Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Predict the Future: J'Marcus Webb
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:07 am    Post subject: Predict the Future: J'Marcus Webb Reply with quote

Over the next few boring weeks I am going to ask you to predict the future with some controversial Bears players to see what you think will happen in the next 365 days.

We start with the hot button of all hot buttons, J'Marcus Webb.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Webb will start at RT and do pretty well because he is not that bad and he will not have the pressure of playing the blindside.

Trestman will scheme so the ball comes out quickly and DEs are forced to bull rush Webb and his massive frame early in the set.

With a couple weeks left in the season he will sign a 4 year 18 million dollar deal with 8 guaranteed and continue to be the Bears RT for the near future. At which time Mills will move to RG and Long to LG in the future.
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Webb loses his starting tackle spot by week 6 to Mills.

Adopted Bear: LB DJ Williams
Christmas List
Sack of Aaron Rodgers
Sack of Matthew Stafford
Tackle Adrian Peterson for loss

TFL: SACK: INT: FF: FR:
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:

That could happen.

Mills experience in an uptempo passing attack will help him. But I think we will see some of the same growing pains with Mills that we saw with Webb.

OLmen who are ready to start at OT in their rookie years get drafted early.
chisoxguy7

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
chisoxguy7 wrote:

That could happen.

Mills experience in an uptempo passing attack will help him. But I think we will see some of the same growing pains with Mills that we saw with Webb.

OLmen who are ready to start at OT in their rookie years get drafted early.

While I don't necessarily disagree with you, there's less of a learning curve at RT than there is at LT. Also, with us having a stud at LT, we may see Webb or Mills get help from the TE or HB/FB more often.

Adopted Bear: LB DJ Williams
Christmas List
Sack of Aaron Rodgers
Sack of Matthew Stafford
Tackle Adrian Peterson for loss

TFL: SACK: INT: FF: FR:
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Webb starts at RT and stays there for the entirety of the season too allow Jordan Mills to learn for a year…but I still think he will struggle with consistency issues from time to time looking great on some plays and woeful on others…the hope is at RT he won’t cause as many problems for Cutler but I struggle to see him coming back after this year.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
I think Webb starts at RT and stays there for the entirety of the season too allow Jordan Mills to learn for a year…but I still think he will struggle with consistency issues from time to time looking great on some plays and woeful on others…the hope is at RT he won’t cause as many problems for Cutler but I struggle to see him coming back after this year.

They have invested so much in him at this point that I think we are going to see the fruits of the labor now.

I really think the plan down the road is

Bushrod
Long
Draft Pick/Free Agent
Mills
Webb

Mills to me has the look of a Kromer OG, maybe I am reading too much into the NO connections but he looks like he could be Jahri Evans.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

They have invested so much in him at this point that I think we are going to see the fruits of the labor now.

Bushrod
Long
Draft Pick/Free Agent
Mills
Webb

Mills to me has the look of a Kromer OG, maybe I am reading too much into the NO connections but he looks like he could be Jahri Evans.

This coaching staff have invested nothing in Webb...Kromer's scheme isn't like Tice's was...it will be a whole new learning curve and as we have seen in the past Webb struggles to pick things up quickly...I just don't think Trestman will stand for the inconsistences in Webb's game.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Bushrod
Long
Draft Pick/Free Agent
Mills
Webb

This coaching staff have invested nothing in Webb...Kromer's scheme isn't like Tice's was...it will be a whole new learning curve and as we have seen in the past Webb struggles to pick things up quickly...I just don't think Trestman will stand for the inconsistences in Webb's game.

Agree with that. Mills (and Long for that matter) is MT's guy. Webb isn't, and he's on his deal's final year. I'm not convinced if the TC battle is a push that Mills doesn't get the call right away.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
tgmxd

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Bushrod
Long
Draft Pick/Free Agent
Mills
Webb

If the plan is Long at LG, why wouldn't they play him there now? I think they want to keep him at RG.
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott beats him out in training camp

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chisoxguy7 wrote:
The only way Webb loses this job is by getting injured. I liked the Mills pick but he is not going to beat our Webb this year or probably ever.
It looks to me like the gamble with Webb is paying off and will help stabilize our line for the next five years.
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Bushrod
Long
Draft Pick/Free Agent
Mills
Webb

Webb's development has been steady and will continue. Trestman will aid the whole line immensely since he will ensure the plays get in on time. Webb has shown one of the most important qualities a lineman can have, durability. This alone will mean he stays in the NFL for the next five or six years, and most probably with the Bears.
Bowler1215

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott beat him out in training camp and become a back up. Theres a chance(slim one) that we trade him.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Webb only played 1 year of major college football so it has taken him a couple of years to improve.

But this is 4th year of playing serious competition, as if he had played 4 years at Texas, and he has gotten better every year and continues to improve.

I expect him to have a very solid year now that all eyes are off of him and I expect he will be around for awhile. Watch how much better Webb is when he is not being exposed by terrible offensive coaching and much better line play around him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: