Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles sign OT Michael Bamiro to a 3-year deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stevec0008

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnnygunnz wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:
King Dunlap was big, we all know how that worked out.

Keep thinking the same thing. Also read that he blocked for a 3x 1000+ yd. rusher while he was at Stony Brook, so hopefully that means there is some kinda talent there.

The RB was Miguel Maysonet who we picked up as an UDFA, who was lef go last month before we signed Jones.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm excited to see what he has.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
rememberthevet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
rememberthevet wrote:
Well if last year showed us anything, it was that our backups on the O-line didn't deserve to be on an NFL roster, especially our backup tackles.

I'm glad to see us bringing in fresh talent, and quality blockers emerge out of nowhere more often than any other position. Sheeeeeeeete, Jason Peters was a backup TE!

Dennis Kelly did a good job for someone no one ever heard about pre draft. He is a capable back up.

He played decent at RG, but I don't think he played well at RT at all. He was way to slow off the snap, and I think that's why they had to switch him to RG. He is nowhere near athletic enough to play tackle in the NFL.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Source: The Eagles guaranteed $140,000 of Michael Bamiro's $405,000 2013 base & $107,100 in 2014. They obviously like the 6-8, 338-lb OT.

http://twitter.com/RoobCSN/statuses/357965144648716288
Tom Brady Tribute
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:
Source: The Eagles guaranteed $140,000 of Michael Bamiro's $405,000 2013 base & $107,100 in 2014. They obviously like the 6-8, 338-lb OT.

http://twitter.com/RoobCSN/statuses/357965144648716288
Sending a message to Lane Johnson. Laughing

Bamiro will make the final 53 or be on the Practice Squad.
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rememberthevet wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
rememberthevet wrote:
Well if last year showed us anything, it was that our backups on the O-line didn't deserve to be on an NFL roster, especially our backup tackles.

I'm glad to see us bringing in fresh talent, and quality blockers emerge out of nowhere more often than any other position. Sheeeeeeeete, Jason Peters was a backup TE!

Dennis Kelly did a good job for someone no one ever heard about pre draft. He is a capable back up.

He played decent at RG, but I don't think he played well at RT at all. He was way to slow off the snap, and I think that's why they had to switch him to RG. He is nowhere near athletic enough to play tackle in the NFL.

You have it backwards, he struggled at right guard but then played well when moved to right tackle.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Was the dog eating the child?
stevec0008

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night while failing to sleep and every thought was crossing through my mind, I realized that while signing a UDFA after the Supplemental Draft isn't a huge deal, I really like that our coaching staff is SO set on improving this team. I feel like they truly never do have a day off right now. I just like the mindset is really positive right now.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
rememberthevet wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:
rememberthevet wrote:

You have it backwards, he struggled at right guard but then played well when moved to right tackle.

You're right, I did have it backwards. He was at RT making great blocks when Bryce had those two big games, I thought he was playing RG for those. I think he's still suspect as a pass blocker against speed rushers though.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be surprised to see him playing OG. I can't imagine them tree trunk legs being able to kick slide vs speed rushers. #QDunlap

psn: nlesthought l Peppers90 on the sig

Bird Watch '13 - Placekicker #6 - Alex 'the podiatrist' Henery.
22/27 LNG 51yds; 42 XPs; 1 KOR TD given up.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised to see him playing OG. I can't imagine them tree trunk legs being able to kick slide vs speed rushers. #QDunlap

Hard for a 6-8 guy to play guard though so it's unlikely, a guy like Todd Herremans is rare to be able to play inside, and he's 6-6, not 6-8.
Tom Brady Tribute
nlesthought

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
nlesthought wrote:

Hard for a 6-8 guy to play guard though so it's unlikely, a guy like Todd Herremans is rare to be able to play inside, and he's 6-6, not 6-8.

I don't believe height factors into OG play. D. Kelly who's 6'8 played OG for us last yr. and did well. I was referring to the fact his lower body seems bigger. Granted I don't have tape to justify my hypothesis that he's not as quick in his lateral movement. He seems like he could be a road mover especially once he gets moving on I/O zone

Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
Billy Spikes wrote:
nlesthought wrote:

I don't believe height factors into OG play. D. Kelly who's 6'8 played OG for us last yr. and did well. I was referring to the fact his lower body seems bigger. Granted I don't have tape to justify my hypothesis that he's not as quick in his lateral movement. He seems like he could be a road mover especially once he gets moving on I/O zone

What i meant was that interior lineman are usually a lot shorter than DEs, they are usually 6-0 to 6-2 range and it's harder for tall guards to bend and get underneath them in order to push in the running game. That's why you rarely see really tall OGs in the NFL.
Tom Brady Tribute
JayAp07

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevec0008 wrote:
Last night while failing to sleep and every thought was crossing through my mind, I realized that while signing a UDFA after the Supplemental Draft isn't a huge deal, I really like that our coaching staff is SO set on improving this team. I feel like they truly never do have a day off right now. I just like the mindset is really positive right now.

Completely agree. I also like that they aren't panicking to improve the team either. They have been patient and getting good value this entire off-season. So happy that we didn't target a big ticket FA like Goldson, make a crazy Revis like trade, or handcuff ourselves by taking Geno or Manuel in the draft.

2013 Philadelphia Eagles NFC East Champs
nlesthought

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JayAp07 wrote:
stevec0008 wrote:

Completely agree. I also like that they aren't panicking to improve the team either. They have been patient and getting good value this entire off-season. So happy that we didn't target a big ticket FA like Goldson, make a crazy Revis like trade, or handcuff ourselves by taking Geno or Manuel in the draft.

How much input does our coaching staff give as far as identifying players from places such as small Stony Brook? I would like to think they have their hands full coaching players and finding innovative ways to coach up these players.

Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nlesthought wrote:
JayAp07 wrote:
stevec0008 wrote:

How much input does our coaching staff give as far as identifying players from places such as small Stony Brook? I would like to think they have their hands full coaching players and finding innovative ways to coach up these players.

This was a Howie Roseman and his staff find, not coaching. Chip has given the scout department and Howie exact criteria's for any player they as a FO want to bring in. None of the coaching staff are wasting their time scouting prospects/UDFA. Yes Kelly and the Oline coach were absolutely consulted before the signing but it wasn't until after all of the homework/info had been collected. This is really no different then a UDFA in the Andy Reid era being brought in for competition. Just whether or not Chips criteria for players acquired by Howies staff works out moving forward or not. Worse case he is a camp body and cut. Best case he is the future RT in a few years when Peters retires and Lane is moved to LT. Anything in between should be considered a good signing since it was for a minimal amount of money and as a UDFA.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: