Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Anyone else concerned about Trufant still being unsigned?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Anyone else concerned about Trufant still being unsigned? Reply with quote

As we all know, Desmond Trufant still remains to be signed. Training Camp is coming up next week and if he holds out then that's only hurting himself. I've been following Alford closely on Twitter/Vine (Trufant doesn't partake in much "social media") and the dude is putting in work and looks good (in shorts) so far... any possibility Alford starts instead of Trufant? Saw this article and it made me start thinking...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/21/fight-looming-between-falcons-trufant/

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would be pretty stupid on TDs part not to get this contract done quick and make sure its done before camp. We gave up a third round pick to move up for Trufant and for him to miss camp would def be a blow
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The issue is between slotting at 21-23 or giving him a deal like Weeden's. It will end up being a non-issue though and he'll be in camp.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
swoosh

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. 15 first round picks are still unsigned, including every player picked from #22 to #29. Ask me again if camp starts and he's still unsigned. Until then, there's no need to be worry. I highly doubt Trufant is sitting around doing nothing right now.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate when these threads come up. The deal will be done soon enough.

Adopt-a-Falcon: Matt Ryan - 76-111 68.4% 965 yards 7 TDs 3 INTs 105.2 QB Rating
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:

No need to comment then if you "hate when these threads come up." Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonFed56 wrote:
Lentz33 wrote:

No need to comment then if you "hate when these threads come up." Rolling Eyes

Someone needs to mention that they aren't needed.

xxfalconfanxx20

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO we should let Trufant hold out as long as he wants. Samuel Alford, and McClain in the slot is not a bad starting line-up. Yes Trufant would make it better but from what I've heard Alford is ahead of the learning curve and could be a gem. I'm not saying that Trufant doesn't deserve some good money but let's get be real here he hasn't played a game yet and Alford could be just as good.
delpanator23

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxfalconfanxx20 wrote:
IMO we should let Trufant hold out as long as he wants. Samuel Alford, and McClain in the slot is not a bad starting line-up. Yes Trufant would make it better but from what I've heard Alford is ahead of the learning curve and could be a gem. I'm not saying that Trufant doesn't deserve some good money but let's get be real here he hasn't played a game yet and Alford could be just as good.

Idea Applause

^^^Kempes on the sig!

Adopt a Dirty Bird: Kroy "The Beer Truck" Biermann
Swift924

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxfalconfanxx20 wrote:

if thats the case then why did we feel the need to trade a 3rd round pick for Trufant ..It will be a blow for TD if Alford comes in and takes job away from Trufant and we spent a 1st and 3rd on him
Jgoldiscool

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can almost guarantee its the agent holding out and not Trufant. The deal is gonna get done. I don't see how it doesn't.

XBL GT: l JGOLD l Adopt a Falcon | LB | Paul Worrilow
tech2186

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
xxfalconfanxx20 wrote:

if thats the case then why did we feel the need to trade a 3rd round pick for Trufant ..It will be a blow for TD if Alford comes in and takes job away from Trufant and we spent a 1st and 3rd on him

That is true. Trufant needs to win that starting job because he was worth a 1st and a 3rd. If he does get beat out then that would not look good fot TD's draft history. Hopefully this is resolved before Thurs and he can get out there.

ROO to all the Nasty Que Dogs!! I love my Omega Psi Phi!!!
University of Georgia Class of 2008
xxfalconfanxx20

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
xxfalconfanxx20 wrote:

OR just a wild thought!!! We realize we have too many great cornerbacks and we can trade one to the worst team in the league at the end of the season and end up with a certain CLOWNEY in next years' draft. Just Kidding...but if that did happen I'd get season tickets and fly down to Atlanta for every game next year.
Lentz33

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swift924 wrote:
xxfalconfanxx20 wrote:

Would it kill you to just let things fall into place? You're always wanted to trade people.

xxfalconfanxx20

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lentz33 wrote:
Swift924 wrote:
xxfalconfanxx20 wrote:

Would it kill you to just let things fall into place? You're always wanted to trade people.

I'd love for you to find anywhere else on this website where I said we should trade for someone....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: