Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DEN LB Miller suspended 6 games; Tried to cheat test [pg.28]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only sources I trust with this is Lombardi and Shefter, if it doesn't come directly from them I'd be hesitant to believe it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No defensive player does more for their team than Von does for us, so the thought of losing him for a month is kinda scary.

But in the long run, the suspension shouldn't have too much effect. We will have Von in January. The most concerning aspect is that our star player spends his off time popping mollies. That's a different animal from weed, which is just whatever. Dude needs to straighten himself out.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went through Von Miller's twitter page. Viewed all his pics and tweets going back a while. Unless he has deleted a whole bunch of stuff, I think some folks are exaggerating about his twitter persona. It is quite tame compared to a bunch of other athletes.

A lot of the stuff is what you might expect from someone his age. It's not prim and proper but nothing screams I smoke weed every day, drink and get high on X. I was half expecting to see pics of gold rims, bling all over the place, bunch of hip hop artists and stripper like women. Was expecting tweets and retweets of a certain ilk- didn't see any of that. So, still don't get some of the stuff people are saying in hindsight.
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to remember some Vegas story from either earlier this offseason or last offseason where Von was acting like a moron. I don't remember it being anything damning, but it showed a lack of good judgment.

Am I imagining this?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weed is one thing, but the molly looks really bad in the press since so many people don't really know what it is/what it's used for.

I mean it's a very common recreational drug in Boulder, like only behind weed, (and aderrall but thats another story)....and from my understanding it is not on the level of say a hard drug like ecstasy which it is being related to in articles. It's not my cup of tea, but most people I know that like going to concerts are all about it. Even though he was probably just taking some while raging, this look like Von is doing some hard drugs. Like my 15 year old self would have been like wtffffffffff

Anyways, this is disappointing. Von is a good guy and there is nothing wrong with partying, but at some point you have to take your job more seriously than he is. It will come, hopefully this is a lesson for him.

I'm gonna try and throw some silver lining on this even though I may not believe it myself haha. Von has disappeared at the end of the last two seasons on the stat sheet. Different factors, but maybe this year he will be fresher at the end of the season. When it matters

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
I mean it's a very common recreational drug in Boulder, like only behind weed, (and aderrall but thats another story)....and from my understanding it is not on the level of say a hard drug like ecstasy which it is being related to in articles.

This is what i understand about "molly".

A lot of people take it because its an over the counter high that compares to "E" or "Aderall". And the reading I did on it last night might be the reason so many players have tested positive for "Aderall" over the last couple years. From what I gather, they are one and the same, except "Aderall" is a prescription based drug, usually meaning its much stronger than over the counter stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
Yeah I wouldn't take the Post's word over Vic Lombardi

broncosfan07 wrote:
The only sources I trust with this is Lombardi and Shefter, if it doesn't come directly from them I'd be hesitant to believe it.

Lol what is with your man crush on Vic Lombardi? He's a tool and a [inappropriate/removed]. And, as a TV guy, targets his "reporting" to the lowest common denominator so as to reach the mass audience that is local TV.

Always trust print sources first, they're the ones that put in the most time, have the best sources and do the best research. Sure there's a few bad apples here and there (McDaniels apologist Mark Kizila, for example) but TV guys are largely vain and dumb-downed to reach casual sports fans that watch the local news and radio guys are usually just over-grown kids who are more entertainers than informers. Print (which I am including at major online sources like newspapers, magazines and serious sports websites like Yahoo, FoxSports and ESPN.com) is always the way to go.

I remember when Mac trying to trade Cutler people around here started saying things like, "I'm not believing it until Schefter reports it" and other such nonsense when in fact it was the print reporter who broke the story (Lindsay Jones then of the Denver Post) who had it right and had it first.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

broncosfan07 wrote:

Lol what is with your man crush on Vic Lombardi? He's a tool and a [inappropriate/removed]. And, as a TV guy, targets his "reporting" to the lowest common denominator so as to reach the mass audience that is local TV.

Always trust print sources first, they're the ones that put in the most time, have the best sources and do the best research. Sure there's a few bad apples here and there (McDaniels apologist Mark Kizila, for example) but TV guys are largely vain and dumb-downed to reach casual sports fans that watch the local news and radio guys are usually just over-grown kids who are more entertainers than informers. Print (which I am including at major online sources like newspapers, magazines and serious sports websites like Yahoo, FoxSports and ESPN.com) is always the way to go.

I remember when Mac trying to trade Cutler people around here started saying things like, "I'm not believing it until Schefter reports it" and other such nonsense when in fact it was the print reporter who broke the story (Lindsay Jones then of the Denver Post) who had it right and had it first.

I agree that Vic Lombardi is a tool and acts like an over-educated prick at times. His twitter is becoming more of the twitter page like Kizla (99% non-sense). He does, however, break most of the Broncos news. Mike Klis has the most sources in Dove Valley though, so Ill agree the print sources usually are most right.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

broncosfan07 wrote:

I agree that Vic Lombardi is a tool and acts like an over-educated prick at times. His twitter is becoming more of the twitter page like Kizla (99% non-sense). He does, however, break most of the Broncos news. Mike Klis has the most sources in Dove Valley though, so Ill agree the print sources usually are most right.

I quit following Lombardi on Twitter a long time ago for exactly the same reasons - nothing but pointless Tweets that have ZERO substance. My roommate's 7 year old daughter could use Twitter in a more productive and informative matter than Lombardi.

broncosfan07

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

broncosfan07 wrote:

Jones doesn't work for the Post anymore so that is irrelevant because we cannot use her as a source. Lombardi does one thing good and when he reports on the Broncos it is almost always correct, he has a good number of sources inside Dove Valley. Whether you like him or not he's the best inside source for information regarding the franchise. That used to be Shefter, then it was Jones, then Anderson, now it is Lombardi.

The DP has not broken a fresh story in a long time now, it is a dying, pathetic excuse for a paper. And sorry but you can believe anyone before Schefter but the fact of the matter is he worked in the Denver media for many years and has a longstanding reputation and sources in Denver.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

broncosfan07 wrote:

Jones doesn't work for the Post anymore so that is irrelevant because we cannot use her as a source. Lombardi does one thing good and when he reports on the Broncos it is almost always correct, he has a good number of sources inside Dove Valley. Whether you like him or not he's the best inside source for information regarding the franchise. That used to be Shefter, then it was Jones, then Anderson, now it is Lombardi.

The DP has not broken a fresh story in a long time now, it is a dying, pathetic excuse for a paper. And sorry but you can believe anyone before Schefter but the fact of the matter is he worked in the Denver media for many years and has a longstanding reputation and sources in Denver.

Lindsay is still on the Broncos beat, she's just writing for USA Today now rather than the DP. Klis, Lindsay, Schefter, Woody and Arnie Stapleton of the AP have the best sources and the most access at Dove Valley, not Vic Lombardi.

broncosfan07

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:

broncosfan07 wrote:

Lindsay is still on the Broncos beat, she's just writing for USA Today now rather than the DP. Klis, Lindsay, Schefter, Woody and Arnie Stapleton of the AP have the best sources and the most access at Dove Valley, not Vic Lombardi.
Yet Lombardi breaks quite a bit of news regarding the Broncos. Love him or hate him he brings a lot of Broncos news. Yes he posts a lot of useless things on Twitter but no one is forcing you to read them, skip over and when he does post Broncos news you can be pretty sure he knows what he's talking about.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its kinda absurd that we are judging his partying habits despite the fact that he CLEARLY gives his 110% week in and week out during the season. If the guy wants to pop some MDMA in the offseason, I could care less. We are talking about a 23 year old here. He is going to be imperfect.

The ONLY thing he did wrong was get caught and cause the team to lose its best player for 4 games.

He didnt drive drunk and endanger others. He smoked weed in a state where it is legal and did some party drugs over the summer. I could care less.

Steroids are a whole different monster, IMO. I hope those rumors are not true.
Vonpolean

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
I think its kinda absurd that we are judging his partying habits despite the fact that he CLEARLY gives his 110% week in and week out during the season. If the guy wants to pop some MDMA in the offseason, I could care less. We are talking about a 23 year old here. He is going to be imperfect.

The ONLY thing he did wrong was get caught and cause the team to lose its best player for 4 games.

He didnt drive drunk and endanger others. He smoked weed in a state where it is legal and did some party drugs over the summer. I could care less.

Steroids are a whole different monster, IMO. I hope those rumors are not true.

He's 24 Cool but as I said before I would prefer this than PED's, because if he stops this there would not likely be a dip in performance like other players. I would be more inclined to point PED's at Watt, but he hasn't been caught so who am I to say anything
elliot878

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When ya break down Molly, theres some pretty hard stuff in there. I have friends that do it, definitely a Recreational drug probably just below weed on the recreational list.

Somewhat concerning, but all these guys party, wouldn't surprise me if a lot of players do it.

Just hope he doesn't have a problem with this stuff and its a party aid and nothing else.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 6 of 32

Jump to: