Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Pre-Training Camp Thoughts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:
INbengalfan wrote:
I see it playing out as AJ and Jones on the outside with Sanu or hawkins in the slot, or both. I don't see Whalen making it either. The fifth and last spot goes to Hamilton. tate or McCalleb will make it as a returner, regardless of position tied to their name.

I Seriously Doubt the bengals are gonna settle with just 5 WR's on the final roster. Last year they even with with 7, but 6 is the number they will go with. Even if Tate is on there just to be the 6th, if they dont want him, it wont mean they will settle with just 5. The depth is too great there to make it only 5 guys

Both Tate and McCalebb wont make it either IMO. If Tate makes it, McCalebb wont and they will go with a different CB. If McCalebb makes it, then someone else will replace Tate as the 6th WR. All I know is I'm pulling for anybody to unseat Tate

I get what you are saying, but this isn't just a WR depth issue. This team is deep at almost every position. They can't keep them all. If the team is serious in trying to keep 4 TEs (I'm counting Charles there even though he is listed at FB) who goes when Pressley is ready? See, I think Eiffert will be a de facto WR, so consider him the 6th. Hamilton has done far more in the SEC than Whalen has in his life. hamilton may also return kicks, and if that happens, maybe tate goes and Whalen stays.

I also don't count McCalebb as a true CB. Counting him in that pool is as useful as counting the long snapper in the LB count.

WR has the best depth IMO because of the bigger potential factor there. Even greater than DE from what I see. Its a good problem to have, but all indications I have seen so far are saying its 2 spots open at WR, not 1.

At TE there could be 2 or 1. I only see 1 though. Smith at TE is really just a way I see of pushing Charles right now even though they are fighting for that 3rd spot. I honestly dont think the bengals will even keep any of there FB's. If they want to keep Pressley on the PUP list though, thats fine. I think they will be overloaded at LB in this case, and opt to cut one of those guys to free up a sport there, since i see 7 guys making it there.

Just because Hamilton has done a good job in the SEC doesnt mean hes better than Whalem. Transitioning from college to the pros is so hard. And Whalem was Andrew Lucks favorite target at stanford after all. Ive watched Whalem in a couple of games, and all hes done is impressed. Great hands as Ive barely seen him drop the ball. Reliable route running too, so hes a smart player. Yeah hes gotta make the roster first though, but it all comes down to if they want 7 or 6 WR's from what I see.

And yes I dont wanna count McCalebb as a CB, but I also believe they will want 6 guys there, which will either include McCalebb or not include him. Because CB has been a BIG issue in the past when injuries hit, so they need as many as possible.
Spartan300

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone planning on going down to a practice?
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartan300 wrote:

Either thinking about august 2nd or the 10th instead. I dont wanna drive all the way down to Cincinnati just for a 2 hour practice. But if I down there for a practice AND THEN a Reds game, its worth it.

They did a deal like that last year where the bengals promoted fans to go see a practice and a reds game on the same day

----------

If anybody else wants to consider doing the same thing, the 2nd and the 10th are the only options to do so

Both practices those days will be from 3-5 and both games will be at 7:10

The 2nd the reds play the cardinals and the 10th they play the padres, so I might just go to both coming up.
Spartan300

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
Spartan300 wrote:

Either thinking about august 2nd or the 10th instead. I dont wanna drive all the way down to Cincinnati just for a 2 hour practice. But if I down there for a practice AND THEN a Reds game, its worth it.

They did a deal like that last year where the bengals promoted fans to go see a practice and a reds game on the same day

----------

If anybody else wants to consider doing the same thing, the 2nd and the 10th are the only options to do so

The 2nd the reds play the cardinals and the 10th they play the padres, so I might just go to both coming up.

Yeah I did that last year it was an awesome day. The Bengals had a scrimmage then the Reds played the Pirates. I love the fact the Bengals and Reds are starting to work together. I only live like 20 minutes from downtown so driving isn't too much of an issue. I'm planning on going August 1st when the practice is inside PBS.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartan300 wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:
Spartan300 wrote:

----------

Yeah I did that last year it was an awesome day. The Bengals had a scrimmage then the Reds played the Pirates. I love the fact the Bengals and Reds are starting to work together. I only live like 20 minutes from downtown so driving isn't too much of an issue. I'm planning on going August 1st when the practice is inside PBS.

I'm trying to find time this year. I miss my days at camp in Georgetown. So much great insight and to see all the young guys was great

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartan300 wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:
Spartan300 wrote:

----------

Its weird because I havent seen any of the promotion posters this year unlike last year. Then again there just wasnt enough dates that could fit in the Reds schedule either

I'm like an hour away, and I dont get to choose my work schedule, so who knows If ill be going this week.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartan300 wrote:

7926 mile round trip for me. Sorry guys, can't make it.

Have to make do with 'Hard knocks'........
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartan300 wrote:
I really like what Onterio McCalebb brings to the table. He could bring a lot of value to special teams with his speed and versatility. I also would prefer Tate not to make the team.

Yeah, McCalebb and his speed is intruiging, and he could knock tate off the roster. A couple of big returns could be huge for us this year.

We could go 11 x DB's including McCalebb. But if we are going with more double TE sets, then we really need 4, (Gresh, Eifert, Charles, Smith).

Did anyone else see that Dennis Pitta is done for the year ? That's potentially huge for the Ravens.

This final cutdown day is going to be real tough this year. Its a sign of how good this roster is. Other teams are gonna be all over the guys we cut.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
Spartan300 wrote:

7926 mile round trip for me. Sorry guys, can't make it.

Have to make do with 'Hard knocks'........

No dedication right there London. What a lazy fan

THE DUKE

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spartan300 wrote:

I think I'm going to take my boys to family night inside PBS on Aug 11.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
I dont wanna drive all the way down to Cincinnati just for a 2 hour practice.

But you live in Hamilton, right? I drive through there on my way from Richmond to Kings Island. It's not like the drive is really that far.

Preseason home games are in a little obver two weeks. I'll make it for them.
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:
I dont wanna drive all the way down to Cincinnati just for a 2 hour practice.

But you live in Hamilton, right? I drive through there on my way from Richmond to Kings Island. It's not like the drive is really that far.

Preseason home games are in a little obver two weeks. I'll make it for them.

Kings Island is MUCH closer than cincinnati though. its 45 minute at best for me to get to cincinnati, but traffic is always horrible once you get close to cincinnati.

I guess my big issue is if im driving a long way to get somewhere, Im gonna get my moneys worth. And that means adding a reds game along with a bengals practice makes it a win.

Also Like I might of said before, my work schedule is always a big "Iffy" so Its hard for me to make plans to do anything when I dont ever have a clue when I'm working.

Gonna find out If I can or not Friday though.
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I live in Bellbrook/Sugarcreek area, Cincy is like an hour drive for me with all the construction traffic.

I would like to go down to a practice, but with my new work schedule, I don't really have time.

I go from working 24 hour shifts with 2 days off in between to a "normal schedule" working 8-4 Monday-Friday. I hate it...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Devon Still looking swoll: http://instagram.com/p/cWyUtySYON/

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Devon Still looking swoll: http://instagram.com/p/cWyUtySYON/

We are really counting on him and Thompson this year. I hope they are ready for the opportunity and prove why they were taken so high

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: