Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles Forum - Ranking the Roster #1 - Jason Peters
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
AZ_Eaglesfan wrote:
IMO, the argument for Peters is weak. Saying that his absence caused Shady's struggles is absolutely ridiculous. He is a left tackle, his main job is to protect the QB, not run blocking. Also, our whole line was hurt last year, so saying Peters absence was the one that made the difference in McCoy's production makes no sense. Peters is a good starting LT. Maybe even top 5, but he is certainly not the best LT in football, not even close. Give me the 25 year old playmaker over the older lineman that is coming off two major injuries.

Thank you.

Sorry but both of you are severly undervaluing what Peters brings to the running game if you believe the above. Let alone as a pass protector. If the entire arguments against Peters is based solely on the unknown of his health from the surgery, that's fine. However anything down playing how important he is/was to McCoy's success when rushing to his side should be discarded. In 2011 the only LT better then Jason Peters was Joe Thomas, period. If indeed he is able to return to that status he without a doubt is the best player on the Eagles. As special as Shady is, RB are a dime a dozen and can be replaced much easier. Dominate left tackles can not. That there is the difference. If anything last season proved both my points with the plug and play of Bryce and Bell.

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/article-1/Three-And-Out-Tackle/5faac7f1-1195-4145-b677-7408059a9a08

Quote:
Peters and running back LeSean McCoy are the only two players on offense to have ever earned first-team All-Pro honors. But not even McCoy can fulfill his potential unless Peters is on the field. In McCoy's All-Pro 2011 campaign, he rushed 74 times to the left side of the field for 368 yards and six touchdowns with Peters paving the way, according to Pro Football Focus. Last year, McCoy rushed 37 times for 119 yards and no touchdowns to the left side, per Pro Football Focus. The Eagles realized the situation. In 2011, the Eagles ranked sixth in the NFL in rushes to the left side, per Stats Inc. Last year, they fell to 13th, per Stats Inc

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 5 Gm/ 25 Rec/ 429 Yds/ 4 TD/ 17.2 YPC/

Last edited by Nabbs4u on Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
nlesthought

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
So far it's Peters 10, McCoy 7 and Henry 1. [Unless nlesthought wants to change his vote Laughing]

This is why you'll never be one of us...

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
nlesthought

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:
Fact is, he's still a Kicker. Shouldn't crack the top 5.

He shouldn't even be on the list. If a kicker is one of your top 20-30 football players, your team has serious talent issues.

I believe you mentioned this before.

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care what he did in the past. That's not what I'm arguing. If Peters were healthy, I would probably agree with putting him at #1.

But I'm not putting a guy with a double achilles tear who hasn't played football in over a year as the best player on this team entering the 2013 season.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henery then... whatever.

Tom Brady Tribute
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
I don't care what he did in the past. That's not what I'm arguing. If Peters were healthy, I would probably agree with putting him at #1.

But I'm not putting a guy with a double achilles tear who hasn't played football in over a year as the best player on this team entering the 2013 season.

A lot of people had that same mindset/opinion of AP coming back 6 months removed from major Knee surgery last year as well. Myself being one of them. Still doesn't mean he wasn't the best player on their roster. It's like saying the same thing this year for the Redskins and RGIII. Until he is proven "unhealthy", he just is!!

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 5 Gm/ 25 Rec/ 429 Yds/ 4 TD/ 17.2 YPC/

Last edited by Nabbs4u on Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Phire wrote:

A lot of people had that same mindset/opinion of AP coming back 6 months removed from major Knee surgery last year as well. Myself being one of them. Still doesn't mean he wasn't the best player on their roster. It's like saying the same thing this year for the Redskins and RGIII. Until he is proven "unhealthy", he just is!!

I think it should be the other way around. Until he proves he's still the same player he was before the injury, we can't just go ahead and call him that he is, in fact, the best player on this team.

That uncertainty should be the main factor why we put McCoy over Peters, doing the opposite is completely illogical.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the reason Phire just eluded to, I have McCoy as our #1 player too.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll create the next thread tomorrow, if Peters still has the majority of the votes I'll skip this to thread number 3 and give Shady the number 2 spot.
Tom Brady Tribute
WhackyPlague

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCoy
superman8456

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Peters. Also, I really don't see that many better LTs than Jason Peters. Simply put, he is a dominant, dominant player, who has proven himself time and again against the best pass rushers (Demarcus Ware, Osi, etc.)
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peters

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
McNabbMcFadden

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Henery then... whatever.

Do you have a whole library full of JLaw gifs? It's really starting to get creepy Billy. Laughing
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
Henery then... whatever.

Do you have a whole library full of JLaw gifs? It's really starting to get creepy Billy. Laughing

All you need to do is this - https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=Jennifer%20Lawrence%20GIFs&oe=utf-8&channel=suggest&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=xqzqUb_HOYjotQbF4IBA&biw=1280&bih=816&sei=yazqUerSCcTptQa91YHgDw

Tom Brady Tribute
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway, time to move on from this thread. LT Jason Peters has been selected number 1.

*As i mentioned I'm going ahead and giving the number 2 spot to RB LeSean McCoy because he will undoubtedly get that spot based on the voting.
Tom Brady Tribute

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: