Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos OL Saulsberry Arrested for DUI
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Broncos OL Saulsberry Arrested for DUI Reply with quote

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23663616/quentin-saulsberry-adds-broncos-dui-problems-arrest-may

This is beyond ridiculous. The Broncos have allowed its employees to run rampant. This comes down to a lack of accountability within the organization. To have 1 employee let alone 3 employees busted for DUI's in 10 weeks is utterly unsat. What is worse is the organization condones their actions by refusing to do anything. They only take action when it is made public. The Broncos FO are a joke right now. It will come back to bit them eventually. This lack of accountability always does

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheesh.

I guess, like with Heckert, the leadership at Dove Valley knew of the arrest (which happened in May) and elected to hide it from the public.

The good news for the team is that this Saulsberry kid isn't any good, he's already been busted by the NFL for performance enhancing drugs. I do not understand why he was not released in May when the team learned of his arrest.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
paul-mac

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost want to say cut him but I can't because that would be inconsistent of my opinion of the Heckert/Russell situation.
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are primed for an Onion News story on the Broncos.
Looking forward to it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
I almost want to say cut him but I can't because that would be inconsistent of my opinion of the Heckert/Russell situation.

Why? Be pragmatic. No use of moral absolutes in this world. Cut the bench warmer and retain the two more important execs. If he's cut during preseason, nobody will question the Broncos' inconsistency because it cannot be directly tied to the DUI.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am probably the only one here that finds this kind of funny.
Cutler06

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bye bye Saulsberry...what a MORON !!

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.

Last edited by Cutler06 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't care that these guys like to drink. I mean, I love to drink...I drink a lot...sometimes...but I have a way to get home, or I just stay home and do have people over. That is just me.
mke1010

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:

Exactly how I feel. I think at this point just cut him when we make our cuts during training camp.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I the only one who is bothered by the fact that the organization has elected to try to keep these arrests hidden from the public?

I remember one of the things that changed, or was said it was going to change, post-Mac was the team would be more transparent. That lasted about a season-and-a-half I guess.

This circle-the-wagons, obfuscate, speak a lot but say very little, kind of garbage reminds me of the 2009-10 period and, I'm 99% certain, comes straight from Joe Ellis.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
Reaver

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
Am I the only one who is bothered by the fact that the organization has elected to try to keep these arrests hidden from the public?

I remember one of the things that changed, or was said it was going to change, post-Mac was the team would be more transparent. That lasted about a season-and-a-half I guess.

This circle-the-wagons, obfuscate, speak a lot but say very little, kind of garbage reminds me of the 2009-10 period and, I'm 99% certain, comes straight from Joe Ellis.

I do believe the organization has been more transparent than the Mac days, and that the transparency has been becoming more veiled as time as passed. People often straighten their act up, whether it's their job or personal life, when things start to crumble. I am more concerned how the front office will change and react to these situations than how they have acted thus far. Oh, and Joe Ellis blows.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:

I think you are the only one bothered by this.
mke1010

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:

At first I thought you were over reacting or maybe the Broncos simply followed procedure by reporting to the NFL while not making a public statement on the incident. There is a fine line between concealing and having set protocol.

As a pattern is emerging, I think you are totally right on this issue. I am also upset. This is embarrassing and not in standing with the ideals the Broncos profess they want to uphold. We are learning that in each case the team was well aware of the facts weeks before having to admit to the public.

I think the folks at Dove Valley need to learn from this and conduct themselves in the appropriate fashion moving forward.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

I think you are the only one bothered by this.

LOL! Applause

Anyways... This is a shame. For the all the props Ive been giving John Elway, his "leadership" is taking a step back in my eyes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't hold judgement on not releasing it to the public, because I can think of a few instances where the team didn't release the fact that a player got a DUI until several days or weeks later. It seems pretty standard in the NFL. Quite frankly, Saulsberry disappoints me, but he's a bum and won't make the team, and although his act was incredibly serious and stupid, he's a blip compared to Russell and Heckert.

Thanks, Tzimisce

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: