Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TRaining Camp Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigschmadt00

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mongo wrote:
chiefs82 wrote:
Disappointed Commings broke his collarbone. Hopefully he can come back in time for the home opener.

Unfortunately they may put him on IR only because they won't want to carry a late pick on the active roster who's missed training camp.

Or they could PUP him for the first 6 weeks. I doubt he gets a season long IR unless there's something majorly wrong. Most 4th round d picks make the team and play as Rooks especially if they fit the STs unit.

^ryknowssd on the sig
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
PhillyChief wrote:
Apparently there wasn't a single run play called in practice so far during the rookie sessions. I like it. Not only does it give us an idea of what we're trying to do as a WCO, but it gives the young members of the D more reps to practice against the pass as much as possible.

IMO the only run first teams we play this year are the Browns, Texans and Titans (Of course, there's RG3 too). There's going to be a lot of nickle and dime packages out there all season for us.

Kniles Davis is dissapoint

How come why for you say dat?

Also, it's "Knile", not "Kniles".

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
simonwayne

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ryknowssd wrote:
simonwayne wrote:
PhillyChief wrote:
Apparently there wasn't a single run play called in practice so far during the rookie sessions. I like it. Not only does it give us an idea of what we're trying to do as a WCO, but it gives the young members of the D more reps to practice against the pass as much as possible.

IMO the only run first teams we play this year are the Browns, Texans and Titans (Of course, there's RG3 too). There's going to be a lot of nickle and dime packages out there all season for us.

Kniles Davis is dissapoint

How come why for you say dat?

Also, it's "Knile", not "Kniles".

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Was that english? Laughing

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
HiccupGuy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryk and Simon you both hurt my head....

ryknowssd on the sig.
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

simonwayne wrote:

True dat. Whatever when is.

J

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I can think right now is...

"What, me fail English...that's unpossible." - Ralph Wiggam

Sucks for Cummings as I really expected him to push Lewis right out of the gate. I'm also not to worried about the "no run plays thing, and really don't think it's an indication of Davis'...but more so what we're starting out with.

Quote:
I liked this part... really want to see more deep passes, as while Alex has a fine deep ball accuracy %... he has stuck far more to the shorter, high % passes. Either way can obviously work... but I still want to see 4 or 5 deep shots per game.

9er I know you're new to our team so I'll clue you in on this little diddy, last year a deep ball was anything over 5 yards. And I'm not sure Cassel completed anything over 10.

Props to Loto...the guy does great work
marnz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donnie avery is our only deep threat

It will be hard to go deep this year
jimmydee

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but with what it was before that happen with all the other stuff and especially the ball is now different because of that most of it.

So there. Hope that clears it all up..... Wink
chiefs82

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moeaki said he's 100% now and the injury he recently had was just something he didn't take care of at end of season. The TE battle Will be fun to watch with a healthy Moeaki/Fasano/Kelce.

2013 Adopt-A-Chief: #82 Dwayne Bowe, WR
Rec:57/Yards:673/TD's:5/Avg per:11.8
chiefs82

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Via 610, Clayton says Fisher Will sign today.

2013 Adopt-A-Chief: #82 Dwayne Bowe, WR
Rec:57/Yards:673/TD's:5/Avg per:11.8
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marnz wrote:
Donnie avery is our only deep threat

It will be hard to go deep this year

Don't kid yourself. Bowe is a deep threat and Baldwin should be. They are not burners, though Baldwin has speed to go with the size. The important thing is that they can get open past the linebacker drops.

Keeping the QB upright that long is another issue.

J

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steadypimpin wrote:

Why to the bolded? You can't blame everything on everyone else. Alex has to take some of that blame for his play on the field. Plus, in 2006 he had mediocre stats and Gore rushed for 1695 yards. He should have done more when every team was stacking the box against Gore. I think he's average but he's not a SF 49er anymore. I'll be interested to see how he does in KC this year.

It’s the common MO of Chiefs fans. For example, last year’s Chiefs were a Super Bowl squad had it not been for stupid Matt Cassel and icky Romeo Crennel. “Why, we had 5 Pro Bowl players!” Forgetting the fact that most of the other players were sub-par.

Now we’re poised to see mediocre Alex Smith elevated to superstardom under the expert tutelage of QB miracle worker Andy Reid. Why? “Well, because Alex floundered due to the poor coaching he’s received.” It couldn’t possibly have anything to do with the fact he is a marginal talent.

The problem with most Chiefs fans is they’re jaded by years of futility. They either counter that with blind homerism and scape goating or crass cynicism like me.
Mongo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Mongo wrote:
chiefs82 wrote:
Disappointed Commings broke his collarbone. Hopefully he can come back in time for the home opener.

Unfortunately they may put him on IR only because they won't want to carry a late pick on the active roster who's missed training camp.

Or they could PUP him for the first 6 weeks. I doubt he gets a season long IR unless there's something majorly wrong. Most 4th round d picks make the team and play as Rooks especially if they fit the STs unit.

Even if they've missed all of camp and 10 games (counting exhibition)? Not likely. I predict IR for him. It's not the end of the world. He'll be back next year.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Now we’re poised to see mediocre Alex Smith elevated to superstardom under the expert tutelage of QB miracle worker Andy Reid. Why? “Well, because Alex floundered due to the poor coaching he’s received.” It couldn’t possibly have anything to do with the fact he is a marginal talent.

He was a number 1 overall pick man, he has talent. While I agree you can't pick and choose what stats etc. make your point stronger while ignoring other things, it's hard to ignore that he's gotten considerable better under "better" coaching.

In terms of our homerism, heaven forbid the fans be excited, hopeful and try and find the positives, after what could very easily have been the worst season in our franchise's history.

I don't think we were/are a superbowl team. Not last year, not this year. I do however thing that we were a much better team than we were coached into being last year, and I feel like our team is improved. I think we should be better and could shock some people by making it into the playoffs. And honestly once you're in the playoffs ANYTHING can happen.

Props to Loto...the guy does great work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 5 of 16

Jump to: