Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Urlacher doesnt want Bears to win Super Bowl

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bowler1215

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Urlacher doesnt want Bears to win Super Bowl Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000218658/article/brian-urlacher-doesnt-want-bears-to-win-super-bowl

Someone sounds bitter. He's rooting for us to win, but not the whole thing. Rolling Eyes
IronMike84

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"They better not win the championship without me, 'cause then I'll be really pissed."

Just sounds like he's joking to me.
Sugashane

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could understand how he feels to a degree. He spent his entire career among Angelo's pathetic drafting and Lovie's inability to hire a competent OC. He lead a top defense and at one point was arguably the best defensive player in the NFL, and never had any help from the other side of the ball. Now there is an offensive coach and a new GM that he believes low-balled him, and there is a chance for offensive success while maintaining the defensive scheme that has been very successful.
The march for 2,000 All Purpose Yards
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IronMike84 wrote:
"They better not win the championship without me, 'cause then I'll be really pissed."

Just sounds like he's joking to me.

Pretty clearly…and even if he wasn’t what in Urlacher’s past with the media suggests he isn’t going to tell the truth? If you asked every retired player whose team won the SB the year after they hung them up the same question you would get the same answer from 90% of them…at least.
RidiculousJames

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like tongue in cheek to me. I think it would be a case of half happy for his teammates, half gutted he wasn't playing in the Superbowl winning team. Just my two cents anyway, can't predict his thoughts and doubt we go all the way anyway! Laughing
2014 Adopt-a-Bear: FS #45 Brock Vereen
Tackles: 0 || Interceptions || Forced Fumbles: 0
SOCalBearsFan54

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's just being his joking self. Not a big deal at all.

2014 Adopt a Bear: WR Brandon Marshall #15
Rec- Yards- TDs- Yac-
MonsterCityGHS

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Urlacher is a Bear for life we know he loves Chicago.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000218957/article/jay-cutler-understands-brian-urlachers-comments

Quote:
Jay Cutler was asked Thursday about his former teammate's comments, and as you would expect most NFL players to respond, he said he can empathize with Urlacher.

"I don't blame him, I think if I had just retired, I'd probably be in the similar boat," Cutler said, per Comcast SportsNet Chicago. "You miss the game, you obviously wish everyone well, if your team does go the distance, you wish you were right there with him. I can't blame him."
TexasBearsFan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard it and I don't think he's joking at all. And if he's not, I understand where he's coming from. I heard Carmen and Jurko talking about it, and I agree with what Jurko had to say. Brian'd would be mostly happy that his teammates won the Super Bowl, but part of him would be upset and, probably, jealous that he wasn't there with them.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexasBearsFan wrote:
I heard it and I don't think he's joking at all. And if he's not, I understand where he's coming from. I heard Carmen and Jurko talking about it, and I agree with what Jurko had to say. Brian'd would be mostly happy that his teammates won the Super Bowl, but part of him would be upset and, probably, jealous that he wasn't there with them.

That's reality for any athlete though. Bottom line is that if he's mad at anyone in that situation it should be himself - he had a fair market offer to return and he turned it down. He had the option for one more run and he passed. Any jealousy after that is just sour grapes IMO.

Also, to be fair if the Bears do go on to win the SB this year there is a very good chance that Brian's replacement, either Williams or Bostic, is a big factor in that.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All in all, I say the fans need to leave the guy alone. I have never been a fan of the vilification of Urlacher that has been going on since 2007. The guy played his [inappropriate/removed] off for the city; nobody should trying to make him out to be a bad guy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: