You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Thread of SEC Football - Camp Daze
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NS922

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just found solid proof that Leonard Fournette will in fact be awesome for LSU: He's wearing #7, which is the same number worn by Tyrann Mathieu and Patrick Peterson. Heisman, here he comes!
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going through Gurley withdraw Sad

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
Garnet&Black

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
Garnet&Black wrote:
I'm gonna be honest, I don't think we will ever win a national title.

Also we are a middle of the road program. There's a huge difference between the word program and team I feel. We were a top 10 team last year, but we are not a top 10 program

I don't agree. Middle of the road is average to me. So unless you're definition is reliant on history, we're not a middle of the road program. We're not a powerhouse either. We're simply a good, competitive program right now. In the present, I think we're a top 25 program.

Although, this coming year is a bit more iffy.

As far as a National Title is concerned, I agree. But you never know. It'll really depend on the QB. If we luck into a great one, we could win one. But who really knows. Who knows how much longer Spurrier will be the coach or who they'll replace him with.

History is definitely involved in the ranking of our program.

I look at it this way, we are not an Elite program (Florida, Texas, OU, Bama, USC, Ohio State etc) after that is middle of the road (us, Mizzou, etc) then there are the just bad (New Mexico State, Rice, )

thanks to Jamison
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garnet&Black wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Garnet&Black wrote:
I'm gonna be honest, I don't think we will ever win a national title.

Also we are a middle of the road program. There's a huge difference between the word program and team I feel. We were a top 10 team last year, but we are not a top 10 program

I don't agree. Middle of the road is average to me. So unless you're definition is reliant on history, we're not a middle of the road program. We're not a powerhouse either. We're simply a good, competitive program right now. In the present, I think we're a top 25 program.

Although, this coming year is a bit more iffy.

As far as a National Title is concerned, I agree. But you never know. It'll really depend on the QB. If we luck into a great one, we could win one. But who really knows. Who knows how much longer Spurrier will be the coach or who they'll replace him with.

History is definitely involved in the ranking of our program.

I look at it this way, we are not an Elite program (Florida, Texas, OU, Bama, USC, Ohio State etc) after that is middle of the road (us, Mizzou, etc) then there are the just bad (New Mexico State, Rice, )

I just don't look at things in such a black and white way.

I think that putting such a big emphasis on history is a mistake and that only having three categories is a mistake.

There are programs emerging right now and former powerhouses that have been up and down. I think the present should be what matters.

I wouldn't call Baylor a middle of the road program right now but they're not elite or a powerhouse. Same for Oregon. Middle of the road to me is middle of the road. 5-8 win teams are middle of the road to me.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
I just don't look at things in such a black and white way.

I think that putting such a big emphasis on history is a mistake and that only having three categories is a mistake.

There are programs emerging right now and former powerhouses that have been up and down. I think the present should be what matters.

I wouldn't call Baylor a middle of the road program right now but they're not elite or a powerhouse. Same for Oregon. Middle of the road to me is middle of the road. 5-8 win teams are middle of the road to me.

IMO, the History of a program matters big time, but isn't the only thing (for example if this was the case we would be calling Army and Navy elite) but you also can't just look at 3-4 years of success and say they've made it.

Im just using us an example. We've had 3 straight years of 11 win seasons and no hardware to show for it. We aren't close to Elite, we are going through a good stretch, but as a program as a whole we are middle of the road. I feel the people that say "stop living in the past/dont put emphasis on history" are the fans that dont have it (our fans say that a lot, and although they are right in what happened 20 years ago wont determine the outcome of today's game, it's still a big factory in the prestige/ranking of a proram)

thanks to Jamison
thrILL!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At 6p eastern the SEC Network finally launches!!

Check your local listings, my fellow SEC compadres.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

GRINDIN' wrote:
No more late night Boggle with Paul Giamatti.
1King

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrILL! wrote:

At 6p eastern the SEC Network finally launches!!

Check your local listings, my fellow SEC compadres.

Oh, you guys finally got your own network?

About time.

Wink

*Will be watching*

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't come with Fios, so I'm gonna miss it

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
thrILL!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
Oh, you guys finally got your own network?

About time.

Wink

*Will be watching*

We figured we'd give back a share of all the ESPN's for the rest of the FBS. Wink

ROLL TIDE ROLL

GRINDIN' wrote:
devils1854

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cable is out right now, so I was trying to watch the network through watchESPN, and a thing came up saying that Time Warner subscribers do not have access to watchESPN at this time? What the hell? The freakin station is part of the package, and Time Warner is partnered with ESPN for watchESPN. This pisses me off.

#JDI
thrILL!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
Cable is out right now, so I was trying to watch the network through watchESPN, and a thing came up saying that Time Warner subscribers do not have access to watchESPN at this time? What the hell? The freakin station is part of the package, and Time Warner is partnered with ESPN for watchESPN. This pisses me off.

Unfortunately, I too am a TWC subscriber (long story, unhappy ending). I kept my eye on the clock and turned to the channel at the start time only to find "Call TWC to subscribe to this channel" Mad

It's prolly only $5/mo or something but considering the P12N isn't extra loot, I guess I assumed this would be too. Maybe if you haven't paid for this additional channel package, you can't use WatchESPN?

ROLL TIDE ROLL

GRINDIN' wrote:
thrILL!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The full opening segment for the launch:

http://youtu.be/ZRuNfHBHbKk

Goosebumps, guys. Shocked

ROLL TIDE ROLL

GRINDIN' wrote:
1King

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrILL! wrote:
devils1854 wrote:

Unfortunately, I too am a TWC subscriber (long story, unhappy ending). I kept my eye on the clock and turned to the channel at the start time only to find "Call TWC to subscribe to this channel" Mad

It's prolly only $5/mo or something but considering the P12N isn't extra loot, I guess I assumed this would be too. Maybe if you haven't paid for this additional channel package, you can't use WatchESPN?

*Sits in middle of B1G country*

*Had a seamless transition watching SEC Network*

Cool

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
thrILL!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
thrILL! wrote:
devils1854 wrote:

*Sits in middle of B1G country*

*Had a seamless transition watching SEC Network*

Cool

*Lives in Southern California

*A short drive to the Pacific Ocean, mountains or desert

*Won't be scraping snow and ice off my car in a few months

Cool

ROLL TIDE ROLL

GRINDIN' wrote:
Garnet&Black

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the SECnow.

Sorry but I don't care about Florida Gymnastics or Kentucky Womens Volleyball.

Although the SEC storied after that was pretty cool. (Darius Rucker is great)

thanks to Jamison

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: