Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DEN LB Miller suspended 6 games; Tried to cheat test [pg.28]
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: DEN LB Miller suspended 6 games; Tried to cheat test [pg.28] Reply with quote

Quote:
Broncos LB Von Miller is facing 4-game suspension for violating NFL policy, per ESPN sources. Case currently in appeals process.

http://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/statuses/359329491958513664

Quote:
Per @VicLombardi it was weed and one other recreational substance...

https://twitter.com/EricGoodman/status/359342477146193920

***Update***
Quote:
According to NFL source, #Broncos LB Von Miller tested positive for amphetamines and marijuana during his rookie season of 2011.

https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/359357628763209728

***Update***
Quote:
Anonymous Teammate Says Von Miller Has a Weed Addiction

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2013/07/anonymous-teammate-says-von-miller-has-a-weed-addiction/

***Update***
Quote:
My sense is the six-game suspension might be a reduction from eight. Possible he was at that step of the program.

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/369480025675796481

***Update***
Quote:
Filed to @USATODAYsports: It's official -- Von Miller has been suspended for 6 games.

https://twitter.com/bylindsayhjones/status/369925155331387393

Von Miller statement on six-game suspension:

Quote:
"The Substances of Abuse policy requires everyone to comply with the rules. Although my suspension doesn’t result from a positive test, there is no excuse for my violations of the rules. I made mistakes and my suspension has hurt my team, Broncos fans, and myself. I am especially sorry for the effect of my bad decisions on others. I will not make the same mistakes about adhering to the policy in the future. During my time off the field, I will work tirelessly and focus exclusively on remaining in peak shape. I look forward to contributing immediately upon my return to the field and bringing a championship back to the people of Denver.”

***Update***
Quote:
Reality I've confirmed for #Broncos star Von Miller: He is now in Stage 3 of @nfl's drug policy. Next violation is minimum 1-year suspension

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/370174575482376193

***Update***

***Update***
Broncos' Von Miller has open warrant for arrest in California

Quote:
Denver Broncos star linebacker Von Miller has an open warrant for his arrest in California.

Susan Schroeder, spokeswoman for the Orange County District Attorney's Office confirmed to The Denver Post that Miller has a warrant for failure to appear on a traffic ticket issued last year.

It is unclear what affect this will have if Miller travels to California when the team plays either the Raiders or Chargers, as Schroeder said the ticket is warrant pertains to the entire state.

Calls to the Denver Broncos organization were not immediately returned.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_24074341/broncos-von-miller-has-open-warrant-arrest-california

This is after him been cited for speeding and driving without a license.
Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:17 am; edited 19 times in total
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

Just great! Out of all players on that D, he's one of the few I least expected to be involved in scheiße like this.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appropriate reaction

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now JDR has to scheme his a$$ off for the first four games.

WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
mke1010

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is beginning to be a really bad off season. I guess when there is no mention of the offense, we can only assume it's steroids?
hibdib31

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really??

BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
This is beginning to be a really bad off season. I guess when there is no mention of the offense, we can only assume it's steroids?

Reportedly it's marijuana related.

WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
elliot878

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"League policies" which? Hope not PED's that'd be a let down, but in the NFL i can't say I care much because I think much of the league does em.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sucks we can't watch him dominate for four games, and he won't break the sack record this year, but ultimately, who even cares. Especially if it's pot.

This wont keep us out of the playoffs, it's a mistake, it looks bad, but ultimately its not going to make a difference this season. Not in a division that's an absolute joke. Just a blip on the radar.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man!!!! That will hurt a lot....Von is everything on our D...brings the rush and because of that, our DB are good. Without him, we have a lot of questions. I like Harris but DRC im not sold....and Bailey got burned a lot in his last game...we shall see but thats not good for a team who is considered Superbowl Champ...

Thanks to Delphi83 for the incredible sig and Avatar!
Von Miller 2011 DROY!!!
IT'S MILLER TIME!!
GO BRONCOS!
Darkness

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
It sucks we can't watch him dominate for four games, and he won't break the sack record this year, but ultimately, who even cares. Especially if it's pot.

This wont keep us out of the playoffs, it's a mistake, it looks bad, but ultimately its not going to make a difference this season. Not in a division that's an absolute joke. Just a blip on the radar.

If its pot, it means he has a problem with it. You have to be a repeat offender to be suspended. You'd think he'd give it up knowing he could be suspended for a quarter of the season.
hibdib31

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vic Lombardi has tweeted,
"It is indeed weed and one other recreational drug"

https://twitter.com/VicLombardi/status/359340935617847296

Also, Mike Klis says Von Miller will put out a statement in an hour or two.

https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/status/359340765845004289
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
elliot878 wrote:

If its pot, it means he has a problem with it. You have to be a repeat offender to be suspended. You'd think he'd give it up knowing he could be suspended for a quarter of the season.
You'd think that but he's far from the only player in any professional league that has done it and known league's were suspending players for it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkness wrote:
elliot878 wrote:

I don't smoke, thats the disclaimer to the statement I'm about to make. Here goes: I don't think one can have a "problem" with a "drug" that can't kill you. Alcohol is a more dangerous drug than weed. You can drink yourself to death in a night. You can't smoke yourself to death in a night.

If there was another "recreational drug" it was probably cocaine... That is a drug you can have a "problem" with.

If he does smoke, whatever, lots of guys do in the league, but be smart about it go to the pharmacy and buy that stuff that makes you pass the test. If it's more, that's not good. Whatever he's doing, he better make this be the last time it effects the team on the field, otherwise we'll be hurting, and so will his pockets when it's time for contract talks. Hopefully this wakes him up.

Last edited by elliot878 on Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 1 of 32

Jump to: