Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Denver LT Clady Signs 5 Year Deal
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:30 am    Post subject: Denver LT Clady Signs 5 Year Deal Reply with quote

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22760688/report-broncos-ryan-clady-reach-five-year-575m-deal

Well this is what Branden Albert likely wants money wise so I think we can safely say that we'll move on from him after this year. No way we give that much, nor would I really want to with Fisher being on the team.

Thoughts Chiefs fans?

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-

Last edited by Rearviewmirror on Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:35 am; edited 2 times in total
Rearviewmirror

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I'm of the opinion that Clady is getting a bit too much money. I wouldn't sign him for that. He's very good, but he's not at all a top 3 Elite type that he's getting paid for. 33 mil guaranteed. Woof Shocked

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
Also, I'm of the opinion that Clady is getting a bit too much money. I wouldn't sign him for that. He's very good, but he's not at all a top 3 Elite type that he's getting paid for. 33 mil guaranteed. Woof Shocked

Agreed. I'm also in agreement that we should definitely move on from the Albert era if he's asking for the same kind of money Clady got, especially since we have Fisher on the roster already.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually didn't see this as a bad thing. I think with Albert's back issue he should be aware he probably won't make Clady money, and after missing out with the Dolphins on his "worth" perhaps by the end of the day we could get him in at a team friendly deal.

Now that is sunshine, lollipops and rainbows. Truth is, I think we'll make an offer today, and say if you don't like it, we'll move on next year. Which is sad, but that is pretty much what most of us braced for as best possible outcome when it became clear we were going with a tackle round 1 even if we couldn't move Albert.
Mikek163

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woah. This really sucks for Chief fans, or at least it should. Clady is not worth that kind of money AT ALL, and Albert is a superior tackle to Clady in my opinion. If I'm in Albert's camp, I wouldn't take a penny less than what Clady got, not saying either one are worth it, but that's reality.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek, if that IS Albert's thought process, he'd better play REALLLLLY well this season and hope some body else finds sees value because he will not get that kind of money in KC, and shouldn't.

Over inflated opinion of his own worth. Wink
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't know that I put Albert ahead of Clady, and honestly there are going to be a number of FA LT's next year. There are significant reason's Albert should take what is on the table.

Not the least of which is if he suffers injury wise this year, he may be costing himself millions.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mikek, if that IS Albert's thought process, he'd better play REALLLLLY well this season and hope some body else finds sees value because he will not get that kind of money in KC

Jimmy I couldn't agree more. Not only do I think we'd be unwilling to pay that much for BA, especially with Fisher on the roster. I don't know short of cutting some SERIOUS players that we could even imagine to have that much cap money next off season.
Mikek163

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me clarify, I am not saying we SHOULD pay BA this kind of money, I am simply saying this is what he will be asking for now. I think in the long run our line will be better for it anyways, as Fisher will have a year of experience, and Reid can see first hand how Allen - Asamoah - Hudson and Stephenson perform.

Fisher - Allen - Hudson - Asamoah - Stephenson is a good line as is, and will only get better and better and better as they get older / gain more experience.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's face it. Branden Albert was done the day Eric Fisher was drafted #1. The only reason he's still here is a deal couldn't get done prior to the draft.

In a perfect world, the Chiefs could sign Albert long term and he'd agree to play LG. That isn't going to happen.

I cannot fault the Chiefs' brass for how this has been handled. Cursed fate! The whole "draft #1 and keep Albert" thing was never going to work in KC's favor. They were painted in a corner from day 1 when they couldn't find a trade down from #1.

All they can do is make the best of it. We can hope a contender with cap room has a legitimate need for an LT at some point. In that case you might get that elusive R2.

Otherwise Brendan Albert is leaving next season and the Chiefs will get a comp R3.
chiefs82

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Clady but he's over paid. Plus Houston and Hali always abuse Clady lol.

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:23/Sacks:7:FF:1/FR:0
jimmydee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mongo, you get no arguments from me. I think you're spot on. UNLESS....big unless, Albert will get the pay day and with a little "for public consumption" argues mildly about going to LG, disgruntled but moves to LG, and becomes an all pro for about 7 years at that psn.

Could happen....possible, but not probable. Wink
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see the issue with keeping Albert at LT if we can extend him. He's NEVER played guard at the NFL level, so just because it seems like it'd be good, doesn't mean it would be.

I have no issue with BA at LT and Fisher at RT. And if your argument is going to come back to you don't draft a RT 1st overall, don't give me that positional value crap. You look at what's available, what you need and go from there. Plus more and more teams are trying to get 2 dynamite edger rushers, so both tackle positions are moving toward equal importance. And by the slide Albert in theory, we should just be able to do the same thing with Stephenson and have no issues either.

And I'm certainly not wanting to hang all our hopes on Stephenson even though he played solidly as a rookie. Now if he gets good PT this year (which I'm hoping against cause that means someone is out) and plays well, then yeah it's easier to move on from Albert.
Mongo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This all depends on whether the Chiefs are allowed to sign Albert before next off season. I donít think they can. If not, after the season theyíd have a short period where they could sign him before the tags are due. I canít see them tagging him two years in a row, because it costs more (Remember Vincent Jackson?).

Heíd then become an unrestricted FA and they could continue to negotiate, but letís face facts. If a deal was to be made, it would have happened already.

Besides, I donít believe the Chiefs ever really wanted to.
jimmydee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still believe the reason he is not signed is because the Chiefs want to see if he can stay healthy (back issues). If he can, they will prob. work out some sort of deal. I think this has been a health (back) issue from day one. JMO! Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: