Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Training Camp Thread (New Playmaker)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

back fellas. so whats the haps right now? we won, awesome. if anyone knows where i can watch the game that would be fantabulous

XBL: ShiiNyIV
Packer70

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
back fellas. so whats the haps right now? we won, awesome. if anyone knows where i can watch the game that would be fantabulous

Do you get NFL Network? It's gonna show the replay at 1PST/4EST
ajhawk5047

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Casey Hayward and Datone Jones both practiced today...

Just Sayin' Cool
blankman0021

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys I'd like to bring in for a tryout for competition:

Jason Spitz - Just cut by browns. Lets see if he is healthy and has anything left. Could be an improvement over GVR.
Carpenter, Lindell, etc. - Right now I'd lean towards Crosby at kicker and that scares me.

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
blankman0021

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double post. Darn schotty Internet connection

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
Cadmus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:

Jason Spitz - Just cut by Jags. Lets see if he is healthy and has anything left. Could be an improvement over GVR.
Carpenter, Lindell, etc. - Right now I'd lean towards Crosby at kicker and that scares me.

FIFY
blankman0021

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cadmus wrote:
blankman0021 wrote:

Jason Spitz - Just cut by Jags. Lets see if he is healthy and has anything left. Could be an improvement over GVR.

FIFY

Thanks Wink Saw massaquoi's name in the post on PFT and I assumed Spitz ended up with the browns. Laughing My bad bro

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
Cadmus

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
Cadmus wrote:
blankman0021 wrote:

FIFY

Thanks Wink Saw massaquoi's name in the post on PFT and I assumed Spitz ended up with the browns. Laughing My bad bro

Yea np I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on Spitz either. Especially if the injury EDS has been dealing with lingers and he's put on IR before Week 1 (with our luck... that's inevitable). Might as well get him in TC now Laughing.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajhawk5047 wrote:
Casey Hayward and Datone Jones both practiced today...

Just Sayin' Cool

Just saw this. Team's getting a lot better. Harris is back, too. Quarless, too.

Cool
palmy50

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This RT battle is getting interesting. Thing is very black and white. Do you want the drive skills of Barclay or the pass pro skills of Newhouse? Sadly, ya can't fix the set flaws of either. Good chance Newhouse will never grow a pair and lord knows Barclay will never have stellar feet.

Wonder if the Bulaga injury will force Mac's hand at all? Good chance Bak can pass pro with Bulaga(Bulaga would have gotten beat from time to time also at LT). But Bulaga would hold a very clear lean on Bak in the run game at Bak's stage of development. A close race could go in Barclay's favor IMO.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
This RT battle is getting interesting. Thing is very black and white. Do you want the drive skills of Barclay or the pass pro skills of Newhouse? Sadly, ya can't fix the set flaws of either. Good chance Newhouse will never grow a pair and lord knows Barclay will never have stellar feet.

Wonder if the Bulaga injury will force Mac's hand at all? Good chance Bak can pass pro with Bulaga(Bulaga would have gotten beat from time to time also at LT). But Bulaga would hold a very clear lean on Bak in the run game at Bak's stage of development. A close race could go in Barclay's favor IMO.

How committed to the run game is MM? If he truly has changed the pass happy ways, then Barclay almost has to win out. If not, then Newhouse likely has the edge.
palmy50

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

squire12 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

How committed to the run game is MM? If he truly has changed the pass happy ways, then Barclay almost has to win out. If not, then Newhouse likely has the edge.

Clearly Mac will always run a offense that relies heavily on the passing game. That said, I do feel he will run the ball if he has a RB back there that forces his hand. Same story for Rodgers pre snap IMO.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
One thing I didn't look at was how much help they were giving Barclay or Newhouse against the Rams. But both fellas kept Rodgers clean IIRC. The play vs Arizona where Newhouse didn't even lay a finger on Abraham still bugs me. There is just no attitude, no tone, just nothing when Newhouse is in the game.
Macc_Aviv

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an interview with TT from today:
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/220357241.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

The interesting thing here is he says he's confident Sherrod will play this season. Also seems to leave open the possibility of bringing in another kicker, though it's hard to read exactly what his comments mean sometimes.
blueswedeshoes

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macc_Aviv wrote:
Here's an interview with TT from today:
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/220357241.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

The interesting thing here is he says he's confident Sherrod will play this season. Also seems to leave open the possibility of bringing in another kicker, though it's hard to read exactly what his comments mean sometimes.

I think the reporters are getting better at interviewing TT. If you ask him to evaluate players he will decline or speak in bland generalities, but if you ask him the right question you may get an interesting answer. I liked this one:

(Structure of camp, more night practices?) "We have several night games during the course of the season, the preseason are all night games. So you have to, as a team and as an athlete, you have to kind of gear yourself to hold it back all during the day. Like the other day in St. Louis was a really long day, I donít know if it was for you guys but it was for us and for our team because you just sit around and you sit around... in a perfect world Iím a get-up-in-the-morning and get it done (person), and I think the team kind of likes that too because you donít sit there and sweat the practice all day long. You get up and you get at it, sorta like getting up and cutting your grass early in the morning. Get it done and itís out of the way."

Ted Thompson cuts his own grass, I should have guessed that. Let's pretend to ask him why:

(Ted, you make millions of dollars a year and you are one of the busiest people in the state. Why on earth would you cut your own grass?) Well, I could hire someone I suppose, but it might take me longer to explain to someone how I want the grass left a little longer in the front and a little shorter under the trees out back. But yeah I get that a lot of other guys like me that make a little money would probably have someone else do it. I kind of like it, I guess. I get a chance to put the phone aside and think about stuff for an hour.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 43 of 45

Jump to: