Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bengals release former Panthers OG Travelle Wharton

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Bengals release former Panthers OG Travelle Wharton Reply with quote

Quote:
Bengals website announced Bengals released veteran G Travelle Wharton. Was due $2.675 M base. No guaranteed money left. Signed through 2014.

https://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/359337982613913600
Tom Brady Tribute
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boling it is at LG. I thought he'd make it to camp at least. Guess i was wrong.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:

Hopefully this is because:

1. Our younger guards have been developing well.

2. Money related move so we can pay Geno asap!

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
theJ wrote:

Hopefully this is because:

1. Our younger guards have been developing well.

I hope it's in the next few days. I don't have a lot of confidence that it will get done during training camp or during the season.

THE DUKE

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping he'd be able to come back at 100% and provide a boost at LG, but I guess not. Maybe they really really like Tanner Hawkinson, because I'm not sold on Boling.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
theJ

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
I was hoping he'd be able to come back at 100% and provide a boost at LG, but I guess not. Maybe they really really like Tanner Hawkinson, because I'm not sold on Boling.

I think if anything this tells us that Wharton wasn't 100%. Nothing to do with anyone else on the roster.

MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was inevitable that this was going to happen. Boling overachived a ton last year and is younger and better than Wharton right now. Only way Wharton was gonna make the roster is if he would become the starting LG, because his contract was a bit too much just to be a backup.

He was probably not medically cleared to practice yet either, because he was still a candidate for the PUP list. With training camp about to began on friday, the bengals needed to decide who they want to cut now, and IF they decide to bring in some extra players soon with 3 spots open on the roster right now.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrCincinnati wrote:
It was inevitable that this was going to happen. Boling overachived a ton last year and is younger and better than Wharton right now. Only way Wharton was gonna make the roster is if he would become the starting LG, because his contract was a bit too much just to be a backup.

He was probably not medically cleared to practice yet either, because he was still a candidate for the PUP list. With training camp about to began on friday, the bengals needed to decide who they want to cut now, and IF they decide to bring in some extra players soon with 3 spots open on the roster right now.

I'm not sure I believe that Boling was better than Wharton last year. Boling was solid but far from spectacular.

But I saw this coming as a cap casualty and development of some of our young guys

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:

This. First Jamaal Anderson, now Wharton.

Can we think of any other overpaid vets worth cutting 'Villain' ?.........
MrCincinnati

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
MrCincinnati wrote:

I'm not sure I believe that Boling was better than Wharton last year. Boling was solid but far from spectacular.

But I saw this coming as a cap casualty and development of some of our young guys

Well ProFootballFocus did rate him as the 11th best OG last year. Thats pretty good in my book.

Boling is an unsung hero on this OL IMO. Nobody ever talked about him alot last year at all it seemed. No positive feedback but no negative feedback for the most part either.

I would of never believed Boling would fill the void at LG once Wharton tore his ACL, but he did.

Then again it seems the bengals have had ALOT of success with Georgia Bulldog players as of late. Wink
Spartan300

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an interesting move although I'm not really surprised. I'm very curious to see how the interior line (mainly LG and C) do this year. If there is any weakness on this offense it's there. Boling is an intriguing player. He had his ups and downs last year. Not completely sold on him yet. At center I kinda like Robinson to step up but, like Boling, I'm not sold on Robinson or Cook. Cook is average at best.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: