Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redskins QB RGIII has been cleared for training camp
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Redskins QB RGIII has been cleared for training camp Reply with quote

Quote:
Doctors cleared me to practice. Coach is going to ease me in. Thank you for your support & See you in Richmond

http://twitter.com/RGIII/statuses/359332312011374593

Quote:
RGIII will go through all 7-on-7 work in practices but not much team stuff right away source says.

http://twitter.com/MikeJonesWaPo/statuses/359338792987009025

Just an amazing rehabilitation for RGIII to already be medically cleared for training camp, Adrian Peterson was a surprise to come back so soon and he was injured late in the regular season, RGIII was injured in the playoffs.

Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt he was cleared for full contact, but as a QB, he won't have to worry about being hit at all during camp.

Doubt he plays the pre-season, personally.

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This idea to rush a player back after a major injury is not very wise. He's blown out both knees already. One more knee injury could cost him his career. Cleared or not, the team needs to be more cautious with him. He's their franchise and could be their QB for the next 15 years. Why sacrifice that for the sole sake of getting him back 5-8 games sooner? It doesn't make sense.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Malik

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Day 1.
reckless123

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
This idea to rush a player back after a major injury is not very wise. He's blown out both knees already. One more knee injury could cost him his career. Cleared or not, the team needs to be more cautious with him. He's their franchise and could be their QB for the next 15 years. Why sacrifice that for the sole sake of getting him back 5-8 games sooner? It doesn't make sense.

No it wouldnt cost him a career. Firstly because people have come back from multiple ACL tears. Secondly, he is a QB. He doesnt have to be physically gifted. He has enough arm talent to succeed. He wouldnt be done by any stretch.

"I'm not in the danger, I AM the DANGER" - Heisenberg
Persian Bolt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how RGIII says the coach will ease him into it. Yeah like he eased you into the playoff game when you were all beat up and still played you. Yeah maybe full contact on Day 1.

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:

No it wouldnt cost him a career. Firstly because people have come back from multiple ACL tears. Secondly, he is a QB. He doesnt have to be physically gifted. He has enough arm talent to succeed. He wouldnt be done by any stretch.

I didn't say it would. I said that it could. And few people return from mutiple ACL tears, let alone return to top form, so it should be of significant concern considering the team invested millions in him and stands to gain much more than that if he remains healthy and had a long, productive career. Again, it seems very reckless. There is no need to take that chance so quickly.

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
El ramster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's go Baby.... We're ready for this season.. I am a huge Redskins fan! But I would not mind tanking for Clowney.. RG3 needs to "miss" some games.

With all that said and my system is flushed.. Good luck to RG3..

He's not a great guy but he's a great competitor. You gotta respect that, He's willing to lay it all out on the field for this team.

BBL
Persian Bolt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Let's go Baby.... We're ready for this season.. I am a huge Redskins fan! But I would not mind tanking for Clowney.. RG3 needs to "miss" some games.

He's not a great guy but he's a great competitor. You gotta respect that, He's willing to lay it all out on the field for this team.

Really he isn't? You hang out with him or what?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Persian Bolt wrote:
El ramster wrote:

Ehhhh.. Recent news my friend, But let's not derail the news please..
Keep it football talk.

BBL
Persian Bolt

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Persian Bolt wrote:
El ramster wrote:

Ehhhh.. Recent news my friend, But let's not derail the news please..
Keep it football talk.

I know you ruined that football talk by talking about his personality like that really matters on the field. I don't think him being a good or bad guy will affect his knee or play. So yeah.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy for this guy. One of those players that are just good for football

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That pic just about captures how nasty the knee bend was. #Ouch

I think he plays that week one game vs the Eagles on MNF.
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:

I didn't say it would. I said that it could. And few people return from mutiple ACL tears, let alone return to top form, so it should be of significant concern considering the team invested millions in him and stands to gain much more than that if he remains healthy and had a long, productive career. Again, it seems very reckless. There is no need to take that chance so quickly.
I'm with misfit here.

You traded multiple first round picks for your franchise QB, to rush him back for one season is pretty shortsighted. Maybe later in the season get some games in.

Sure he could survive on his arm, but what makes him so dynamic is his ability to escape and picks up extra yards. It's not like he's amazing with his arm.

IDOG_det

#JDI
imani

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkman98272 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:

I'm with misfit here.

You traded multiple first round picks for your franchise QB, to rush him back for one season is pretty shortsighted. Maybe later in the season get some games in.

Sure he could survive on his arm, but what makes him so dynamic is his ability to escape and picks up extra yards. It's not like he's amazing with his arm.

There's certainly nothing wrong with it

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: