Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wesley Woodyard
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elliot878

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
Who cares it's the offseason he can do what he want.

No. Like mke1010 said, having a reality show portends bad judgement, vanity and self-absorbstion.

Tell Von he can do whatever he wants in the offseason, look where that's gotten us.

It hasn't had any bad effect whatsoever on the team, so how can we say it portends bad judgement, vanity, and self-absorption. Those are pre-conceived notions that plenty of people have about people who do reality shows. Most people on these reality shows have shown that type of behavior, but to this point, Decker has not, and to say he has is unfair, the guy is well loved and this has had zero effect on the team or Decker to this point.

If he chases money do you blame it on the show? Or is he doing what every single pro who hits the open market would do coming off their rookie contract? Your first contract you take care of family, friends, have some fun with that money. Your second contract is in your prime, that is your future. Your last contract is usually the one you take a discount to chase a title. Kinda how the business works. If he does nothing wrong and this has no ill effects on the team, and he chases money - you guys blame the show , kinda laughable when every player in his position would, and should chase the money.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
Who cares it's the offseason he can do what he want.

No. Like mke1010 said, having a reality show portends bad judgement, vanity and self-absorbstion.

Tell Von he can do whatever he wants in the offseason, look where that's gotten us.
Decker has not done anything illegal and has been helping with football camps that's a stupid comparison.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not saying that anything Decker is doing is "wrong" or that it's distracted him from being a good player. It just doesn't sit well with me, which I what I said originally, that I don't know how I feel about him given his decision to star in a reality show.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
elliot878

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
I'm not saying that anything Decker is doing is "wrong" or that it's distracted him from being a good player. It just doesn't sit well with me, which I what I said originally, that I don't know how I feel about him given his decision to star in a reality show.

I kind of have the same pre-conceived notion that you have about people who do reality shows. And to your credit, most prove that notion correct. I haven't seen that kind of attitude from Decker before the show, and to this point havent seen it either, so until he proves he has this attitude, I can't hold anything against him.

I also can't lump him into the primadonna category either. He came into that show not for being a loudmouth baby of a receiver like other NFL receivers (ocho and TO) but more because of who he married. He didn't get the show based on his popularity or antics the way TO and ocho did, he hasn't ever had that babied receiver attitude that we see so often. He got it as a relative unknown to the common fan.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I generally dislike people who do reality shows, and to that end Decker is no different. However, he is not the same type of person like T.O and Ochocinco who clearly had other things in mind for their shows. It was, as AAA correctly said, shameless self promotion.

In Decker's case, it's a bit different, because the promotion is for his wife. She needs this for her career more than Decker does for his, and I think any of us would move mountains if Jessie James was our wife/girlfriend and asked us to do something, so I can't necessarily hold it against him. As long as it doesn't effect his play as a Bronco, I won't mind.

As far as Decker v. Woody, I think Decker probably means more to the team, but truthfully, I have no idea who we'll keep. Logic, though, would dictate Decker, if he was cheaper, because we have a current seemingly capable LB backup in Danny Trevathan.

Thanks, Tzimisce
AKRNA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:

I'm with ya on the reality shows.

In Alaska they're getting ridiculous. Anything in the bush, fishing, you name it. If it says Alaska they want to film it.

Had a buddy last year that helped a friend of his haul some building material for a cabin in Petersville (hardly the bush). Turned out they were making a reality show. Wanted shots of guys hauling freight on snowmachines. Hearin' Jack tell it is hysterical. Totally orchestrated stuff.

Quick example: They spent 10 minutes getting a machine and sled stuck so they could film them getting it out.

When they got it out the director told them to start yelling, cheering and generally whooping it up. Jack asked why. Director told him "because you're glad it's out!" Jack replied, "sorry, I'm still pissed it got stuck!"

They only used him one day.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

I'm with ya on the reality shows.

In Alaska they're getting ridiculous. Anything in the bush, fishing, you name it. If it says Alaska they want to film it.

Had a buddy last year that helped a friend of his haul some building material for a cabin in Petersville (hardly the bush). Turned out they were making a reality show. Wanted shots of guys hauling freight on snowmachines. Hearin' Jack tell it is hysterical. Totally orchestrated stuff.

Quick example: They spent 10 minutes getting a machine and sled stuck so they could film them getting it out.

When they got it out the director told them to start yelling, cheering and generally whooping it up. Jack asked why. Director told him "because you're glad it's out!" Jack replied, "sorry, I'm still pissed it got stuck!"

They only used him one day.

That's hilarious Laughing

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
by Joe_is_the_best
Cutler06

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paying WW $3.5M is not a bad salary, he's tradable IMO

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
hibdib31

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, Lance Briggs signed a 3-year/$17.5M deal last offseason.

Given Briggs is a more proven player, I think AAA's suggestion of a 3-year deal at $5M/year is fair.

I thing Woodyard is a good player for the Broncos, bringing the vocal leadership to the defense and a personality in the locker room. I'd love for Woodyard to remain a Bronco, but the front office will be reserving money for future extensions/new contracts for the premier players.
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like LB's, especially ones that to not get after the passer at a high rate, are being re-signed for reasonable amounts. I certainly see 3 years/15M as a very decent contract for WW.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibdib31 wrote:

Given Briggs is a more proven player, I think [b]AAA's suggestion of a 3-year deal at $5M/year is fair.[/b]
I thing Woodyard is a good player for the Broncos, bringing the vocal leadership to the defense and a personality in the locker room. I'd love for Woodyard to remain a Bronco, but the front office will be reserving money for future extensions/new contracts for the premier players.

I'm pretty sure he was referencing an offer to Decker, not WW.
hibdib31

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
hibdib31 wrote:

Given Briggs is a more proven player, I think [b]AAA's suggestion of a 3-year deal at $5M/year is fair.[/b]

Yeah, looks like you're right. Still, I think the mentioned contract would be fair for Woodyard.
germ-x

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hibdib31 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
hibdib31 wrote:

Yeah, looks like you're right. Still, I think the mentioned contract would be fair for Woodyard.

That wouldn't be a bad deal for Woodyard and while Briggs is aging, he is or has been one of the best LB's in football for quite a few years. Wesley Woodyard isn't anywhere near Briggs level.

I like Woodyard, but he is expendable.
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woodyard is the most overrated Bronco player.
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
Woodyard is the most overrated Bronco player.
Someone had to take up DJ's mantle Laughing

People overrate the linebacker positions, unless its a Miller or Willis or Ware finding production out of those positions isn't that difficult. Finding a very good #2 WR who is good in the red zone is hard to replace and maybe King could be that but do we really want to put Osweiler in a position of having DT has his only weapon?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: