Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How Do you feel about the pass protection!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buckeyeboy89

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: How Do you feel about the pass protection! Reply with quote

The lions are clearly going to throw it alot, is Staff going to have the time he needs?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it will be improved.

We didnt give up a lot of sacks last year, but we did consistently allow pressure up the middle, mostly because of Peterman who was replaced at least 1 year too late.

Reiff will have his growing pains, but I expect him to do as well as Backus did last year.

Biggest question is RT.

While Cherilus was terrible at run blocking, he was quite good in pass protection.

Even if our pass blocking isnt as good, if our run blocking can be better, it would make things easier on the passing game as a whole.

2014 Adopt-A-Lion #1: Joe Lombardi
2014 Adopt-A-Lion #2: James Ihedigbo
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Won't know until I see them play.

To many new starters to have any real analysis.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Buckeyeboy89

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
Won't know until I see them play.

To many new starters to have any real analysis.

ya i agree

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Reiff will struggle as much as people think at LT. I think at very worst Reiff is equal to Backus.

Rob Sims returns and is solid.

Dom always is the big question and weak link. Added weight, maybe having an upgrade at RG will help.

Warford > Peterman. Fairly confident in saying that even without seeing him play yet.

I was never a huge fan of Goz though he was pretty solid for us the past couple years. I'd say RT IMO is our most worrisome spot though I'd wait to see how Fox looks before adding another Vet to the mix.

IMO it's not much of a stretch to think our O-line MAY actually be better than last year. Only time will tell though.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a bit excited about a younger OL but that also worries me a bit too.

Chi and Min can get to the QB decent.

I have high hopes for Reiff but kind of reluctant to make any judgements off this group yet.

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Rockcity

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool thing is we got some bigger tes too. I see williams n grew as the better blockers of the group. Line looks like a power line now.. think with the weapons we got they would want a more agile unit. But never know still gotta see I guess. And still need a more stout center.. its an almost garrentee imo we pick up some OL next year soo. I just hope Stafford survives. Butif we use are tes creatively we sshould be ok. I bet they keep as many tes as wrs this year, atleast I would.
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockcity wrote:
Cool thing is we got some bigger tes too. I see williams n grew as the better blockers of the group. Line looks like a power line now.. think with the weapons we got they would want a more agile unit. But never know still gotta see I guess. And still need a more stout center.. its an almost garrentee imo we pick up some OL next year soo. I just hope Stafford survives. Butif we use are tes creatively we sshould be ok. I bet they keep as many tes as wrs this year, atleast I would.

There were some articles mentioning Williams growing into an OL actually in future

AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Rockcity

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Rockcity wrote:

There were some articles mentioning Williams growing into an OL actually in future
I could see it.
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankly? Nervous. It's not like we were teeming with Pro Bowlers last year, but protection was mostly adequate and now we're replacing three offensive linemen all a once. Fox and Hilliard are both unknowns, and while Reiff and Warford have a ton of talent, they're inexperienced. This offensive line could actually be really terrible. It's not like I've gone into previous seasons expecting excellence, but at least you knew to expect pretty average performance, and now we might not even get that.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for four years running!)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: