Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Power Structure Article (Who is REALLY in charge?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skinsfanLA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Power Structure Article (Who is REALLY in charge?) Reply with quote

So NFL.com had a fantastic article (by Albert Breer) on how every single team in the league works from top to bottom. Who has the power, who has final say on personel, who reports to whom? etc...

The Redskins section really made me happy. Especially this:

Quote:
An outside perspective from an NFC executive: "The Redskins might have the most experienced brain trust of any team. Mike's very well-respected through the league, won multiple Super Bowls, very successful. And Bruce has been an Executive of the Year (with the Oakland Raiders in 2002), and he's known as a 'coach's GM,' and will do anything to help make sure things run smooth. And I think last year, with the quarterback trade, they showed they're willing to be bold. You just won't find a more experienced, well-versed coach/GM team than those two. And I don't think it's necessarily that Snyder's not as involved, as it is that he's found a pair he's very happy with. That's kind of the natural evolution for an owner, and you're seeing it there."

Now there's a lot we could discuss in this article, but the most striking thing to me is just how much respect our front office is getting by just changing out two guys. It seems like the rest of the league is starting to realize (as we did a few years ago) that this really isn't Dan Snyder's Washington Redskins Fantasy Football team anymore.

Our scouts haven't changed at all from the Vinnie days. But our tallent has dramatically changed. That change is due to two guys. Allen and Shanahan.

They finally put up the wall between the owners office and the locker room. They started making decisions based on what's best for the team and not for their jobs. They make smart decisions with money and they've taken this team from a disaster to a team on the rise in just a few short years.

I doubt this article will surprise any of you on the site, but it's funny how many people who aren't rabid Redskins fans don't understand that this isn't the team from 10 years ago.

For a little fun, go check out the Cowboys section. They have the same kind of problems we had 10 years ago. And it shows in the anonymous insider perspective.

The main point of this post is to show how we've gone from one of the most dysfunctional teams in the NFL to one of the teams "Doing it right" under the tutelage of Mike and Bruce.

I admit it....I was NOT happy when the Mike announcement was made. But dam if he hasn't earned my respect.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Ahhhh the old "unnamed source". It's been way too long, my very credible friend!
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! Now hopefully the "brain trust" can win a playoff game for the first time in 8 years!

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DCRED

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice writeup!

I Loved the Shanahan hiring from the start. And getting Allen was just ridiculous.

But Shanahan is totally my kind of coach. He is aggressive and goes for the throat. Has every right to have a "my way or the highway" approach. He invented his own Superbowl-winning Offense for crying out loud!! Players know how hard it is to win ONE Superbowl, and he got 2 back-to-back!. If you watched the Broncos/49ers back in the day you just had to believe that his Offense was ahead of its time...

Bringing ShanAllen here is a dream come true for me

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/greatestcoach19/greatest-coaches-nfl-history-mike-shanahan

Quote:
That's why we had success. The postseason wasn't treated any differently, so we didn't feel the pressure. His mindset was the same whether it was the first game of the year or the Super Bowl. That was a great quality that he still has.

Quote:
The other thing is he was very, very aggressive, and he wanted to win on the offensive and defensive side of the ball. A lot of coaches tried to sit back and win on defense. As a quarterback, why I liked Mike was he wanted to win it on the offensive side.
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:

But Shanahan is totally my kind of coach. He is aggressive and goes for the throat. Has every right to have a "my way or the highway" approach. He invented his own Superbowl-winning Offense for crying out loud!! Players know how hard it is to win ONE Superbowl, and he got 2 back-to-back!. If you watched the Broncos/49ers back in the day you just had to believe that his Offense was ahead of its time...

Bringing ShanAllen here is a dream come true for me

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/page/greatestcoach19/greatest-coaches-nfl-history-mike-shanahan

Quote:
The other thing is he was very, very aggressive, and he wanted to win on the offensive and defensive side of the ball. A lot of coaches tried to sit back and win on defense. As a quarterback, why I liked Mike was he wanted to win it on the offensive side.
This I admire. I hated Schottenheimer and Gibbs 2 played conservatively when it was a close game.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
FosterTheSkins

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah printing what most Redskins fans already knew; Shanahans running the show and Allen is his right hand man. After last season I have few complaints about the teams current set up.
Better run better run faster than RG3.
DCRED

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FosterTheSkins wrote:
Yeah printing what most Redskins fans already knew; Shanahans running the show and Allen is his right hand man. After last season I have few complaints about the teams current set up.

Well if you read the idiot comments Redskins fans leave after these articles, you'll see some people need to be told over and over again

Besides, I'd damn sure rather be reading positive reviews about our team than the one-sided bias we've listened to for YEARS!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: