Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Buccaneers sign former Browns RB/FB Peyton Hillis
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 40502
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Buccaneers sign former Browns RB/FB Peyton Hillis Reply with quote

Quote:
#Bucs are working out a contract with RB Peyton Hillis, I'm told. He visited them today.


http://twitter.com/RapSheet/statuses/359784080902066176



***Update***
Quote:
BREAKING: Peyton Hillis agrees to a 1-year deal with the Buccaneers.


http://twitter.com/JennaLaineBucs/statuses/359788977399668737
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute


Last edited by Billy Spikes on Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tml_gogo


Joined: 02 Feb 2007
Posts: 13742
Location: Montréal
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good backup I guess, dude was a monster for Cleveland.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 40502
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
BREAKING: Peyton Hillis agrees to a 1-year deal with the Buccaneers.


http://twitter.com/JennaLaineBucs/statuses/359788977399668737
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
leadkills


Joined: 24 Feb 2013
Posts: 329
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind him being a receiver out of the backfield instead of Lorig. Can he lead block well? I think he should play fb exclusively imo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eggybucsfan31


Joined: 27 Feb 2008
Posts: 7359
Location: Westerly RI
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess he and Brian Leonard are going to battle it out.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Seminolebuc


Joined: 03 Jul 2010
Posts: 986
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schiano likes having fullbacks who can run well like Joe Martinek when he was at Rutgers. Looks for Hillis at fullback.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 8148
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see him making the roster. Hes been soft the past 2 seasons. Easily see Leonard beating him out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucstopshere


Moderator
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Posts: 13995
Location: Las Vegas
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you, don't see much out of him, but like that we are continuing to bring in competition
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ABucNBradenton


Joined: 15 Nov 2012
Posts: 626
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on the kind of condition he's in I think he wind up being our nunber 2

1. Martin
2. Hillis
3. James
4. Smith

Maybe some plays at FB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ABucNBradenton


Joined: 15 Nov 2012
Posts: 626
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on the kind of condition he's in I think he wind up being our nunber 2

1. Martin
2. Hillis
3. James
4. Smith

Maybe some plays at FB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hornbybrown


Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 15880
Location: 1600 Pennyslvania Ave
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you get the 2010 version of Peyton Hillis you will love him.

I miss the 2010 version.

I hope that is who you get.

Maybe the last two years might of brought him back down to earth a little. His 2010 year went to his head.

I will follow how he goes this year.
_________________


Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
5nick5


Joined: 25 Jan 2011
Posts: 1258
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure how I feel about this. Like hornbybrown said, I hope we get the 2010 Hillis. I don't know if the problem with Hillis is that he's soft or that he just lacks the work ethic. Whatever it is, hopefully he'll get it sorted out soon.
_________________


Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hornbybrown


Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 15880
Location: 1600 Pennyslvania Ave
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
I'm not sure how I feel about this. Like hornbybrown said, I hope we get the 2010 Hillis. I don't know if the problem with Hillis is that he's soft or that he just lacks the work ethic. Whatever it is, hopefully he'll get it sorted out soon.


It's not being soft. You don't run on afc north teams like that if you are soft.

It was a case of work ethic and it going to his head
_________________


Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
5nick5


Joined: 25 Jan 2011
Posts: 1258
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hornbybrown wrote:
5nick5 wrote:
I'm not sure how I feel about this. Like hornbybrown said, I hope we get the 2010 Hillis. I don't know if the problem with Hillis is that he's soft or that he just lacks the work ethic. Whatever it is, hopefully he'll get it sorted out soon.


It's not being soft. You don't run on afc north teams like that if you are soft.

It was a case of work ethic and it going to his head


I didn't think that was the case. He sure didn't look soft in 2010. I hope he can be a bit of a poor man's Mike Alstott here
_________________


Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt a Buc: Alterraun Verner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
REDandPEWTER


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 8148
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5nick5 wrote:
hornbybrown wrote:
5nick5 wrote:
I'm not sure how I feel about this. Like hornbybrown said, I hope we get the 2010 Hillis. I don't know if the problem with Hillis is that he's soft or that he just lacks the work ethic. Whatever it is, hopefully he'll get it sorted out soon.


It's not being soft. You don't run on afc north teams like that if you are soft.

It was a case of work ethic and it going to his head


I didn't think that was the case. He sure didn't look soft in 2010. I hope he can be a bit of a poor man's Mike Alstott here


I listened yesterday that during the 2011 season they had some sort of an intervention in Cleveland bc he let it all go to his head. His 2010 season led to the madden cover. And he hasn't been good since.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group