Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official 2013 Houston Texans Training Camp Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
So... with the news on Sharpton, I'm really, REALLY hoping the Texans will do something crazy like... trade a third day pick for Tavares Gooden, as an example. Our ILBs are awful outside of Cushing, whose issues go without saying.

It's not just ILBs, we only have 3 legit linebacker period and we need 4 starters and 2 back ups. They moved Reed back outside because neither of the rookies would step it up

We completely ignored ILB this off season and I'm convinced that's what cost us a super bowl trip

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
kenney wrote:
So... with the news on Sharpton, I'm really, REALLY hoping the Texans will do something crazy like... trade a third day pick for Tavares Gooden, as an example. Our ILBs are awful outside of Cushing, whose issues go without saying.

It's not just ILBs, we only have 3 legit linebacker period and we need 4 starters and 2 back ups. They moved Reed back outside because neither of the rookies would step it up

We completely ignored ILB this off season and I'm convinced that's what cost us a super bowl trip

Maybe we can luck out and sign a good ILB when teams start making their cuts in preseason, but yeah, we should have addressed ILB this offseason. Sucks that Authur Brown went 1 pick ahead of us in round 2.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think people overreact to the need at ILB. I don't trust Sharpton there but ILB2 is a part time position that should only see play on run-downs. We should have no problem getting a street FA to fill in that role if needed. Even B. Reed could eventually serve as a fill in there once the rookie OLBs start earning snaps.

That brings me to one thing I found interesting: Trevardo Williams says he is currently practicing at Sam OLB. There is a chance then that Braman is Mercilus backup and Montgomery is on the third string. I , and I think most of us, expected Williams to be practicing at Will with Montgomery at Sam on the second string.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depth is a major concern on defense. We have had major injuries to team captains the last two seasons or who knows what might have happened

Odds are that we will once again face some rough patches and have to rely on depth. Adding Williams, Montgomery, Swearinger and Jones were all great for the future of our D, but losing Barwin, Cody and Quinn is going to hurt

Not to mention our big joke of a splash with Reed. Not only is he at the age for a prime drop in production, hes coming off a pretty serious I jury for a guy in his mid 30s

I guess there isn't ever going to be a team without holes and we have to pick and choose where to spend our money, hopefully we get
3-4 years of solid play from our rookies on rookie contracts

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kubiak just said that Joseph looks better than he has ever seen him. A fully healthy J-Jo, one that we never had last year, could change the outlook of the defense.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAS22 wrote:
Kubiak just said that Joseph looks better than he has ever seen him. A fully healthy J-Jo, one that we never had last year, could change the outlook of the defense.

How sure can you be that he will stay healthy? Hes pretty injury prone.
CAS22

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ServantofYHWH wrote:
CAS22 wrote:

How sure can you be that he will stay healthy? Hes pretty injury prone.

I can't but he's never been fully healthy going into a season with us so that's a start.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunday Updates
https://twitter.com/PatDStat

Quote:
Alan Bonner made the catch of the day with a one handed leap on a deep ball. #Texans

Quote:
Rookie cornerback AJ Bouye had two interceptions today. He is separating himself from the younger corners. #Texans

Quote:
Antonio Smith dominated today on inside drills. Stopped three plays in a row. #Texans

Quote:
J.J. Watt vs. Duane Brown is a great matchup to watch. Both have their moments of getting the best of each other. #Texans

Quote:
OLB Willie Jefferson has made big strides. Has all the tools to be a pass rusher but holding up in the run game was an issue. #Texans

Quote:
David Quessenberry is a future piece of the Oline. He showed some serious strength in one on one pass pro. #Texans

Quote:
Once Brandon Brooks gets a hold of a pass rusher it's over. Has to work on his footwork to combat quicker Dlineman. #Texans

Quote:
Brooks vs. Watt was a great match up. Once Brooks can anchor he can stop anything, held his own against Watt. #Texans

Quote:
RB Dennis Johnson really made an impression with his overall strength. He can deliver a blow in pass pro. #Texans

Quote:
Quarterbacks once again looking sharp. The entire group has thrown well. #Texans

Quote:
NT Earl Mitchell was making plays majority of the day. He is a good compliment to the DEs next to him. #Texans

Quote:
Hard not to like what Kareem Jackson has done. Always around the football and his playing with a high level of confidence. #Texans

Quote:
RB Dennis Johnson really made an impression with his overall strength. He can deliver a blow in pass pro. #Texans

Quote:
ILB Mike Mohamed had an interception today on a tipped ball. Rookie NT Chris Jones creates the pressure for the bad throw. #Texans

Quote:
D.J. Swearinger is not afraid to play inside the box. He will mix it up and make plays. #Texans

Quote:
DeAndre Hopkins showed some life today. Finally back to making catches and is gaining some continuity with Schaub. #Texans

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAS22 wrote:
Sunday Updates
https://twitter.com/PatDStat

Thanks CAS!
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an article i read that im not sure whether its an insult or a compliment

its about top questions facing contenders, they mention the Pats, Ravens, Broncos, Falcons, Seahawks, Packers and 49ers

so i dont know if they dont see us as a contender or dont see us as having many questions Confused

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sportscenter is live at Texans camp today, Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercilus has a slight hammy strain after the AM session this morning. My boy and UDFA Willie Jefferson got some of his 1st team reps!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we need joe mays

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must have been dreaming. ESPN did coverage on the Texans? Shocked Laughing

Quote:
we need joe mays

Agreed. His injury concerns scare me, but he could be a solid 2 down run stopper for us and it makes our ILB depth a little better even though we are thin at the position. His coverage skills are bad, but that is not why we would need him. He simply lays the wood.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
I must have been dreaming. ESPN did coverage on the Texans? Shocked Laughing

Quote:
we need joe mays

Agreed. His injury concerns scare me, but he could be a solid 2 down run stopper for us and it makes our ILB depth a little better even though we are thin at the position. His coverage skills are bad, but that is not why we would need him. He simply lays the wood.

I DVRed it, because I was in shock.

So what's this story on Sharpton? He got hurt while riding a dolphin, when another dolphin came in to get some and knocked him off......lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: