Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vickers waived.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SHSTE92


Joined: 08 Jan 2006
Posts: 3524
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject: Vickers waived. Reply with quote

Saves the Cowboys $1.2 million and now have $10 million in cap according to ESPN.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/9473733/dallas-cowboys-waive-fullback-lawrence-vickers
_________________

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 29213
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So...McSurdy to FB? Or is the position being phased out in favor of carrying a 4th TE?
_________________

^^^Deadpulse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
SHSTE92


Joined: 08 Jan 2006
Posts: 3524
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like 4th TE, but that odd to me as our 2-4 TEs are more catching less blocking. With the struggles of our running game and OL I would have liked to see a FB. I know I read somewhere in one of the camps Kowalski was taking FB reps but I doubt that adds up to much at 6'3" 300 LBs.
_________________

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
CowboysTilIDie


Joined: 09 Jan 2012
Posts: 3716
Location: Amarillo, TX
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote



SAY HELLO TO YOUR NEW FB/Backup LB/Special Teamer!
_________________

Thanks for the sig LORK!

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
textaz03


Moderator
Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Posts: 11545
Location: Land of the Jersey Devil!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw this coming from a mike away. Now, Vontae Leach anyone?
_________________




"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
SHSTE92


Joined: 08 Jan 2006
Posts: 3524
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:


SAY HELLO TO YOUR NEW FB/Backup LB/Special Teamer!


Think he can beat out the Signed/Drafted/UDFA pool at LB we got?
_________________

Member of the Tank for Jameis Winston Fan Club #Lamest4Jameis
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Felix=Fast!


Joined: 27 Jan 2009
Posts: 2360
Location: Amarillo Tx
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vickers never impressed me
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Texas_OutLaw7


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 25127
Location: Cowboys Forum ROH Class of '12
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good.

I wanted to like Vickers, but he simply didn't deliver. No sense in keeping someone who didn't add value to the team.
_________________


In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J_Rowskee_DC


Joined: 25 May 2008
Posts: 782
Location: University of North Texas
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the entire forum knew this was coming. Odd man out in tight end based offense. Didn't help that we were 31st in running game either
_________________

thanks to Joe_is_the_best
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CowboysTilIDie


Joined: 09 Jan 2012
Posts: 3716
Location: Amarillo, TX
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHSTE92 wrote:


Think he can beat out the Signed/Drafted/UDFA pool at LB we got?


Maybe, maybe not. But he's got versatility and with the injury history of Lee and Carter, I could see us going deeper with the LBs.
_________________

Thanks for the sig LORK!

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 28 Oct 2004
Posts: 20858
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point, unless RedPubes actually dedicates a game plan to the running game, why bother signing another FB? All he'd do is ride the bench while Romo passes the ball 75% of the game.
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GeneralDissaray


Joined: 07 Apr 2006
Posts: 5507
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
At this point, unless RedPubes actually dedicates a game plan to the running game, why bother signing another FB? All he'd do is ride the bench while Romo passes the ball 75% of the game.


Was there a point to keeping him on all this time only to cut him? We rarely used him, he had one year left on his contract, and we look to be eliminating the fb position again, so why didn't we dump a while ago?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 29213
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GeneralDissaray wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
At this point, unless RedPubes actually dedicates a game plan to the running game, why bother signing another FB? All he'd do is ride the bench while Romo passes the ball 75% of the game.


Was there a point to keeping him on all this time only to cut him? We rarely used him, he had one year left on his contract, and we look to be eliminating the fb position again, so why didn't we dump a while ago?


They were waiting until he got healthy to cut him so they avoided paying an injury settlement.
_________________

^^^Deadpulse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
the lone star


Moderator
Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 28298
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Good.

I wanted to like Vickers, but he simply didn't deliver. No sense in keeping someone who didn't add value to the team.


I liked him, but I liked Tony Fiammetta so much more.

Vickers was solid as a receiver, but you don't pay your FB to be a receiver, unless his name is Richie Anderson.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
the lone star


Moderator
Joined: 18 Apr 2005
Posts: 28298
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
GeneralDissaray wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
At this point, unless RedPubes actually dedicates a game plan to the running game, why bother signing another FB? All he'd do is ride the bench while Romo passes the ball 75% of the game.


Was there a point to keeping him on all this time only to cut him? We rarely used him, he had one year left on his contract, and we look to be eliminating the fb position again, so why didn't we dump a while ago?


They were waiting until he got healthy to cut him so they avoided paying an injury settlement.


Makes sense. Smart move then.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group