Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Training Camp Thread (New Playmaker)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blueswedeshoes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
This RT battle is getting interesting. Thing is very black and white. Do you want the drive skills of Barclay or the pass pro skills of Newhouse? Sadly, ya can't fix the set flaws of either. Good chance Newhouse will never grow a pair and lord knows Barclay will never have stellar feet.

Wonder if the Bulaga injury will force Mac's hand at all? Good chance Bak can pass pro with Bulaga(Bulaga would have gotten beat from time to time also at LT). But Bulaga would hold a very clear lean on Bak in the run game at Bak's stage of development. A close race could go in Barclay's favor IMO.

It's great to have you check in once in a while on the o-line and other issues, Palmy. Ted just got done saying that Sherrod would play this year. I wonder if he might be given a shot at right tackle if things look bad after the season is underway?
Macc_Aviv

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blueswedeshoes wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
This RT battle is getting interesting. Thing is very black and white. Do you want the drive skills of Barclay or the pass pro skills of Newhouse? Sadly, ya can't fix the set flaws of either. Good chance Newhouse will never grow a pair and lord knows Barclay will never have stellar feet.

Wonder if the Bulaga injury will force Mac's hand at all? Good chance Bak can pass pro with Bulaga(Bulaga would have gotten beat from time to time also at LT). But Bulaga would hold a very clear lean on Bak in the run game at Bak's stage of development. A close race could go in Barclay's favor IMO.

It's great to have you check in once in a while on the o-line and other issues, Palmy. Ted just got done saying that Sherrod would play this year. I wonder if he might be given a shot at right tackle if things look bad after the season is underway?

To add to that question, does Bahktiari's game translate best to the left side long term? With a solid year this year on the left, I would assume Bulaga comes back next year in his old RT spot.
ajhawk5047

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is something that I'm surprised nobody has mentioned yet:

Rob Francois looks like a different player this year. He looks bigger, faster and more aggressive. I've been very impressed with him. With the way he's been playing in the preseason, does anyone see him potentially unseating A.J. Hawk?
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macc_Aviv wrote:
blueswedeshoes wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

To add to that question, does Bahktiari's game translate best to the left side long term? With a solid year this year on the left, I would assume Bulaga comes back next year in his old RT spot.
IMO the beautiful thing about Bakhtiari is that you can do either or with him. If Sherrod bounces back and turns into a lock down pass pro LT and Bulaga isn't healthy we can flip David back over to RT. If both Sherrod and Bulaga come back stronger and better than ever, then Bak instantly becomes the best #3 OT in the NFL. I feel comfortable with him at LT for long stretches of time also. So glad that Bak is on the roster.
Gopackgonerd

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajhawk5047 wrote:
This is something that I'm surprised nobody has mentioned yet:

Rob Francois looks like a different player this year. He looks bigger, faster and more aggressive. I've been very impressed with him. With the way he's been playing in the preseason, does anyone see him potentially unseating A.J. Hawk?

I've always liked Francois and he's raising some eyebrows this year. I'd like to see him against the ones in a preseason game.
dijatool

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blueswedeshoes wrote:
(Ted, you make millions of dollars a year and you are one of the busiest people in the state. Why on earth would you cut your own grass?) Well, I could hire someone I suppose, but it might take me longer to explain to someone how I want the grass left a little longer in the front and a little shorter under the trees out back. But yeah I get that a lot of other guys like me that make a little money would probably have someone else do it. I kind of like it, I guess. I get a chance to put the phone aside and think about stuff for an hour.

I think the real answer would be... "The grass is fine."

svp

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Packers tested Micah Hyde out at punt returner.
My best guess is..,
he played very well the last preseason game and now
they to try and place him on special teams to ensure
he makes the 53 cut.

PR seems like a tuff job.

Blount_truth

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

svp wrote:
The Packers tested Micah Hyde out at punt returner.
My best guess is..,
he played very well the last preseason game and now
they to try and place him on special teams to ensure
he makes the 53 cut.

PR seems like a tuff job.

Hyde has made the 53.. I'm thinking it has more to do with trying to keep Cobb off returns and potentially push Ross out of the bubble.
Interceptions: 6
Forced Fumbles: 1
DROY candidate. Jersey acquired.
justo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How has Hyde not made the team already? He's the #4 CB (depending on how you view McMillian). If anything, that's more of a Ross thing. They've been trying to replace Ross (who hasn't done much on offense) since he's been on the 53 last year.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
How has Hyde not made the team already? He's the #4 CB (depending on how you view McMillian). If anything, that's more of a Ross thing. They've been trying to replace Ross (who hasn't done much on offense) since he's been on the 53 last year.
Actually according to Whitt, Hyde's #3 if not #2.
justo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
justo wrote:
Ahead of 2 of Tramon, Shields, and Hayward? Crazy talk. I'll believe it when I see it, to be honest. Was there a presser today? I must have missed it. Either way, Green Bay has a real case for having the best nickel, dime, and quarter CBs in the league.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
justo wrote:
Ahead of 2 of Tramon, Shields, and Hayward? Crazy talk. I'll believe it when I see it, to be honest. Was there a presser today? I must have missed it. Either way, Green Bay has a real case for having the best nickel, dime, and quarter CBs in the league.
Whitt says Hayward is currently #4 behing Shields, House, and Hyde; and that Tramon has to earn his spot.

http://espnwisconsin.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=40&post_id=28351
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-casey-hayward-trying-to-earn-back-nickel-job-b9980839z1-220611731.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
justo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
justo wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
justo wrote:
Whitt says Hayward is currently #4 behing Shields, House, and Hyde; and that Tramon has to earn his spot.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-casey-hayward-trying-to-earn-back-nickel-job-b9980839z1-220611731.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Oh they're doing that thing. LIS, it's likely all talk. I think Hyde's the dime CB (again, depending how you see the Bat formation) in 2013.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
justo wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
justo wrote:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-casey-hayward-trying-to-earn-back-nickel-job-b9980839z1-220611731.html
Oh they're doing that thing. LIS, it's likely all talk. I think Hyde's the dime CB (again, depending how you see the Bat formation) in 2013.
I agree, they have to at least give the impression that the "Open Competition" they promised is actually happening. We all know what the depth chart really looks like.
justo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
justo wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
justo wrote:
HyponGrey wrote:
justo wrote:

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-casey-hayward-trying-to-earn-back-nickel-job-b9980839z1-220611731.html
I agree, they have to at least give the impression that the "Open Competition" they promised is actually happening. We all know what the depth chart really looks like.
Not sure if I posted this already, but here's the first-second team snaps of the first two preseason games:

QB:
Aaron Rodgers 36-0
Graham Harrell 0-56

RB:
DuJuan Harris (missed Week 1/2)
Eddie Lacy 19-0 (missed Week 1)
Johnathan Franklin 5-32
Alex Green 0-11
James Starks 11-10

FB:
John Kuhn 2-4
Jonathan Amosa 0-1

WR:
Jordy Nelson (missed Week 1/2)
James Jones 36-0
Randall Cobb (missed Week 1/2)
Jarrett Boykin 34-31
Jeremy Ross 25-30
Tyrone Walker 1-42
Myles White 0-25
Alex Gillett 0-13

TE:
Jermichael Finley 31-0
Andrew Quarless (missed Week 1/2)
D.J. Williams 12-8
Ryan Taylor (missed Week 1/2)
Matthew Mulligan 3-12
Brandon Bostick 0-21

LT:
Bryan Bulaga (missed Week 1/2)
David Bakhtiari 36-44
Derek Sherrod (missed Week 1/2)
Marshall Newhouse 0-9

LG:
Josh Sitton 36-0
Patrick Lewis 0-53

C:
Evan Dietrich-Smith 36-0
J.C. Tretter (missed Week 1/2)
Don Barclay 0-48
Greg Van Roten 0-5

RG:
T.J. Lang 36-0
Lane Taylor 0-53

RT:
Don Barclay 20-27
Marshall Newhouse 16-26

DE:
B.J Raji 18-5
C.J. Wilson 13-27
Ryan Pickett 10-3
Datone Jones 1-0 (missed Week 2)
Mike Daniels 10-21
Mike Neal 2-12 (missed Week 1)
Jerel Worthy (missed Week 1/2)
Johnny Jolly 0-21
Josh Boyd 0-5

NT:
Ryan Pickett 7-1
B.J. Raji 3-0
Jordan Miller 0-16

OLB:
Clay Matthews 26-0
Nick Perry 26-3
Dezman Moses 0-43
Andy Mulumba 0-33

ILB:
Brad Jones 26-14
A.J. Hawk 20-7
Robert Francois 0-31
Jamari Lattimore 0-25

CB:
Tramon Williams (missed Week 1/2)
Sam Shields 25-0
Casey Hayward (missed Week 1/2)
Micah Hyde 20-36
Davon House 18-28
James Nixon 0-32
Loyce Means 0-12
Jarrett Bush 1-3

S:
Morgan Burnett 26-0
Jerron McMillian 21-33
M.D. Jennings 12-33
Chris Banjo 0-18
David Fulton 0-9
Chaz Powell 0-1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 44 of 45

Jump to: