Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Training Camp Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leadkills

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I gotcha I didn't notice the trend in you looking at dline Embarassed
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's preseason but judging off last night, we are no where near contention. Questionable depth, pass rush, and QB. That's 3 important aspects to winning in this league. If the dline can't generate pressure I'm not sure how much more the secondary improves.

If freeman continues being, well freeman then it's going to be a long season for us buc fans with high expectations
RB4TampaBay

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
I know it's preseason but judging off last night, we are no where near contention. Questionable depth, pass rush, and QB. That's 3 important aspects to winning in this league. If the dline can't generate pressure I'm not sure how much more the secondary improves.

If freeman continues being, well freeman then it's going to be a long season for us buc fans with high expectations

I agree, our 1's against their 1's....really sad. Crying or Very sad
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4828/carl-nicks

Quote:
Bucs LG Carl Nicks has developed an "infected blister" on his troublesome toe, and is out indefinitely.

Crying or Very sad

This is brutal news. We need the big guy and need him bad!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:
Bucs LG Carl Nicks has developed an "infected blister" on his troublesome toe, and is out indefinitely.

Crying or Very sad

Wooooooooooow, unbelievable.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:

Crying or Very sad

What the hell is this the 1700s?

WASH YOUR FEET CARL THAT IS NASTY!!

And wow this sucks

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deuces22wild wrote:

Quote:

Crying or Very sad

On the Bucs twitter that was reporting from Schiano's PC it did say that, "Coach still thinks Carl Nicks playing in the opener is a realistic possibility."

Its just an infected blister.. though nasty.. just needs a week to so to heal up with some antibiotics. Im just glad he didnt aggravate that toe any more than the day to day stuff he said he will be feeling throughout his career. Carl seems like a tough dude and I dont see him missing the opener unless he is in some serious pain with this blister or his toe.

Good news is that Davin Joseph took part in all but two practice periods today, per the Bucs twitter feed.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported on NFL Insiders Monday that Bucs LG Carl Nicks (toe infection) "could miss about a month, based on what I'm being told."
Nicks is dealing with an "infected blister" on the same toe that he injured midyear last season, costing Nicks the final nine games. The Bucs need to take their time in order to avoid future setbacks, so Nicks is looking highly doubtful for Week 1. If he misses a month from now, Nicks could still be back early in the season. Look for Ted Larsen to stand in at left guard.

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So our weak o-line suddenly looks weaker.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tml_gogo wrote:

Not necessarily, we will have Davin back week 1 and that will be a big help and improve what we saw in the 1st quarter of last weeks preseason game. And its just and infected blister.. give it some antibiotics and time and its good as new. Not like he re-injured his toe or anything.

Plus, with all due respect we should beat the Jets with or without Nicks. If we dont then there are bigger problems. Its 20 days or 3 weeks till our week 1 game, 27 days till week 2, so to be honest I see him missing week 1 at most with this infection thing, if that. Schiano didnt sound like week 1 was out of the question.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

Not necessarily, we will have Davin back week 1 and that will be a big help and improve what we saw in the 1st quarter of last weeks preseason game. And its just and infected blister.. give it some antibiotics and time and its good as new. Not like he re-injured his toe or anything.

Plus, with all due respect we should beat the Jets with or without Nicks. If we dont then there are bigger problems. Its 20 days or 3 weeks till our week 1 game, 27 days till week 2, so to be honest I see him missing week 1 at most with this infection thing, if that. Schiano didnt sound like week 1 was out of the question.

I wonder if Meredith will play at LG. I thought he was very effective at RG last year until he severely twisted his ankle before the Carolina. If I recall, he was on crutches up until Thursday or Friday before that game, so I can only assume he wasn't healed for the rest of the season. Plus, Meredith adds more size to the line then Larsen, I'm assuming he would get the call considering he was playing LT with the second team on Friday against the Pats.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
Lil' Shorty wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:

I wonder if Meredith will play at LG. I thought he was very effective at RG last year until he severely twisted his ankle before the Carolina. If I recall, he was on crutches up until Thursday or Friday before that game, so I can only assume he wasn't healed for the rest of the season. Plus, Meredith adds more size to the line then Larsen, I'm assuming he would get the call considering he was playing LT with the second team on Friday against the Pats.

I hope this too. Thought he was an unsung hero last year on the line

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh so this is exactly why Free Agency is not always a great thing. All pro Money to Nicks? He's going to be facing this issue the rest of his career. Don't be surprised if he's cut next year.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Ahh so this is exactly why Free Agency is not always a great thing. All pro Money to Nicks? He's going to be facing this issue the rest of his career. Don't be surprised if he's cut next year.

I think you might be a little ahead of yourself with this post. I get thinking it may effect him but cutting him when we haven't seem him play yet? When he was already arguably the top guard in the game? That seems like an extreme thought.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

I think you might be a little ahead of yourself with this post. I get thinking it may effect him but cutting him when we haven't seem him play yet? When he was already arguably the top guard in the game? That seems like an extreme thought.

Pay a G top money, he plays 7 games. Has an injury that will affect him the rest of his career? Already missing a month. An infected blister keeping him out indefinately, aka a month, seems like more of a set back. Normally, blisters are monitored, especiially since its his bad toe. If infected, a good dose of antibiotics and check ups and should be good to go.

I think it's something not being revealed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 17 of 18

Jump to: