Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mike Goodson

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walker85

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Mike Goodson Reply with quote

Is he reporting to camp. As far as I know he was not the driver and not the owner of the gun. anyone have any update.
Raoul Duke

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what's going on with that but I gotta party with that dude sometime.

- Cliff Burton
ganggreen1102

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know man but all I know is that Powell is beating him out to be the #2 RB
green24

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ganggreen1102 wrote:
I don't know man but all I know is that Powell is beating him out to be the #2 RB
I like Powell, but Goodson is an ideal third down back in this offense. Goodson is a strong receiving threat out of the backfield and offers a very nice change of pace from Ivory's bruising running style.

However, if Ivory were to go down with an injury during the season, I'd prefer to see Powell take over the bulk of the carries.
ganggreen1102

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
ganggreen1102 wrote:
I like Powell, but Goodson is an ideal third down back in this offense. Goodson is a strong receiving threat out of the backfield and offers a very nice change of pace from Ivory's bruising running style.

However, if Ivory were to go down with an injury during the season, I'd prefer to see Powell take over the bulk of the carries.

In response to the part where you said that Goodson is a nice change of pace back: Powell proved last year to be a great change of pace, quick and recieving threat out of the backfield. He also has experience in the Jets offense and unlike Goodson, he doesn't have fumbling issues.
green24

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ganggreen1102 wrote:
green24 wrote:
ganggreen1102 wrote:

In response to the part where you said that Goodson is a nice change of pace back: Powell proved last year to be a great change of pace, quick and recieving threat out of the backfield. He also has experience in the Jets offense and unlike Goodson, he doesn't have fumbling issues.

No, he does not. We have a completely revamped offense now. Just like Goodson, Powell has no experience in Marty Mornhinweg's offense.

Bilal Powell is not the speed or receiving threat that Mike Goodson is. Goodson has nearly as many career receiving yards (524) as he has rushing yards (722). In 14 games last year, Powell posted 140 receiving yards and caught less than half of the passes thrown his way.
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ganggreen1102 wrote:
green24 wrote:
ganggreen1102 wrote:

We have a new offense this year.... We are now a WCO... Goodson fits in more with what Marty likes to do, with the outside runs. Goodson is our most explosive RB.

And yes he is reporting to training camp, the JEts are letting the legal stuff play out and that can go well into the season.

Props to El Ramster on the sig
jetfuel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think Joe McKnight should be the main running back. He has played in the WCO with USC and has the best hands in the RB group. I think he can solve the fumble issue really easily by holding the ball high like Tiki Barbar did.
ekill08x

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetfuel wrote:
I still think Joe McKnight should be the main running back. He has played in the WCO with USC and has the best hands in the RB group. I think he can solve the fumble issue really easily by holding the ball high like Tiki Barbar did.

Yeah except we still dont really have much of passing offense. When we do drop back to pass this offense has the west coast type scheme, but lets make no mistake, were still going to be a mostly power running team until someone can prove to be able to toss it 40 times a game successfully.

Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Davey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless the Jets decide to release him prior to camp given the information they have, the legal situation isn't going to play itself out in any significant way until after the season it sounds like. So he'll play with the team this season if the Jets want to keep him around.
Raoul Duke

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Powell. He's not flashy but he's shown an ability to find a hole. He's got decent hands and he's probably the best back they have for picking up a blitz. Don't underestimate how valuable that is.

- Cliff Burton

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: