Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The New and Improved Bears Pick 'Em

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: The New and Improved Bears Pick 'Em Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I'm planning on running the Pick 'Em Challenge again this year. In previous years it has been difficult and time consuming to submit your picks, which has, in my opinion, limited participation. It was also highly time consuming last year for me to score the picks at the end of each previous week.

I'm happy to announce that I've solved one of these issues.
I'm sad to announce it's not the one that would make things easier for me.

This year, I'm planning to have everyone submit their picks each week thru a Google Form. I have set up a sample week 1 form here:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/166JeZh-qWvJg4M2u4D2-6aNmEgEXdL9DOX6dYXcht1I/viewform

so that everyone can get acquainted. Once you give your answers and submit, you'll be taken to a screen where the breakdown of answers for each question are given. If you wish to see everyone's individual answers, click "View All Responses" near the top of the screen. This will take you to a spreadsheet where you can view everyone's answers, but not edit them. If you CAN edit them, please let me know, as that's not how it's supposed to be.

I'm excited to hear your feedback for this newly updated version of an always fun forum game.

Last year, participation dwindled through the year... I'm still trying to come up with an incentive for people who have missed a week or two to continue playing. Last year, for the first week you missed, we gave you the average score minus two. Did people like this?

Also happening last season we introduced the Bears Playoff Pick 'Em, a new, fresh, and unique tournament style format for the top players from the regular season. I plan to have this again, as well as expand it if participation in the game is larger than it has been in the past.

Again, please submit feedback to me as a comment to the post in regards to how you feel about the new submission method. I certainly find it easier, and cleaner. Though I suspect some of you post count whores won't like it very much.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/166JeZh-qWvJg4M2u4D2-6aNmEgEXdL9DOX6dYXcht1I/viewform

RIP Stylish
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I figured out a way to have them self-score at the end of the week. BRING IT ON, EVERY TEAM SUBFORUM ON FF

RIP Stylish
DABEARSLCF04

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks sweet man. Looks like its set up great.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to update my sig Wink

SOCalBearsFan54

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great set up chisox!! I will definitely take part.

2013 Adopt a Bear: LT Jermon Bushrod#74
MonsterCityGHS

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done.
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do they run one of these over in NFL General? I'm thinking about running a second one over there.

RIP Stylish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: