Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Skins got Rabach

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sootedpair

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:29 pm    Post subject: Skins got Rabach Reply with quote

That's one key need down.

http://profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm
WhySkins

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabach is a solid pick up. a 16 games starter at a need position and probably not gonna break the bank on him. i like it.
N8DOGGS HOGS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also love this pick up...shouldn't break the bank and will help solidify the O Line, big upgrade!!

If we get Rolle in place of Smoot that would be good as well, a little expensive, but I consider that an upgrade as long as Rolle is healthy! I loved Smoot, wish he would stay, but hes not as good as Rolle.

Now we need to focus on some playmakers on Offense at the WR position, I think we need to add a couple new WR if you ask me, one in free agency and one in the draft! Trade or drop Gardner!
Blknite01

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is a great pick-up as stated above shouldn't cost to much.
He is both young and good I think he's an upgrabe over Raymer.

Hopefully we can get a WR or DE(Okeafor would be nice imo).
riggensghost

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, great first day pick up, he was the best Center there and we grabbed him 3 hours past the opening to free agency. The best thing I like about it is he is young and getting better.

If Pierce doesn't come back whats everyones thoughts on taking a shot at Kendrell Bell out of Pittsburg to fill the middle, or move Washington to the Middle and move KB strongside?

We should also make an offer to Bubb Franks, he is only a transition player which means that Green Bay has right of last offer. So take a shot, throw him something and let green bay decide if they want to keep him or not.
sootedpair

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If Pierce doesn't come back whats everyones thoughts on taking a shot at Kendrell Bell out of Pittsburg to fill the middle, or move Washington to the Middle and move KB strongside?

We should also make an offer to Bubb Franks<snip>

Can you think of a case where a 3-4 guy moved to a 4-3? I can't off the top of my head. I know Bell is good, but he's injury prone too. I wouldn't want to spend a ton of dough on him. If we could get him at a good price and he's smart enough to play MLB, I'm all for it. There's no way you can move Washington. He was too good to go messing with that.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Bubba is a pass catcher and not much of a blocker. Gibbs doesn't throw much to TE's. That guy is great in the red zone though.
riggensghost

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Franks is a better blocker than anyone we got minus Kowslowski (all he does is block) and wecould use a red zone outlet like Cooley ws for us this year. Especially if we dont get our playmaker at WR.

When we brought in Washington it was with the idea to put him in the middle. (Before we signed Barrow) He has good speed and better hands for coverage work than anyone else we have. Anyway, Bell has speed and gets great penetration. I was hoping the multiple injuries would drop his price enough for us not to have to spend big dollars and to scare off other persuers.
sootedpair

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When we brought in Washington it was with the idea to put him in the middle.

I don't remember ever hearing that. I remember hearing that it would give LaVar a chance to move to the weakside.

Anyway, the Giants made Pierce an offer. 6 year 26 million.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3433974

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: