Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DEN LB Miller suspended 6 games; Tried to cheat test [pg.28]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get back to talking about Von guys.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
Molsted

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question for you guys. Have we seen a player come back and just play at a high level without issue, after going through something similar to this? - Ray Lewis comes to mind, but that was before I really was following football.
TheChosen186

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Molsted wrote:
I have a question for you guys. Have we seen a player come back and just play at a high level without issue, after going through something similar to this? - Ray Lewis comes to mind, but that was before I really was following football.

How the heck does Ray Lewis come to mind? He was not good last season at all, before injury, after injury, whatever.

If you want an example, Bob Sanders on the 2006 Colts. He was injured all season long (he was injured frequently throughout his career) but his return was the biggest reason why Peyton Manning and the Colts won the Superbowl that season.

Thanks to Joe_is_the_best for the awesome sig.
BroncoBruin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheChosen186 wrote:
Molsted wrote:

How the heck does Ray Lewis come to mind? He was not good last season at all, before injury, after injury, whatever.

If you want an example, Bob Sanders on the 2006 Colts. He was injured all season long (he was injured frequently throughout his career) but his return was the biggest reason why Peyton Manning and the Colts won the Superbowl that season.

He was referring to the 2000 murder case.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
My, this thread sure went south.

Anyway pack, just to ease your mind, I'm not a grandpa yet. Not that I haven't done my part, my children at this point just aren't interested. Since I'm only 62 I've got lots of time.

Shouldn't have a problem with Alzheimer's as it's basically genetically passed and both my folks are in their 90's and Alzheimer's free.

As far as goin' back to sleep. I would've loved to. I really like my Sunday naps. The hunters I've got here now wouldn't cooperate though. Knocked down a 68" Bull right after my post this AM so spent my day up to my waist in dead moose. Just got the blood cleaned out of my chainsaw and calling it a day.

Gotta admit, this did get mighty entertaining after I left. Laughing

So this was the most BA reply to an attack that I have ever seen on here.
Just call him Clint Eastwood

Exactly what I was thinking too.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry to bring this back up, but this all links back to the company Von keeps. What do you expect of a player when he spends his offseason in Miami partying with Lil Wayne and his mates?

It is only speculation, but I really would love to know DJ Williams' involvement in all of this. Williams was kept on this team for far too long and when he is the 'veteran' LB in the team, that ain't good for a young, naive man to be around. Williams, the man who has been busted for DUIs whilst also being linked to that Miami booster, also tried to cheat the NFL drug policy too. Would anyone really be surprised if it transpired that Williams' influence lead to Von thinking he could get away with cheating with his urine sample?

I hope this is the end now, but the fact is Von has been a total idiot and quite frankly, he deserves a bigger suspension than what he got. I don't see why a 24 year old man should need his parents to live with him to keep him on the straight and narrow, but he better learn how to be a pro quick before he becomes the latest All Pro talent to fall out of the league.

MUFC OK
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
I am sorry to bring this back up, but this all links back to the company Von keeps. What do you expect of a player when he spends his offseason in Miami partying with Lil Wayne and his mates?

It is only speculation, but I really would love to know DJ Williams' involvement in all of this. Williams was kept on this team for far too long and when he is the 'veteran' LB in the team, that ain't good for a young, naive man to be around. Williams, the man who has been busted for DUIs whilst also being linked to that Miami booster, also tried to cheat the NFL drug policy too. Would anyone really be surprised if it transpired that Williams' influence lead to Von thinking he could get away with cheating with his urine sample?

I hope this is the end now, but the fact is Von has been a total idiot and quite frankly, he deserves a bigger suspension than what he got. I don't see why a 24 year old man should need his parents to live with him to keep him on the straight and narrow, but he better learn how to be a pro quick before he becomes the latest All Pro talent to fall out of the league.

Is the report that his parents moved to in with him true? If so,I would love to know if hes got a curfew Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoBruin wrote:
TheChosen186 wrote:
Molsted wrote:

He was referring to the 2000 murder case.
Yep and I believe Lewis was the DPOY and SB MVP the year after.
Reggie Nelson#1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Molsted wrote:

Brian Cushing come to my mind. He missed pretty much the whole season last year due to injury and he also missed some games because of a suspension and came back like he never left.
On Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:41 pm, AnAngryAmerican wrote:
This team won't win a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning.

Last edited by Reggie Nelson#1 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:

I agree with all this.

His first interview after the suspension was announced he was wearing a Young Money shirt. Frankly, that tells me he could not care less what anyone thinks. At least back then. He better now, because he looks like a joke.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:

This makes way too much sense. His behavior does reek of a DJ Williams type influence. Yikes! Rolling Eyes
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:

Is the report that his parents moved to in with him true? If so,I would love to know if hes got a curfew Laughing

Yeah the Denver Post reported it a week or so ago. Unreal isn't it? Someone needs to do a Cartman picture with Von's face - "MOMMMMMMMMMMMMMM" Laughing

MUFC OK
Reggie Nelson#1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:

Yeah the Denver Post reported it a week or so ago. Unreal isn't it? Someone needs to do a Cartman picture with Von's face - "MOMMMMMMMMMMMMMM" Laughing

Not exactly what you said, but I gave it a try... Laughing

Seriously, I hope it helps him and we can put it behind once he's back.
The Broncos are going to need him on week 7 after seeing the Colts play yesterday.
On Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:41 pm, AnAngryAmerican wrote:
This team won't win a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning.
AlaskaMagnum

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:

His first interview after the suspension was announced he was wearing a Young Money shirt. Frankly, that tells me he could not care less what anyone thinks. At least back then. He better now, because he looks like a joke.

I think the NFL looks like a joke. Von Miller gets suspended for trying to pass a pee test for smoking dope. Ndamukong Suh on the other hand, tries to end a player's career ON PURPOSE and gets a fine. How many times does this guy get to try to hurt someone before he gets suspended for a year?

We have multiple players with DUI's, but they do not get suspensions. Nevermind the fact that they endangered the general public. Hell, one guy had a regular shoot 'em up party. NO big deal, a few guys got shot is all. It's all good though. It is not like someone was getting high. That would be REALLY bad.

I am not some pot head whining about legal weed. I don't use it, never have, and never will. However, as a father, I am concerned about the where the NFL seems to place its priorities.

In blunt terms, I'd rather have a kid who was a stoner than a wife beater. Gooddell apparently does not see it that way. Call me crazy I guess.
AlaskaMagnum

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:

I think the NFL looks like a joke. Von Miller gets suspended for trying to pass a pee test for smoking dope. Ndamukong Suh on the other hand, tries to end a player's career ON PURPOSE and gets a fine. How many times does this guy get to try to hurt someone before he gets suspended for a year?

We have multiple players with DUI's, but they do not get suspensions. Nevermind the fact that they endangered the general public. Hell, one guy had a regular shoot 'em up party. NO big deal, a few guys got shot is all. It's all good though. It is not like someone was getting high. That would be REALLY bad.

I am not some pot head whining about legal weed. I don't use it, never have, and never will. However, as a father, I am concerned about the where the NFL seems to place its priorities.

In blunt terms, I'd rather have a kid who was a stoner than a wife beater. Gooddell apparently does not see it that way. Call me crazy I guess.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 31 of 32

Jump to: