You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4: Primetime Porpoise Killers MIA@NO 9/30
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Week 4: Primetime Porpoise Killers MIA@NO 9/30 Reply with quote

Two of the few 3-0 teams face off in a primetime Monday night matchup...

The Porpoises (3-0)

VS

The Porpoise Killing, New Orleans Saints (3-0)

Saints
Astros
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)
Fray32

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

didn't realize this was a primetime matchup. knocking off an undefeated team on monday night for the rest of the nfl to see? can you say statement game?

i r excite.

and also, surely this is/will be relevant to some degree:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojydNb3Lrrs

Laughing
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fray32 wrote:
didn't realize this was a primetime matchup. knocking off an undefeated team on monday night for the rest of the nfl to see? can you say statement game?

i r excite.

and also, surely this is/will be relevant to some degree:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojydNb3Lrrs

Laughing

I'm sure Miami will be preparing to make the same statement. Should be an amazing game Very Happy

#BRINGBACKRITA #FIREPAYTON
Spartica4Real

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm expecting a big day from our D-line. Miami has a terrible OL.

Over/Under for sacks is 4.

I'm taking over at 5.

Saints
Astros
Pelicans

PSN: The_SlayerSaint (PS4)
Deets

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is Nick Toon so terrible? I've been stashing him on my dynasty team since he was drafted expecting Drew Brees related awesomeness that has not happened. I demand that you explain yourselves.

FF Member #67
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deets wrote:
Why is Nick Toon so terrible? I've been stashing him on my dynasty team since he was drafted expecting Drew Brees related awesomeness that has not happened. I demand that you explain yourselves.

To be fair, I don't even think he has been targeted this season. He is far from terrible. But look who he has to compete with for targets: Jimmy Graham, Marques Colston, Lance Moore, Darren Sproles, Pierre Thomas, Kenny Stills, and even Meachem is back with whom he and Brees had a great report which we saw when his first catch in returning to the Saints was a big TD catch.

If I was anyone playing fantasy, I would not touch a Saints receiver that is named Graham or Colston. Sproles gets an exception in PPR leagues.

#BRINGBACKRITA #FIREPAYTON
Deets

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
Deets wrote:

To be fair, I don't even think he has been targeted this season. He is far from terrible. But look who he has to compete with for targets: Jimmy Graham, Marques Colston, Lance Moore, Darren Sproles, Pierre Thomas, Kenny Stills, and even Meachem is back with whom he and Brees had a great report which we saw when his first catch in returning to the Saints was a big TD catch.

If I was anyone playing fantasy, I would not touch a Saints receiver that is named Graham or Colston. Sproles gets an exception in PPR leagues.

Damnnit, I was hoping Moore and Colston were getting phased out in favor of a new generation. I have Graham in two redraft leagues and would trade my left nut to have him in dynasty. Unfortunately, my brother has him there and took both him and Gronk to monopolize the stud TEs. Mad

FF Member #67
Magnifico

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cameron Wake might be out of our game. Will be a big miss for the Dolphins if so, still expect the OT's, well Streif, to get abused but it's a player of his calibre missing a game is going to hurt at least a little.

I wonder if Brees will pick on their #2 CB like Ryan did with Julio pretty much all game.
Likewise I wonder which one of Clemons/Jones is going to attempt to cover Jimmy in man coverage. That said hopefully they stick a linebacker on him. Smile
Fray32

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe Brees avoid the token pick this game?

maybe thats an unrealistic expectation tho obviously im kidding
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm excited to see the Phins in prime time....I do think they drop this one, but keep it close and competitive. In the end Jimmy will do work and be the Phins killer.

Wake is most likely out this game....Hoping for some who missed against the Falcon game return to help fill the void left by Wake (I'm looking at you Big Paul....)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way to victory for the Saints should be obvious. The Dolphins suck at covering Tight Ends. I think the rest explains itself.

FF Member #67
Fray32

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViolentMonk71 wrote:
I'm excited to see the Phins in prime time....I do think they drop this one, but keep it close and competitive. In the end Jimmy will do work and be the Phins killer.

Wake is most likely out this game....Hoping for some who missed against the Falcon game return to help fill the void left by Wake (I'm looking at you Big Paul....)
thanks for knocking off the Falcons by the way, much appreciated.
krewe_dat_504

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fray32 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:

I almost wish we didn't have to play the Phins this week.
Fray32

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's something interesting, our defense has been on the field less than literally anybody else in the nfl.

we are a mere 3 weeks into the season, I realize, but its good that (I think) we're leading the league in average T.O.P despite the running game not performing to expectation. I think I speak for all of us when I say we're all more than pleased with the turn around our D has shown thus far into the season and they deserve a ton of credit. I think however our bulk defensive stats are a little inflated because they're on the field less than everyone else, I think if our offense didn't possess the ball as often as they have been, some of our defensive stats might regress closer to the mean (in the 10-15 range in some categories).

Reading that back, I feel like I'm discrediting the defense which isn't my aim. It's more symbiotic than that, defense is getting stops when they have to (only 35% of 3rd downs converted against us) and only 15% of opposing drives end in scores. We also haven't faced our best competition yet, but I can't fault the team for that.

I guess the point is... I like that the offense and defense seem to be working in harmony with one another. Not turning the ball over and playing proverbial 'keep away' and still playing aggressively and putting points up is helping out the defense, which is holding up its end of the deal too.
ViolentMonk71

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fray32 wrote:
ViolentMonk71 wrote:

Glad to help....you can repay us with a win over the Pats

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: