Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chris Ivory? What kind of production are you expecting?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Chris Ivory? What kind of production are you expecting? Reply with quote

Hello Jets fans, I'm curious about Chris Ivory's role in the offense. I know he is expected to be the starter, but what kind of production is he expected to get? I'm obviously asking for fantasy football purposes, I have my concerns about him handling the full workload and playing for an offense that might struggle to stay on the field and therefore he loses carries by playing catchup.

What do you think?

Carries
Receptions
TDs
Yards(rush and rec)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canton.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm predicting 1200+ yards if he stay healthy. Powell & Goodson will get some touches, but I think Ivory is going to surprise a lot of people and take over completely.
Harris Smith

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not that familiar with how FF works exactly, but one way to look at the Jet's RB's production is if the Jet's can't find the answers they're looking for at WR, they will do a lot of dumpoff passes to the backs. They're also going to have a strong run blocking group along the OL, so I would expect decent production running the ball, provided Ivory can stay healthy, of course. Picking him up in FF would seem like a high-upside selection.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harris Smith wrote:
I'm not that familiar with how FF works exactly, but one way to look at the Jet's RB's production is if the Jet's can't find the answers they're looking for at WR, they will do a lot of dumpoff passes to the backs. They're also going to have a strong run blocking group along the OL, so I would expect decent production running the ball, provided Ivory can stay healthy, of course. Picking him up in FF would seem like a high-upside selection.

wouldnt goodson be more of the receiver RB in that situation?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Provided Chris Ivory stays healthy

Carries - ~270
Receptions - 40
TDs - 12
Yards - 1100-1280 at 4.3-4.5ypc and about 300 receiving yards

Ideally we lean heavy on the running game the first couple of weeks with Geno Smith starting even though historically Mornhinweg doesn't call a lot of run plays. In his last 10 seasons coaching he's only been the top half of the league in rushing attempts twice at 15 and 12 respectively. I think Rex influences him to run a little more though and I have faith in Ivory's ability as a runner.
sandwhich

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going to more of a committee than people think, I believe.

My prediction is 700 yards and 6 TDs on the ground, 200 yards and 2 TDs receiving.

Goodson, Powell, and maybe Mcknight will combine for another 700 yards and 350 receiving.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One object that an analyst pointed to was Shonn Greene's production last year. If Greene was 15th in scoring for RBs, why can't Chris Ivory do better? Chris Ivory is a more talented back than Shonn Greene. If he can stay healthy, the sky is the limit.

Jets are definitely going to run the ball - a lot - despite what public opinion seems to be. Mike Goodson or Bilal Powell will take away some touches, but ultimately I think he'll average about 18 touches a game. My guess is that he'll get a injury sometime during the season, but will be effective when on the field.

13 games: 235 carries, 1055 yards, 7 TDs - 20 receptions, 150 yards, 1 TD

New York Sack Exchange Redux

Last edited by jetskid007 on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

740 yards rushing, 300 yards receiving, 8 total TDs

It'll be a committee, but I can see him getting banged up before the season's out. I imagine he'll enter 12-13 games healthy.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jets fans

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: