Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bird Watch Discussion Thread (Players still Available!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
Vinny only played 14 snaps yesterday, but made an impact while he was in. Forced Eli into an intentional grounding, which I thought should have been a sack as it looked like Eli's knee touched the ground before the pass was thrown. Either way, he got good pressure there and on at least one other pass attempt.

However, considering Eli had 50+ pass attempts, one would think Vinny would get more than 14 snaps. Confused

And considering we couldn't get any pressure and that the Giants don't run the ball...

Maybe Curry is in the dog house with Davis from some practice BS much like Graham was last year with Washburn? It's the only explanation I can come up with. He like Graham last year has made an impact in what little time he's been on the field.

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 11 Gm/ 63 Rec/ 980 Yds/ 9 TD/ 15.5 YPC/
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Phire wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
Vinny only played 14 snaps yesterday, but made an impact while he was in. Forced Eli into an intentional grounding, which I thought should have been a sack as it looked like Eli's knee touched the ground before the pass was thrown. Either way, he got good pressure there and on at least one other pass attempt.

However, considering Eli had 50+ pass attempts, one would think Vinny would get more than 14 snaps. Confused

And considering we couldn't get any pressure and that the Giants don't run the ball...

Maybe Curry is in the dog house with Davis from some practice BS much like Graham was last year with Washburn? It's the only explanation I can come up with. He like Graham last year has made an impact in what little time he's been on the field.

It was the same thing last year though for Vinny. Looked good and played hard, but the coaches refused to play him. He seems like a good character guy who loves the Eagles. I don't think there are any personal vendettas against him.

Football coaches tend to be arses. This might just be a case of "I'm not pulling out a guy I like for a youngster." AKA playing favorites.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
BrotherlyLove

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/10/07/refo-phi-nyg-week-5/

Quote:
[Curry's] Pass Rushing Productivity rating of 20.4 leads all defensive players (regardless of position) with more than 25 snaps rushing the passer on the year.

Now, PFF's stats are flawed/up to debate, but still interesting nonetheless. He simply has to get more time so we can see how his production holds up with more fatigue/snaps played.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thornton been good.

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrotherlyLove wrote:

Quote:
[Curry's] Pass Rushing Productivity rating of 20.4 leads all defensive players (regardless of position) with more than 25 snaps rushing the passer on the year.

Now, PFF's stats are flawed/up to debate, but still interesting nonetheless. He simply has to get more time so we can see how his production holds up with more fatigue/snaps played.

PFF flawed but still a good sign.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
RandyMossIsBoss

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
BrotherlyLove wrote:

Quote:

Their stats really aren't flawed, at all, at least with the Eagles. On two occasions I've tallied all the drops, missed tackles, hurries, hits, and broken tackles in an Eagle game and came up with nearly identical numbers to PFF. For each game there was a 1 drop difference, for the first game there was a 1 missed tackle and 1 hurry difference, and the second game there was a 2 hurry difference. Their grades are beyond flawed as they require a ton of subjectivity, but their stats rely on little subjectivity.

~Bird Watch 2014 | Mark "The Sanchize" Sanchez~
202 yards, 2 TDs, 2 INTs, 89.6 Passer Rating
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chip Kelly was so excited to draft Ertz he has decided to never use him.

Kelly is a moron.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
JayAp07

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:
Chip Kelly was so excited to draft Ertz he has decided to never use him.

Kelly is a moron.

Laughing

Bradley Fletcher 9 tackles and 5 passes defended against the Giants.

2013 Philadelphia Eagles NFC East Champs
Phire

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandyMossIsBoss wrote:
Phire wrote:
BrotherlyLove wrote:

Quote:

Their stats really aren't flawed, at all, at least with the Eagles. On two occasions I've tallied all the drops, missed tackles, hurries, hits, and broken tackles in an Eagle game and came up with nearly identical numbers to PFF. For each game there was a 1 drop difference, for the first game there was a 1 missed tackle and 1 hurry difference, and the second game there was a 2 hurry difference. Their grades are beyond flawed as they require a ton of subjectivity, but their stats rely on little subjectivity.

Well statistical tallying shouldn't be flawed, as it's very much tangible.
But when they come out with their secret "formulas" that they don't reveal and make wild claims, then something is flawed.

Like I'm cool with Evan Mathis being a pretty solid guard, but a top 5 player in the NFL? Something's not adding up right.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bold prediction.

Ertz gets his first career TD today.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Phire wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:

Curry not seeing the field because he isn't ideal for the 2 gap 3-4, but he should regardless he's too productive

Hammertime52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers

"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"
JayAp07

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
Phire wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:

Curry not seeing the field because he isn't ideal for the 2 gap 3-4, but he should regardless he's too productive

Is anyone on this team an ideal fit for the 2 gap 3-4? I really don't understand that rationale. Like you said, regardless of the "fit" he's too productive to not be played.

2013 Philadelphia Eagles NFC East Champs
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was nice to see Vinny contribute a sack while the game still mattered.

Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Foles has only played in 12 QT throughout his 4 games played yet managed 1000 yds, 13 TD , zero picks? To think he wasted 3 QT's stinking up the joint against Dallas makes it even more impressive thru 9!

I would gladly eat crow for years to come if he can actually become the real deal or QBOTF. Gladly! Now go prove it against playoff teams. Not just teams fighting for a top 5 pick.

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 11 Gm/ 63 Rec/ 980 Yds/ 9 TD/ 15.5 YPC/
SiLo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boykin started slow but quickly caught up after getting burnt. He shut his guy down after that so that's a good thing.

Bird Watch: Brandon Boykin
27 TACKLES 0 SACK 1 FF 2 INT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: