Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

lawrence vickers released
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
sdrawkcab321


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 10159
Location: Cleveland
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: lawrence vickers released Reply with quote

@AdamSchefter: Cowboys released fullback Lawrence Vickers today.

Any chance he can make a return here ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dropkick_pride


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 10805
Location: C-bus
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too old.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ditchdigger


Joined: 09 Jan 2005
Posts: 17115
Location: Gahanna, OH
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has none chance of returning here, but kudos for making this thread so fast.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zelbell


Joined: 08 Feb 2010
Posts: 8662
Location: Columbus
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No
_________________

Adopt a Brown: Josh Gordon
2014 Stats: 8 catches, 120 yards
Sig by Smack
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bulldog


Joined: 18 Nov 2008
Posts: 5843
Location: Salem
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to say it, but he did play here when chud was OC. And when the browns released that linebacker for att murder, they didn't fill that spot. They are still at 89 players.

So I'd say vickers or kerry Rhodes has a chance to land here
_________________
2013 First Ballot Recipient of the Joe Blackburn Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pnies20


Joined: 19 Dec 2007
Posts: 7473
Location: Nashville through Erie, PA
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no way
_________________
2013 Browns Forum HOF Inductee

<3 JF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
roger murdock


Joined: 13 Dec 2010
Posts: 6322
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hes not good and didnt do much with Chud. His breakout season was a 5 game stretch where we ran it every play and used a guard at tight end. Theres a reason he keeps getting cut over and over.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ether


Joined: 16 Aug 2011
Posts: 2010
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
Hes not good and didnt do much with Chud. His breakout season was a 5 game stretch where we ran it every play and used a guard at tight end. Theres a reason he keeps getting cut over and over.


He was good longer than that but the Browns don't bring him back. id like to see an undrafted guy knock heads at fullback if we use one at all.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thomas5737


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 6152
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

roger murdock wrote:
Hes not good and didnt do much with Chud. His breakout season was a 5 game stretch where we ran it every play and used a guard at tight end. Theres a reason he keeps getting cut over and over.


He never gelled with Murray in Dallas, I think that was the main reason he was cut. I think the FB/RB need to be on the same page, and they didn't seem to be. Vickers and Hillis were great together, they seemed to always know what the other one was going to do. I think that is what makes a great fullback, and a great tandem.

Vickers seems to block pretty well inside still, but not very well in space, and I think that would make him a bad lead blocker for T-Rich because even though he is a powerful runner, he still looks to break it outside on occasion.

Vickers was catching the ball a little better last season, but still wasn't sure handed by any means.

It wouldn't hurt anything to bring him in to camp and try it out seeing that he is still better than Marecic, who struggles at every facet of the position but I think it would still end in him not making the roster.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Entropy


Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Posts: 2736
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ether wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
Hes not good and didnt do much with Chud. His breakout season was a 5 game stretch where we ran it every play and used a guard at tight end. Theres a reason he keeps getting cut over and over.


He was good longer than that but the Browns don't bring him back. id like to see an undrafted guy knock heads at fullback if we use one at all.


I think you're right that he was 'good' more than 5 games. However, he was never as 'good' as those that complained about his release seemed to think.

I could be wrong, but I think that's the point roger was trying to make.

Vickers was really not much more than a common example of a fullback.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dropkick_pride


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 10805
Location: C-bus
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
Ether wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
Hes not good and didnt do much with Chud. His breakout season was a 5 game stretch where we ran it every play and used a guard at tight end. Theres a reason he keeps getting cut over and over.


He was good longer than that but the Browns don't bring him back. id like to see an undrafted guy knock heads at fullback if we use one at all.


I think you're right that he was 'good' more than 5 games. However, he was never as 'good' as those that complained about his release seemed to think.

I could be wrong, but I think that's the point roger was trying to make.

Vickers was really not much more than a common example of a fullback.


And replaced by a worse example...

The team needs a decent fullback, Marecic is not the answer, maybe someone unexpected will step up?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Entropy


Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Posts: 2736
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Entropy wrote:
Ether wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
Hes not good and didnt do much with Chud. His breakout season was a 5 game stretch where we ran it every play and used a guard at tight end. Theres a reason he keeps getting cut over and over.


He was good longer than that but the Browns don't bring him back. id like to see an undrafted guy knock heads at fullback if we use one at all.


I think you're right that he was 'good' more than 5 games. However, he was never as 'good' as those that complained about his release seemed to think.

I could be wrong, but I think that's the point roger was trying to make.

Vickers was really not much more than a common example of a fullback.


And replaced by a worse example...

The team needs a decent fullback, Marecic is not the answer, maybe someone unexpected will step up?


Vickers was replaced by a rookie that performed as well as he did when he was a rookie.

Marecic is still on the Browns roster, so clearly the Browns disagree with you about what the possible answers at fullback are.

I'm curious why you think this disagreement exists.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dropkick_pride


Joined: 18 Jan 2009
Posts: 10805
Location: C-bus
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Entropy wrote:
Ether wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
Hes not good and didnt do much with Chud. His breakout season was a 5 game stretch where we ran it every play and used a guard at tight end. Theres a reason he keeps getting cut over and over.


He was good longer than that but the Browns don't bring him back. id like to see an undrafted guy knock heads at fullback if we use one at all.


I think you're right that he was 'good' more than 5 games. However, he was never as 'good' as those that complained about his release seemed to think.

I could be wrong, but I think that's the point roger was trying to make.

Vickers was really not much more than a common example of a fullback.


And replaced by a worse example...

The team needs a decent fullback, Marecic is not the answer, maybe someone unexpected will step up?


Vickers was replaced by a rookie that performed as well as he did when he was a rookie.

Marecic is still on the Browns roster, so clearly the Browns disagree with you about what the possible answers at fullback are.

I'm curious why you think this disagreement exists.


?

... That Marecic sucks?

... Or that vickers will NOT be brought back?

Nt much of a disagreement with either of those in these parts.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Entropy


Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Posts: 2736
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
Entropy wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Entropy wrote:
Ether wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
Hes not good and didnt do much with Chud. His breakout season was a 5 game stretch where we ran it every play and used a guard at tight end. Theres a reason he keeps getting cut over and over.


He was good longer than that but the Browns don't bring him back. id like to see an undrafted guy knock heads at fullback if we use one at all.


I think you're right that he was 'good' more than 5 games. However, he was never as 'good' as those that complained about his release seemed to think.

I could be wrong, but I think that's the point roger was trying to make.

Vickers was really not much more than a common example of a fullback.


And replaced by a worse example...

The team needs a decent fullback, Marecic is not the answer, maybe someone unexpected will step up?


Vickers was replaced by a rookie that performed as well as he did when he was a rookie.

Marecic is still on the Browns roster, so clearly the Browns disagree with you about what the possible answers at fullback are.

I'm curious why you think this disagreement exists.


?

... That Marecic sucks?

... Or that vickers will NOT be brought back?

Nt much of a disagreement with either of those in these parts.


So, you don't know why the Browns think you're wrong about Marecic?

Or, is it that you don't know why you have this opinion that 'Marecic is not the answer'?

Perhaps you just didn't know that Marecic was still on the Browns roster?

Which is it?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thomas5737


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 6152
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entropy wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Entropy wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
Entropy wrote:
Ether wrote:
roger murdock wrote:
Hes not good and didnt do much with Chud. His breakout season was a 5 game stretch where we ran it every play and used a guard at tight end. Theres a reason he keeps getting cut over and over.


He was good longer than that but the Browns don't bring him back. id like to see an undrafted guy knock heads at fullback if we use one at all.


I think you're right that he was 'good' more than 5 games. However, he was never as 'good' as those that complained about his release seemed to think.

I could be wrong, but I think that's the point roger was trying to make.

Vickers was really not much more than a common example of a fullback.


And replaced by a worse example...

The team needs a decent fullback, Marecic is not the answer, maybe someone unexpected will step up?


Vickers was replaced by a rookie that performed as well as he did when he was a rookie.

Marecic is still on the Browns roster, so clearly the Browns disagree with you about what the possible answers at fullback are.

I'm curious why you think this disagreement exists.


?

... That Marecic sucks?

... Or that vickers will NOT be brought back?

Nt much of a disagreement with either of those in these parts.


So, you don't know why the Browns think you're wrong about Marecic?

Or, is it that you don't know why you have this opinion that 'Marecic is not the answer'?

Perhaps you just didn't know that Marecic was still on the Browns roster?

Which is it?


I don't think Marecic will make the final roster but the new staff wants to give him a chance to see what he has to offer before they cut him. He is still young and we don't have anyone else on our roster that is anything near a sure thing, so there is no harm in taking a look at him.

Other positions have suffered cuts, but they have also named starters (pre-camp) for those positions.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group