Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles sign first round pick OT Lane Johnson
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 39783
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Eagles sign first round pick OT Lane Johnson Reply with quote

Quote:
#Eagles and first-round pick OT Lane Johnson agreed to contract terms per sources.


http://twitter.com/caplannfl/statuses/358772781946650624

Quote:
Per league source, Lane Johnson's four-year deal with the Eagles includes offset language.


http://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/statuses/358776082578669568


_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 39783
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Per league source, Lane Johnson's four-year deal with the Eagles includes offset language.


http://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/statuses/358776082578669568

Quote:
Top 10 picks yet to sign: 1, 6, 7, 9 and 10. Eagles and Dolphins getting their offsets have the ball rolling, though.


http://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/statuses/358776181438418945

Quote:
Last year, I believe Tannehill was the highest pick to have offset language in his deal, and he went eighth.


http://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/statuses/358776258097709057
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eagles_808


Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 27814
Location: California
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew Lane and his agent were going to cave in on the offset language.

Glad that its done. See ya on Monday.
_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Vindicatedxx


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 3093
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get yo a$$ in camp! YES great news!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nabbs4u


Moderator
Joined: 28 Jul 2007
Posts: 22517
Location: North Carolina Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now just stay healthy and adapt to the NFL quickly. I can't imagine what this offense could look like if this Oline stays healthy, gels and play together game in and game out like the Giants lines of a few years back. Consistency and Familiarity.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
eaglesfan10


Joined: 30 Jan 2009
Posts: 10009
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Now just stay healthy and adapt to the NFL quickly. I can't imagine what this offense could look like if this Oline stays healthy, gels and play together game in and game out like the Giants lines of a few years back. Consistency and Familiarity.


Unheard of around here lately.
_________________
Phire wrote:
Cooper will fight every Raider there.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 34656
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes!
_________________

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ninjapirate


Joined: 14 Jan 2005
Posts: 32964
Location: Vegas
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good we needed him in camp on time so that he could have no struggles winning the RT job.
_________________

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Was the dog eating the child?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Phire


Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 48359
Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get to work.
_________________

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bednarik60


Joined: 23 Mar 2007
Posts: 33180
Location: Jortland, Oregon<3
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no one cares, block some one or STFU.
_________________

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
mm6492


Joined: 19 Jan 2008
Posts: 23087
Location: The Valley of Happiness
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically was waiting on Dion Jordan as many expected.

Happy to get him in, him and Peters health/play is the key for the offense IMO. Bookend tackles we haven't had since Tra/Runyan.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hockey5djh


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 16102
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just me not wanting to do my own research. What exactly is "offset language" and why is/was it a big sticking point in the negotiations?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 39783
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hockey5djh wrote:
Just me not wanting to do my own research. What exactly is "offset language" and why is/was it a big sticking point in the negotiations?


Basically, under the new CBA teams can sign first round picks to 4-year deals with a 5th-year team option. What offset language means is that if the team chooses to release the player during his contract, like in year 4 and on year 4 he's due to make let's say $1 million, then they don't have to pay him that $1 million if he signs with a new team.

If there is no offset language like the players want it, then the player after been released from his team during year 4 of his rookie contract, can get a new salary from a new team he signs with and in addition his old team will still pay him his salary from his rookie contract.

Hope that's clear enough Laughing
_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hockey5djh


Joined: 08 Feb 2008
Posts: 16102
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Hockey5djh wrote:
Just me not wanting to do my own research. What exactly is "offset language" and why is/was it a big sticking point in the negotiations?


Basically, under the new CBA teams can sign first round picks to 4-year deals with a 5th-year team option. What offset language means is that if the team chooses to release the player during his contract, like in year 4 and on year 4 he's due to make let's say $1 million, then they don't have to pay him that $1 million if he signs with a new team.

If there is no offset language like the players want it, then the player after been released from his team during year 4 of his rookie contract, can get a new salary from a new team he signs with and in addition his old team will still pay him his salary from his rookie contract.

Hope that's clear enough Laughing


Basically it guarantees money in a release. Clear enough for me. Not sure why its such a sticking point in top 10 picks but hey, it is what it is. Thanks for the explanation Billy.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Billy Spikes


Joined: 12 Jul 2008
Posts: 39783
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote


_________________
#JDI
Official Roster Cutdowns Thread
All Time Top Ten Safeties Ranking
Tom Brady Tribute
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group