Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bengals sign DE Carlos Dunlap to six-year, $40M deal
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Bengals sign DE Carlos Dunlap to six-year, $40M deal Reply with quote

Quote:
Bengals sign DE Carlos Dunlap to six-year deal with base value of $40 million.

http://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/statuses/356881662686138369

Quote:
Bengals give the long-term money that would have gone to DE Michael Johnson to DE Carlos Dunlap instead. Story coming at PFT.

http://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/statuses/356881536110444544

***Update***
Quote:
Dunlap, due to earn a base salary of $630,000 in 2013, will instead earn $18.7 million between now and 2014 training camp, and $20 million total over the next two seasons.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/15/bengals-do-long-term-deal-with-carlos-dunlap/
Tom Brady Tribute

Last edited by Billy Spikes on Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Close enough Billy, I'll take it.

Geno, Hall and Dunlap are the most important players on that defense. Glad we got two of them locked up long term, just need to sign Geno now...

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see him get signed. I hope he stays healthy finally, but sign Geno already

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
Close enough Billy, I'll take it.

I told you my powers are limited, i did what i could.
Tom Brady Tribute
johndeere1707

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunlap is gonna have a huge year

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

***Update***
Quote:
Dunlap, due to earn a base salary of $630,000 in 2013, will instead earn $18.7 million between now and 2014 training camp, and $20 million total over the next two seasons.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/15/bengals-do-long-term-deal-with-carlos-dunlap/
Tom Brady Tribute
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndeere1707 wrote:

As long as he stays healthy I agree. He is a monster when at 100%

TheVillain112

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:
johndeere1707 wrote:

As long as he stays healthy I agree. He is a monster when at 100%

Yup. He's been doing pilates, hopefully that keeps his legs healthy... Laughing

Orlovsky has too much experience here. Manziel doesn't stand a chance.
RedGreenShow

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. With Johnson walking it looks like Margus Hunt will play more this year than we think.
[quote="YoursTruly"]He doesn't get the ball because he is shut down. Zero seperation. It is my understanding that Elite WR should be able to do this when their number is called. AJ gets shut down relatively easy.[/quote]
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RedGreenShow wrote:
Nice. With Johnson walking it looks like Margus Hunt will play more this year than we think.

Johnson will not necessarily walk, nor will we necessarily let him. If we get Geno done this off-season, we could franchise Johnson again next year. That's a lot of money spent on the D-Line, but hey, Mike has now got to spend it somewhere.

Interesting that Dunlaps' deal was announced the day after the deadline for extending franchise tags into long term deals.

Looks like they had to bet on two horses, and chose #96 over #93.
theJ

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
RedGreenShow wrote:

Johnson will not necessarily walk, nor will we necessarily let him. If we get Geno done this off-season, we could franchise Johnson again next year. That's a lot of money spent on the D-Line, but hey, Mike has now got to spend it somewhere.

Interesting that Dunlaps' deal was announced the day after the deadline for extending franchise tags into long term deals.

Actually, this was announced about an hour after the deadline. I'm betting they offered this deal to MJ, and he turned it down. So it went to Dunlap instead. I don't mind. I think Dunlap is the better player anyhow, just a little more injury prone.

Also, i think the chances that MJ is franchised again is very slim. I also think it's a near 0% chance that he's signed next offseason. He's as good as gone. Use and abuse him this year, cuz he ain't coming back.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
LondonBengal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theJ wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
RedGreenShow wrote:

Actually, this was announced about an hour after the deadline. I'm betting they offered this deal to MJ, and he turned it down. So it went to Dunlap instead. I don't mind. I think Dunlap is the better player anyhow, just a little more injury prone.

Also, i think the chances that MJ is franchised again is very slim. I also think it's a near 0% chance that he's signed next offseason. He's as good as gone. Use and abuse him this year, cuz he ain't coming back.

I suspect you are right 'J', but I'm perhaps not as convinced that MJ93 is as good as gone yet.

With Geno to get done, and AJ and Dalton is the queue, I accept there might not be enough cap room to offer MJ93 another $12M+ even if they want to.
theJ

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LondonBengal wrote:
theJ wrote:
LondonBengal wrote:
RedGreenShow wrote:

I suspect you are right 'J', but I'm perhaps not as convinced that MJ93 is as good as gone yet.

With Geno to get done, and AJ and Dalton is the queue, I accept there might not be enough cap room to offer MJ93 another $12M+ even if they want to.

I don't think he's even worth it tbh. He's had one good year. The rest have been so-so. Consider that from 2009-2011 he was only a slightly better pass rusher than Robert Geathers (and a worse run defender). Why should he get $12mil/year?

I'd offer him about $6-8mil/year, with sack incentives that run him up to $10 in case he goes back to pre-2012 numbers.

Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as be can stay healthy, this is the right call. He is more talented than MJ, and Hunt fits better as a RE with his freakish athleticism, using this year to get broken in behind a starter. Expect a big year from MJ though, I'm a big believer in contact year.

Now, extend Geno and AJ ASAP

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw we offered MJ 5/40 and he turned since he is already making 12 this year. Then we turned around and gave Dunlap this deal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: