You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Training Camp 2013 Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mke1010

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per Troy Miller:
‏@TheTroyMiller

Early camp thoughts. And remember it's early: Montee Ball is is third best RB at this point behind Hillman and Moreno. Jeremiah Johnson 4th.
MalIntent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should have picked Lacy?
mke1010

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalIntent wrote:
Should have picked Lacy?

Don't think so but this is definitely going to be a comparison made throughout both of their careers. Apparently Lacy is looking good thus far.
MalIntent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
MalIntent wrote:
Should have picked Lacy?

Don't think so but this is definitely going to be a comparison made throughout both of their careers. Apparently Lacy is looking good thus far.

Also gave them Franklin for King and Painter.
bobdevine

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Day 3 pictures:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/photo-gallery/Training-Camp-2013-Day-Three-Photos/3393193b-d91d-4723-b189-04e1fe9e84ac

http://www.milehighreport.com/2013-denver-broncos-training-camp/2013/7/27/4563016/photos-denver-broncos-2013-training-camp-day-3
mke1010

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyday a team loses a player to season ending injury. Keeping my fingers crossed we stay healthy through training camp.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on the pictures...it looks like Wes Welker is kicking some patoot out there..also Greg Orton seems to be in several pics blowing past some DB.
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heard Jeremiah Johnson is having another good camp. He is another guy that is tough to cut every year. He can play on ST coverage units too, so I have no idea why other teams never give him a shot.

MUFC OK
broncos67

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not gonna overreact on Montee yet. Many did on Hillman last year, and he seems to have improved mightily so far.

Thanks, Tzimisce
AKRNA

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
I'm not gonna overreact on Montee yet. Many did on Hillman last year, and he seems to have improved mightily so far.

Yeah, it'd be way premature. It's quite a learning curve going from ollege to a PM run, hurry up offense.
Good article regarding just that was in the DP yesterday.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23741962/broncos-running-backs-must-keep-up-peyton-manning
elliot878

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
broncos67 wrote:

Yeah, it'd be way premature. It's quite a learning curve going from ollege to a PM run, hurry up offense.
Good article regarding just that was in the DP yesterday.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23741962/broncos-running-backs-must-keep-up-peyton-manning

We see this with most our first year running backs - they're tentative. For the majority of humans, it comes with being new at something.

With that said, I'm impressed with what I've heard about Ronnie. That guy seems incredibly hungry.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
Heard Jeremiah Johnson is having another good camp. He is another guy that is tough to cut every year. He can play on ST coverage units too, so I have no idea why other teams never give him a shot.
If McCoy or Brown were to miss time for the Eagles I would bet they would try to snatch JJ up.

Hillman has been much improved in pass protection as well. Ton Nalen has been quite pleased with his improvements thus far.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:
If McCoy or Brown were to miss time for the Eagles I would bet they would try to snatch JJ up.

Hillman has been much improved in pass protection as well. Ton Nalen has been quite pleased with his improvements thus far.

Yea read one report saying Hillman was blowing guys up in pass pro.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a crazy couple days and haven't been able to share my Training Camp report from Friday. There were so many people at camp on Friday I had to sit by the south end zone and that limited my vantage point to a degree; I watched mostly offensive players since the defense was doing most of their positional work on the far field. But I did watch the defense closely when they were doing 11-on-11s at the beginning and end of practice. Anyway, here are my observations.

-Gase's up-tempo offense is legit. I thought the team was doing a 2-minute drill but it was just the quick pace that Gase has talked about since being promoted; it's really something to see. The ball is being snapped probably 12-15 seconds after the end of the previous play. At altitude that's going to give us a huge advantage.

-Manning has great chemistry already with Wes Welker. Welker is fun to watch; he's so quick in and out of his breaks, he's fundamentally perfect and he did work against both Champ and Chris Harris on Friday.

-The backs are going to be featured heavily in the passing game. There were several occasions on Friday when a back (usually Hillman but I saw Hester and Knowshon do this as well) is motioned out to a split end, creating mis-matches in the middle of the defense.

-Hillman looks like he's primed for a breakout year. He's bigger and looks a lot more confident out there. I see him being used in a manner similar to how Todd Haley used Jamaal Charles during his tenure as KC's head coach - move him around using pre-snap motion to create mis-matches for both he and other players against man coverage.

-The staff is giving Julius Thomas every chance possible to succeed, he was running with the first team offense throughout practice. He, Tamme and Dreessen make up quite a TE trio but right now they're working Thomas heavily, probably because the other two are veterans who don't need a ton of reps in camp, and Thomas looks like he could be a breakout player. Thing is, we've seen this from him in camp before only to see him get hurt and/or under-perform on game days; let's hope he can make his strong start to camp last for several months.

-Robert Ayers and Shaun Phillips were splitting time at RDE in the manner you would expect - Ayers in most of base defense with Phillips coming in on pass situations. A number of times when the team ran nickel, Phillips would line up at RDE but in a 2-point stance, giving the defense something of a 3-4 look.

-Anyone expecting Ayers to suddenly morph into a pass rush threat is going to be disappointed. He can set the edge well but that's about it; Chris Clark, who playing LT in place of Clady, routinely handled Ayers when he was trying to rush the QB.

-Von is a monster. Not only was he wrecking havoc as a pass rusher but he covered Welker on a play and it was perfect of coverage as I've seen, Welker barely got an inch of separation. Von's footwork in coverage is phenomenal.

-Terrance Knighton is huge; he and Vick are going to be tough to run against in the base defense. Sly Williams is quick and slippery but also pretty powerful; he's a poor man's Ndamukong Suh. I was impressed with what I saw from him considering it was his first ever NFL practice, he held his own against both Manny Ramirez and Louis Vasquez.

-David Bruton was getting a lot of work at S in the 1st team defense while Quinton Carter was barely seen. Right now, the staff seems to be debating whether to start Bruton or Adams opposite Moore. Interestingly, there were times when both were on the field together and Moore was watching. It's making me wonder whether JDR is considering a safety-by-committee approach.

That's about all I can think of right now. I'll be heading back down to Dove Valley tomorrow (Monday) and the team will be in full pads so that should give me a better look at "real" football. Does anyone have anything or anyone specific they'd like me to watch? I can't guarantee I'll be able to, but I'll do my best.

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did David Burton magically acquire fluid hips? Laughing

I watched the highlights on the team website and Hillmans looks much bigger this year. As does DT.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 4 of 16

Jump to: