's better than Holmes. I'm not loving anyone on that list, either. Holmes better step up.

I was thinking the same thing. This is just awesome...

Neutral

REALLY hoping Holmes can get it together.. SOON...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll probably have problems from that right side of the line this year. Not that our Offensive lines have been stellar. Good thing we have a good QB like Matt.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can pick up my boy Ju'Wuan James in next year's draft to fill the hole at RT Very Happy

and/or take my boy Zach Fulton to fill that hole at RG

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
Insane82 wrote:
Johnson's Injury sucks as it seems he was winning the position battle at the time

Not worried about Julio pretty sure he will be fine

Spoon I just hope he is ready come week 1

Julio's fine. He will just participate with no contact drills for a few days

Mike Smith is just crabbin with Julio's situation. A.J's not playing, which our corners needed, so we are not playing Julio. Thats all it is.
falcfan4life

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not giving our line an easy out but the bengals line is no cake walk, arguably the best in the league
Lentz33

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

falcfan4life wrote:
not giving our line an easy out but the bengals line is no cake walk, arguably the best in the league

Yup, they'll be tested for sure.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
Holmes has looked TERRIBLE so far in camp, and while Johnson looked only okay, he's better than Holmes. I'm not loving anyone on that list, either. Holmes better step up.

Have you been to camp? Just wondering where you are getting that he has been terrible from? From the things I have heard is that he looked pretty good against Gilberry anad other Bengals after Johnson went down. The biggest thing was that they said he has had issues with Oline calls and plays but is getting better. They said the physical tools have def been there and Johnson was not that ahead of him. I think over time he will be better than Johnson.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
BeeperKing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tech2186 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:

Have you been to camp? Just wondering where you are getting that he has been terrible from? From the things I have heard is that he looked pretty good against Gilberry anad other Bengals after Johnson went down. The biggest thing was that they said he has had issues with Oline calls and plays but is getting better. They said the physical tools have def been there and Johnson was not that ahead of him. I think over time he will be better than Johnson.

No, I haven't been, but I've been reading a ton of reports. When taking first and second team reps, he just wasn't keeping up. He has the tools, so hopefully he can, but it doesn't look great as of now.

Daboyle250 on the sig

Foster a Falcon: Thomas DeCoud

FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
tech2186

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:

No, I haven't been, but I've been reading a ton of reports. When taking first and second team reps, he just wasn't keeping up. He has the tools, so hopefully he can, but it doesn't look great as of now.

Yeah only time will tell. Apparently I am hearing that he threw up when it was his time to go with the first team yesterday Laughing That is a heck of a way to start off. But I'm sure if he doesn't work out the Falcons will bring someone in before camp is over.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Right tackle Mike Johnson suffered a dislocated left ankle and fractured fibula

Link
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:

I've talked to guys who are at camp, and they said that yes, Johnson was ahead, but it wasn't this ridiculous amount. Holmes' biggest issues have been conditioning and hand placement.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:

I've talked to guys who are at camp, and they said that yes, Johnson was ahead, but it wasn't this ridiculous amount. Holmes' biggest issues have been conditioning and hand placement.
I find it hard to believe any NFL should have trouble with conditioning. I would assume being in the NFL would net you multiple ways of finding ways to condition yourself.
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jgoldiscool wrote:
scar988 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:
tech2186 wrote:
BeeperKing wrote:

I find it hard to believe any NFL should have trouble with conditioning. I would assume being in the NFL would net you multiple ways of finding ways to condition yourself.

Or Holmes has just been lazy.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why did we get rid of clabo...

mack. ^
Justin Upton Stat Tracker: 12 HR 18 RBI .302 BA
Proud Air Traffic Control Student In Training!
Lentz33

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GFalcon wrote:
why did we get rid of clabo...

Money and we wanted to give the young guys a chance.

I'm still throwing a fit that we aren't going after Richard Seymour.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: