Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official 2013 Houston Texans Training Camp Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
treece300e

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our 3rd round seems pretty wasted at this point.

John McClain wrote:
Brennan Williams, first pick in third round, was injured in 2nd practice at rookie minicamp.

https://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL/status/359783407573671938

John McClain wrote:
Texans, 3rd-rd picks off to slow start. Williams on PUP and LB Sam Montgomery woefully out of shape.

https://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL/status/359783665749860352

Every team is bound to have a few, but it sucks when we had two 3rd round picks and may get little to no production from them this year. I know that the draft isn't always about getting players to contribute immediately, and Williams and Montgomery still have plenty of time to prove themselves, but I was really hoping that they could have made an impact this year. I know these things happen, and we can't always predict the future, but it sucks knowing that Brandon Williams (DT) went five picks after our Brennan Williams and could have competed with Earl Mitchell for starting time.

While I know our compensatory pick of Montgomery was "playing with house money" as someone (Apollo?) described, it is hard to look at some of the players like Alex Okafor, Barrett Jones, Ryan Nassib, Khaseem Greene, and B.W. Webb (just to name a few) still left on the board. I was always intrigued at the potential of Montgomery, but players that have a hard time getting motivated in college and preparing for the biggest interview of their lives (NFL Draft), just don't sit right with me.

Can't change anything about the draft now, nor could we have predicted the future, so that's why I'm just pouting about it on a message board. Twisted Evil
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Montgomery Im not worried about. He should be able to get in shape soon. That's why we having training camp and preseason. Williams is just on the PUP list for training camp and preseason. Good thing we drafted Quessenberry in the later rounds, who some felt had 3rd round talent.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think we drafted williams with the plan of having him "earn" the starting RT job.....oh well
Carrer marks:
992 catches 13,381 yards 63 TDs
CAS22

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Jamison has been cleared, huge news. Now have Watt, Smith, Jamison, Crick as a very solid four man end group.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andre Johnson said Ed Reed told him that he will be ready for week 1 against the Chargers. That's good news to hear!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJ on Montgomery, "We had a talk, he'll be alright"

No way you can come in and slack off in this locker room!

^CalhounLambeau on the sick sig^

Adopt-A-Texan 2014-2015
DJ "Swaggg" Swearinger
62 tot, 2 int, 1 sck, 3 ff, countless missed tackles
mse326

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Williams and Montgomery have passed their physical exams and are now active. -per Pancakes

#JDI
CAS22

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mse326 wrote:
Both Williams and Montgomery have passed their physical exams and are now active. -per Pancakes

See, already active before the start of camp. Not missing a practice.
kenney

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had space for two more people on the roster? Does anyone know anything about Mack or Muir?

I, for once, wish we'd actually do these camp-time signings of people who actually stand the chance to benefit the team.
jch1911

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenney wrote:
We had space for two more people on the roster? Does anyone know anything about Mack or Muir?

I, for once, wish we'd actually do these camp-time signings of people who actually stand the chance to benefit the team.

Quote:
Special teamer Mack worked out for the Texans last month. He appeared in seven games with the Saints in 2012. Muir, 29, played in three games with the Jets last season. Both players are nothing more than veteran depth.
per rotoworld
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAS22 wrote:
Tim Jamison has been cleared, huge news. Now have Watt, Smith, Jamison, Crick as a very solid four man end group.

This is outstanding news provided Jamison can return to the same level of play he was at before the injury. I really liked his level of play before the injury and the quality depth that he provides the team.

Also very happy to see that Brennan Williams and Montgomery wont' be missing any camp time that is so important to rookies. Very good news.
Grasspike

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAS22 wrote:
mse326 wrote:

See, already active before the start of camp. Not missing a practice.

Not missing a practice and being physically prepared to excel during camp are two entirely different things. It's also still to be determined whether he'll miss snaps he would have otherwise taken for being winded, as well as whether he avoids any injuries that could come from not adequately preparing his body for the season.

Sig by matthouston91
LORK 88

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked through training camp photos out of boredom and was floored when I saw Brandon Brooks. You can definitely tell he's in a lot better shape. It's like night and day comparing how he looked as a rookie. Hopefully he can lock up the RG spot.

ADOPT-A-TEXAN: CJ "Polish Hat" Fiedorowicz
CAS22

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LORK 88 wrote:
I looked through training camp photos out of boredom and was floored when I saw Brandon Brooks. You can definitely tell he's in a lot better shape. It's like night and day comparing how he looked as a rookie. Hopefully he can lock up the RG spot.

He's been getting all the first team reps throughout the offseason. Brooks has All-Pro potential, a 330 pound truck that can move like a tackle.
kenney

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... with the news on Sharpton, I'm really, REALLY hoping the Texans will do something crazy like... trade a third day pick for Tavares Gooden, as an example. Our ILBs are awful outside of Cushing, whose issues go without saying.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: