Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Training Camp news
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bpastermack

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Training Camp news Reply with quote

The Bad:

Lance Louis looks like he is still not moving perfectly from his injury

Dion Jordan is still not able to practice due to offseason shoulder surgery. Expected time for him to be ready is 1 to 2 weeks

Pouncy refused to apologize about the free Hernandez hat.

The Good:

John Jerry came in at 335 lbs according to the team.

Grimes says he is officially 100% after last seasons Achilles injury. He does not even tape his ankle now. Might be the steal of free agency at this point.

It was Odrick, not Starks who saw the most snaps starting at DT today. Not sure it will always be this way but I think it shows Odrick has found his position and this team has a solid 3 man rotation with Rhandle waiting in the wings as well. I think we could lose one of either Starks or Soliai next offseason and not lose much to be honest and that money can go elsewhere with no top pick needing to be used on a DT.

Pouncy did say that Martin was looking better and better at LT, but then again what else is he going to say? I guess he could have said "no comment" like he did about the hat??

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wallace reportedly dropped a few catchable passes today. Hope it is just the 1 day jitters

Adopt A Dolphin: Brian Hartline
Final: 76REC 1016YDS 4TD
cddolphin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Training Camp news Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
It was Odrick, not Starks who saw the most snaps starting at DT today. Not sure it will always be this way but I think it shows Odrick has found his position and this team has a solid 3 man rotation with Rhandle waiting in the wings as well. I think we could lose one of either Starks or Soliai next offseason and not lose much to be honest and that money can go elsewhere with no top pick needing to be used on a DT.

Quite a number of us on this forum have been wanting him to have a more full time role at DT.
ovaw8lover

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phinsnation84 wrote:
Wallace reportedly dropped a few catchable passes today. Hope it is just the 1 day jitters

Probably not. He had the drops while with the Steelers as well. Guys we should prepare ourselves to be frustrated with the drops from Wallace. He will be Brandon Marshallesque in that regard.

I am trying hard not to have an opinion on Jordan yet since he has not lined up but he battled injuries at Oregon. To me this season with him should be a wash until he develops size wise.

I am really hoping Lance Louis can get healthy as he really help solidify that side of the line. My concern is health will be a deterrent in establishing sync with the line. I do not like this line with any part of John Jerry being a piece of it. He struggles to move laterally. I know he is down to 335 but I honestly feel he needs to be closer to 315-320.

Can care less if Pouncey ever says anything about the Hernandez hat. I hold no ill will towards him for wearing the hat. Hernandez was his boy and he was showing support. Not big news in my book. Especially considering he has not be proven guilty.
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Word was that Vernon Oliver had two sacks on Tannehill in the first day. The bad news is/was that the sacks came against Jeff Adams, who is likely to be either cut or 3rd string. Thats the thing about camp, if one player excels, its likely to mean someone else sucks or they are playing againt a guy that is not a starter. All the Brent Grimes talk has me excited, but it could simply speak to the poor play of our passing game. Until we play another team, I with hold judgement.
Phinsnation84

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
Phinsnation84 wrote:

Probably not. He had the drops while with the Steelers as well. Guys we should prepare ourselves to be frustrated with the drops from Wallace. He will be Brandon Marshallesque in that regard.

Settle down there, it was just the first day and everyone was dropping passes apparently. I still don't get why everyone hates on Marshall, sure he had his drops but remember that Henne was his QB. Marshall went to the pro bowl with a good QB in Matt Moore

ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on the first day of practice I say the team is doomed....3 - 13...overreactions be damned....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
Based on the first day of practice I say the team is doomed....3 - 13...overreactions be damned....

We'll be lucky to win a game!!!!!!!!!! 0-16 Sad

patdt13

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STOP IT RIGHT NOW BOTH OF YOU.

Xbox Live GT: With The Tide
bpastermack

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ovaw8lover wrote:
Phinsnation84 wrote:

I am trying hard not to have an opinion on Jordan yet since he has not lined up but he battled injuries at Oregon. To me this season with him should be a wash until he develops size wise.

I am really hoping Lance Louis can get healthy as he really help solidify that side of the line. My concern is health will be a deterrent in establishing sync with the line. I do not like this line with any part of John Jerry being a piece of it. He struggles to move laterally. I know he is down to 335 but I honestly feel he needs to be closer to 315-320.

Can care less if Pouncey ever says anything about the Hernandez hat. I hold no ill will towards him for wearing the hat. Hernandez was his boy and he was showing support. Not big news in my book. Especially considering he has not be proven guilty.

Other than last year, Wallace has had no problems with dropped balls, and even last year he only dropped 6 passes, so to call his drops a major ongoing problem is getting the facts wrong. The bigger question for me is how much of the route tree will he excel at. Will he be able to take advantage of his speed in a lot more ways than just going deep? Can he catch screens and take them the distance? Those sorts of things are much more of a question mark than his hands are.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wallace drops I have no problem with. It is the first day of camp and things will be shaky.

Jerry weighing in at 335lbs is not good. Means he has only lost 15lbs. Needs more to run in the ZBS.

Good day at camp though from everything I have heard.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and if my own son was arrested for such a terrible crime with that much evidence against him, then I'd never where a hat like that! It's insensitive to the family of the person killed.

Hernandez at the very least was involved in the murder, the only question is whether he pulled the trigger. Then he was completely uncooperative with the police and even flashed gang signals at photographers. That is not someone I support. I don't care if it's my own brother much less a former teammate, and to publicly do something so stupid when you are doing a job that little children and teenagers look up to, then supporting gang thugs is disgraceful no matter what your affiliation with that person is. It's wrong and stupid on every level, and the fact that Pouncey can't see that makes me question his character and his maturity not to mention his brains. It's one thing to do something stupid at a party, another entirely to be unapologetic about it afterwords.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad Pouncey didn't apologize. The only thing he should apologize for is if he offended anyone.

I think it is so dumb that players state their mind and then apologize or say they were hacked. Man up and stand by what you said. If you offended someone, apologize for offending them. Maurkice Pouncey didn't apologize for wearing the hat, he apologized that it looked bad. Obviously the hat probably wasn't in the best taste, but at the same time that is one of his best friends. Hernandez as of now is innocent until proven guilty. He probably will go to jail for a long time, but until he does he is technically innocent.

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
dolphinologist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="bpastermack"]
ovaw8lover wrote:
Phinsnation84 wrote:

/quote]

Other than last year, Wallace has had no problems with dropped balls, and even last year he only dropped 6 passes, so to call his drops a major ongoing problem is getting the facts wrong.

Confused

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look at the stats of Wallace drops over his career compared to the rest of the NFL you will find its way over blown.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: